[COM] The Bend Motorsport Park

Developments in Regional South Australia. Including Port Lincoln, Victor Harbor, Wallaroo, Gawler and Mount Barker.
SBD
Legendary Member!

[COM] Re: The Bend Motorsport Park

#61 Post by SBD » Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:49 pm

flaneur wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:47 pm
rail stop proposal on the cards, GSR may be interested or at the least hire out rollingstock for charter, Adelaide City Council preparing a plan to bring The Overland into Adelaide Rail Station but no word of interest from Adelaide Metro
Practically, bringing the Overland in to Adelaide station now requires at a minimum for the standard gauge track to cross the Gawler and Outer Harbor lines and dual gauge track on one platform. The platforms now are nowhere near as long as they were when regional and interstate trains regularly came in to the station. I'm not sure what extra infrastructure would be required to support shunting to push the train in to the station off of the main line - some signals and safeworking at least, possibly an extra siding or parallel line to be able to pull it in to the Adelaide yard, then run the locomotives round to the other end, rather than push it all the way from Adelaide Parklands Station on the main line.

mattwinter
Gold-Member ;)

#62 Post by mattwinter » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:53 pm

I wonder if, for something like a once off to Tailem Bend for race days, it would make more sense for the train to pick passengers up from somewhere like Goodwood station. Already a platform there (disused) for the SG line, can connect with Seaford / Tonsley / Belair lines there....?

Howie
VIP Member
VIP Member

#63 Post by Howie » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:28 pm

Hi guys,

I’m keen on building a 3D model of the main straight, garage building. Does anyone have a copy of the development application so I can gain some architectural details needed for my model?

Cheers

85trainfan
Gold-Member ;)

#64 Post by 85trainfan » Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:53 pm

mattwinter wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:34 am
Would love to see some nice hills built up around the track / trees on the hills - nice spectator friendly areas to sit and watch racing with some natural shade.
After attending the First V8 event at The Bend , this is one top-notch circuit. The track can easily be view from the large viewing mounds around it, Several Grandstands with covers have been erected (cover permanent structure, but grandstand temporary) and places for videos screens in the lowest point to enable uninterpreted track views.
The other activities like the Go-karting and the 4WD track are awesome (kart track at night time was heaps of fun :P )

A big hats off to the Shanin family for this precinct :applause: :applause: :applause:
Regards Jarrod

Any posts made are my own opinion and do not represent any organisation with which I am associated.

mattwinter
Gold-Member ;)

#65 Post by mattwinter » Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:43 pm

85trainfan wrote:
Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:53 pm
mattwinter wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:34 am
Would love to see some nice hills built up around the track / trees on the hills - nice spectator friendly areas to sit and watch racing with some natural shade.
After attending the First V8 event at The Bend , this is one top-notch circuit. The track can easily be view from the large viewing mounds around it, Several Grandstands with covers have been erected (cover permanent structure, but grandstand temporary) and places for videos screens in the lowest point to enable uninterpreted track views.
The other activities like the Go-karting and the 4WD track are awesome (kart track at night time was heaps of fun :P )

A big hats off to the Shanin family for this precinct :applause: :applause: :applause:
Good to hear!! Can see the mounds and layout here: https://www.thebend.com.au/sites/defaul ... ap_web.pdf

Hills with permanent covers seems like a great option - even without the stands sitting on the hill undercover... perfect. Seems like you get a much better view of all the action than you do at the Adelaide 500.

rev
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#66 Post by rev » Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:05 am

For those who were wondering/questioning the sand and whether there would be vegetation...this should address that..

Courtesy of this lady's son at Reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/Adelaide/comme ... ky_my_son/