Adelaide Hills | Developments & News

Developments in Regional South Australia. Including Port Lincoln, Victor Harbor, Wallaroo, Gawler and Mount Barker.
mattwinter
Sen-Rookie-Sational

Re: Adelaide Hills | Developments & News

#196 Post by mattwinter » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:31 pm

Norman wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:25 pm
Looks great, but I would love more detail on the plans, especially the hotel, the shopping village and the cable car. Will there also be access improvements to the summit? A roundabout at the entrance would be a great start, as well as better public transport access.
I would have thought you use the cable car as part of the solution to access. Run it up from somewhere down on the plains where you can build a carpark and there is good public transport access already. Try and encourage most people to make their way up to the park via the cable car...

Was in New Zealand over summer where they have the 'Skyline' facilities in Queenstown and Rotorua with Godolas which is the sort of thing I mean. Sell packages which include your godola ticket + a resturant meal in the evening etc. Getting some of those luges that they build in Rotorua would be pretty fun too :lol:

Grungle
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#197 Post by Grungle » Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:32 pm

So, any idea what should/could be done with the now defunct Belair National Park Golf Course?

The land is supposedly still part of the National Park and performs a necessary buffer function. People seem very concerned about it being turned into housing, but that seems very unlikely.

I've seen suggestions of an outdoor recreation area - mountain bike park, skate park, big adventure playground etc. Sounds like it would fit well with the rest of the park, and could make good use of the existing amenities.

Eurostar
High Rise Poster!

#198 Post by Eurostar » Wed May 02, 2018 4:49 pm

New BP AM/PM service station at Stirling, South Australia is now open. There looks like there will be a cafe or eaterie coming soon in the servo, I doubt it will be SA's 3rd Carls Junior though.
Last edited by Eurostar on Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HiTouch
High Rise Poster!

#199 Post by HiTouch » Thu May 24, 2018 12:06 pm

This cablecart is still going ahead despite the upgrade of government. :wink: It was in the Advertiser today.
1 like = 1 prayer