Murray Bridge | Developments & News

Developments in Regional South Australia. Including Port Lincoln, Victor Harbor, Wallaroo, Gawler and Mount Barker.
Message
Author
User avatar
Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member
Posts: 5424
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2007 1:06 pm
Has thanked: 686 times
Been thanked: 1131 times

Re: Murray Bridge | Developments & News

#136 Post by Norman » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:10 am

SouthAussie94 wrote:
Ben wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:32 pm
6 Level hotel for Murray Bridge

https://www.saplanningcommission.sa.gov ... hments.pdf

Image
I wonder how much the new Tailem Bend Motorsport Park is influencing this? My understanding is that there isn't much in the way of hotel accommodation in and around the track
I would say it is a big factor. I would expect another 1 or 2 to be built in the nearby area in the coming years once the track is a proven success.

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member
Posts: 5341
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2006 7:49 pm
Location: Adelaide
Has thanked: 158 times
Been thanked: 303 times

Re: Murray Bridge | Developments & News

#137 Post by crawf » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:18 pm

Aaaand approved.
Murray Bridge Bridgeport Hotel to be revamped into six-storey, 100-bedroom hotel
Erin Jones, Regional Reporter, The Advertiser
April 18, 2018 8:10pm

AN 1880s country hotel will make way for a six-storey high-end development, boasting 99 bedrooms, an outdoor pool and alfresco terrace, in Murray Bridge.

The Development Assessment Commission last week approved an application by EDP Hotels to demolish the local heritage-listed, Bridgeport Hotel.

EDP Hotels, formerly the Eureka Hotel Group, had spent six years modifying the plan, which includes a lounge bar, outdoor play area, gym and drive-through bottleshop. The cost of redevelopment is unknown.

Artist's impression of the new Bridgeport Hotel, at Murray Bridge.
The DAC found historical modifications to the 1884 building had significantly diminished the heritage value and it negatively impacted on the amenity to streetscape.

The new 23.5m-high building, on Bridge St, was found to meet the Murray Bridge Council’s desired character of the area “to create a more attractive and better functioning centre”.

The council previously said the redevelopment would change the urban fabric of Murray Bridge and had the potential to catalyst further development.

The Bridgeport Hotel was opened in 1885 and expanded in 1910 to cater for a number of travellers wanting to stay overnight. EDP Hotels was contacted for comment.

SBD
Legendary Member!
Posts: 645
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:49 pm
Location: Blakeview
Has thanked: 189 times
Been thanked: 55 times

Re: Murray Bridge | Developments & News

#138 Post by SBD » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:17 pm

Norman wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:10 am
SouthAussie94 wrote: I wonder how much the new Tailem Bend Motorsport Park is influencing this? My understanding is that there isn't much in the way of hotel accommodation in and around the track
I would say it is a big factor. I would expect another 1 or 2 to be built in the nearby area in the coming years once the track is a proven success.
It is possible that the hotel redevelopment was planned anyway, even without The Bend. Yesterday's Murray Valley Standard article refers to an article from Dec 2016, which says they had been planning for four years at that stage.

User avatar
Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member
Posts: 5424
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2007 1:06 pm
Has thanked: 686 times
Been thanked: 1131 times

Re: Murray Bridge | Developments & News

#139 Post by Norman » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:42 pm

SBD wrote:
Norman wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:10 am
SouthAussie94 wrote: I wonder how much the new Tailem Bend Motorsport Park is influencing this? My understanding is that there isn't much in the way of hotel accommodation in and around the track
I would say it is a big factor. I would expect another 1 or 2 to be built in the nearby area in the coming years once the track is a proven success.
It is possible that the hotel redevelopment was planned anyway, even without The Bend. Yesterday's Murray Valley Standard article refers to an article from Dec 2016, which says they had been planning for four years at that stage.
Yes, but the Motorsport Park has also been in the works for quite a few years. Hard to say really.

flaneur
Sen-Rookie-Sational
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:35 am
Has thanked: 2 times

Re: Murray Bridge | Developments & News

#140 Post by flaneur » Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:50 pm

there has also been a jump in enquiries for housing and accommodation in Meningie

Eurostar
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 317
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:44 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 19 times

Re: Murray Bridge | Developments & News

#141 Post by Eurostar » Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:01 pm

I visited the latest Murray Bridge Green shopping complex on the weekend and I noticed when I was walking through the top car park that there were many cracks on the surface, for a not very old carpark is that bad?

eKwatee
Gold-Member ;)
Posts: 51
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:44 pm
Location: Mawson Lakes SA
Has thanked: 3 times

Re: Murray Bridge | Developments & News

#142 Post by eKwatee » Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:46 pm

flaneur wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:50 pm
there has also been a jump in enquiries for housing and accommodation in Meningie
The former Railway accommodation at Tailem Bend has been turned into a group accommodation as a direct result of the motor sport park

https://www.facebook.com/tailembendbunkhouse

with plenty more investment being undertaken in the Coorong District as per the article see article https://coorongrealty.com.au/coorong-pr ... le/page/2/ and https://www.thebend.com.au/news/bend-mo ... g-district

Surely short term accommodation in Murray Bridge, Tailem Bend and surrounds will continue to grow as the interstate and international visitors start to arrive for the bigger events. People got to stay somewhere if they don't live in the area.
Matt

SBD
Legendary Member!
Posts: 645
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:49 pm
Location: Blakeview
Has thanked: 189 times
Been thanked: 55 times

Re: Murray Bridge | Developments & News

#143 Post by SBD » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:45 pm

eKwatee wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:46 pm
flaneur wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:50 pm
there has also been a jump in enquiries for housing and accommodation in Meningie
The former Railway accommodation at Tailem Bend has been turned into a group accommodation as a direct result of the motor sport park

https://www.facebook.com/tailembendbunkhouse

with plenty more investment being undertaken in the Coorong District as per the article see article https://coorongrealty.com.au/coorong-pr ... le/page/2/ and https://www.thebend.com.au/news/bend-mo ... g-district

Surely short term accommodation in Murray Bridge, Tailem Bend and surrounds will continue to grow as the interstate and international visitors start to arrive for the bigger events. People got to stay somewhere if they don't live in the area.
I don't think I'd invest in accommodation on the Adelaide side of the Murray until after the bridge is duplicated, and there is no public plan for that yet. Tailem Bend, Murray Bridge East or Wellington East would be good options I suspect.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest