Victor Harbor | Developments & News

Developments in Regional South Australia. Including Port Lincoln, Victor Harbor, Wallaroo, Gawler and Mount Barker.
Goodsy
Legendary Member!

Re: Victor Harbor | Developments & News

#121 Post by Goodsy » Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:37 pm

Blimp wrote:Greenhills Adventure Park closes its doors for the final time this Sunday (May 1st) after 34 years to make way for a housing estate which they want to get started on by mid year (was a segment on channel 7 news tonight). Went there recently for one last hurrah, will miss the place.
They got bought out 7 years ago and the property developer has been sitting on it letting them run the place until they needed the land, long time coming

Blimp
High Rise Poster!

#122 Post by Blimp » Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:12 am

Was aware that there was a changing of hands 8 years ago or so and the Greenhills park management had been leasing it on an annual basis, I read in an article from when they first announced that this was their last season that rising utility costs were pushing them to the point of being unable to turn a profit anyway - so it works out well for them.

The days of adventure parks are seemingly over.

Goodsy
Legendary Member!

#123 Post by Goodsy » Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:49 am

Blimp wrote:Was aware that there was a changing of hands 8 years ago or so and the Greenhills park management had been leasing it on an annual basis, I read in an article from when they first announced that this was their last season that rising utility costs were pushing them to the point of being unable to turn a profit anyway - so it works out well for them.

The days of adventure parks are seemingly over.

The days of boring 80's adventure parks that are 2 hours away from everyone are over.

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

#124 Post by crawf » Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:23 pm

A new Bunnings Warehouse and Coles to be built on the corner of Adelaide Road and McCracken Drive.
Applicant: Coles Property Group C/- Intro Design Pty Ltd
Development Number: 453/E004/16
Nature of Development: To construct a mixed use development comprising a group of shops, a bulky goods outlet and medical consulting rooms with ancillary car parking, loading areas, acoustic fencing and landscaping
Type of development: Merit
Zone / Policy Area: Neighbourhood Centre
Subject Land: Lot 5 Adelaide Road, McCracken SA 5211
I'd say the existing smaller Coles in the town centre, will be converted to an Aldi.

neoballmon
High Rise Poster!

#125 Post by neoballmon » Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:41 am

I'd heard about this a while back, figured it had been scraped, it had been so long.

I've also heard Aldi planned to build further north on Adelaide Road.
Looking forward to a free-flowing Adelaide!

flaneur
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#126 Post by flaneur » Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:40 pm

all old news now, Aldi is now up and running, Coles and Bunnings not far from completion