The mighty Port Adelaide Football Club should field a team in the World Cup

Ideas and concepts of what Adelaide can be.
Post Reply
Message
Author
HiTouch
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 245
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:40 pm
Has thanked: 117 times
Been thanked: 33 times

The mighty Port Adelaide Football Club should field a team in the World Cup

#1 Post by HiTouch » Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:04 pm

Scotland field a team, Wales field a team, they're regions of the UK, Port Adelaide is a region of Australia.
Why not field the mighty Port Adelaide Power Football Club?
We're always talking about going global and how the AFL is holding us back. They said it was impossible for Port to be in the AFL and at the moment, we seem pretty focussed on China but what is stopping us from taking the world on?
I recon we'd give it a real crack.
1 like = 1 prayer

User avatar
Llessur2002
Legendary Member!
Posts: 1162
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:59 pm
Location: West Croydon
Has thanked: 342 times
Been thanked: 497 times

Re: The mighty Port Adelaide Football Club should field a team in the World Cup

#2 Post by Llessur2002 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:53 pm

Scotland and Wales are countries, not regions :wink:

User avatar
Ho Really
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 1985
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2006 3:29 pm
Location: In your head
Has thanked: 118 times
Been thanked: 29 times

Re: The mighty Port Adelaide Football Club should field a team in the World Cup

#3 Post by Ho Really » Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:57 pm

HiTouch wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:04 pm
Scotland field a team, Wales field a team, they're regions of the UK, Port Adelaide is a region of Australia.
Why not field the mighty Port Adelaide Power Football Club?
We're always talking about going global and how the AFL is holding us back. They said it was impossible for Port to be in the AFL and at the moment, we seem pretty focussed on China but what is stopping us from taking the world on?
I recon we'd give it a real crack.
My comment is short and non technical... Firstly, Port won't be representing us, it will be Australia. Secondly, it will take a long, long time for Aussie Rules Football to have its own World Cup (for nations). For club teams maybe shorter. Conclusion: pray it happens in your lifetime or you'll be disappointed.

Cheers
Confucius say: Dumb man climb tree to get cherry, wise man spread limbs.

User avatar
[Shuz]
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 2425
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:26 pm
Has thanked: 717 times
Been thanked: 215 times

Re: The mighty Port Adelaide Football Club should field a team in the World Cup

#4 Post by [Shuz] » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:26 am

What absolute drivel.
Any views and opinions expressed are of my own, and do not reflect the views or opinions of any organisation of which I have an affiliation with.

User avatar
rev
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 3191
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:14 pm
Has thanked: 96 times
Been thanked: 196 times

Re: The mighty Port Adelaide Football Club should field a team in the World Cup

#5 Post by rev » Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:57 pm

Ho Really wrote:
Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:57 pm
HiTouch wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:04 pm
Scotland field a team, Wales field a team, they're regions of the UK, Port Adelaide is a region of Australia.
Why not field the mighty Port Adelaide Power Football Club?
We're always talking about going global and how the AFL is holding us back. They said it was impossible for Port to be in the AFL and at the moment, we seem pretty focussed on China but what is stopping us from taking the world on?
I recon we'd give it a real crack.
My comment is short and non technical... Firstly, Port won't be representing us, it will be Australia. Secondly, it will take a long, long time for Aussie Rules Football to have its own World Cup (for nations). For club teams maybe shorter. Conclusion: pray it happens in your lifetime or you'll be disappointed.

Cheers
Believe it or not, there is an AFL International Cup already.
http://www.afl.com.au/internationalcup

HiTouch
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 245
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:40 pm
Has thanked: 117 times
Been thanked: 33 times

Re: The mighty Port Adelaide Football Club should field a team in the World Cup

#6 Post by HiTouch » Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:17 pm

rev wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:57 pm
Ho Really wrote:
Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:57 pm
HiTouch wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:04 pm
Scotland field a team, Wales field a team, they're regions of the UK, Port Adelaide is a region of Australia.
Why not field the mighty Port Adelaide Power Football Club?
We're always talking about going global and how the AFL is holding us back. They said it was impossible for Port to be in the AFL and at the moment, we seem pretty focussed on China but what is stopping us from taking the world on?
I recon we'd give it a real crack.
My comment is short and non technical... Firstly, Port won't be representing us, it will be Australia. Secondly, it will take a long, long time for Aussie Rules Football to have its own World Cup (for nations). For club teams maybe shorter. Conclusion: pray it happens in your lifetime or you'll be disappointed.

Cheers
Believe it or not, there is an AFL International Cup already.
http://www.afl.com.au/internationalcup
haha looked that up and apparently Port Adelaide is sponsoring Team China!
Also, apparently Tasmania is fielding a team in the TAC Cup which has nothing to do with Tasmania. Private entities can do what they want. Diplomatically, what would the ramifications be?

[Shuz] wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:26 am
What absolute drivel.
Stop lying Shuz!
When I used your drivelmeter, it only came up with a moderate drivel!
Attachments
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (19.84 KiB) Viewed 190 times
1 like = 1 prayer

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest