Vision: Light Square Tower - 100f / 500m

Ideas and concepts of what Adelaide can be.
Matt
Legendary Member!

Re: Vision: Light Square Tower - 100f / 500m

#76 Post by Matt » Fri Nov 09, 2007 1:08 pm

That's hilarious.

That render is about as good as that one of the Currie Street one that The Advertiser published.
It'll probably end up front page tomorrow

bm7500
Donating Member
Donating Member

#77 Post by bm7500 » Fri Nov 09, 2007 1:29 pm

Cruise wrote:100 floors and 500 metres though? why stop there?
lets build a copy of the Chicago Spire, 150 floors and 610 metres!!!

Looky here!!! i got a render!!!
It could be the footings of one of the Skyscrapers in Dubai :wink:
ADELAIDE SINGAPORE LONDON BERLIN AMSTERDAM PARIS TOKYO AUCKLAND DOHA DUBLIN HONG KONG BANGKOK REYKJAVIK ROME MADRID BUDAPEST COPENHAGEN ZURICH BRUSSELS VIENNA PRAGUE STOCKHOLM LUXEMBOURG BRATISLAVA NASSAU DUBAI BAHRAIN KUALA LUMPUR HELSINKI GENEVA

Edgar
Legendary Member!

#78 Post by Edgar » Fri Nov 09, 2007 1:44 pm

The first photo of the building's side view looks like a stretched up and slimmed down version of the Burj Al-Arab
Visit my website at http://www.edgarchieng.com for more photos of Adelaide and South Australia.

Shuz
Banned
Banned

#79 Post by Shuz » Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:45 pm

I voted for taller buildings. The results arent showing up for me, does anyone know what they are. If its a hidden score, I bet its being rigged by conservatives to produce a no result.

Will409
Legendary Member!

#80 Post by Will409 » Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:47 pm

I voted for taller buildings as well and the results when I did do it an hour ago did show up for me. 82% in FAVOUR of taller buildings when I last checked.
Image LINK TO YOUTUBE PROFILE.

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

#81 Post by crawf » Fri Nov 09, 2007 4:53 pm

another useless poll :wank:

I bet if we got a whole bunch of skyscraper proposals (which apparently could happen soon), the Advertiser will probably take credit for it and say because of the huge support for a taller Adelaide thanks to its poll, its campaign or w/e. Like what they did with the 1.56b funding for SA roads, it was probably always on the agenda

JamesXander
High Rise Poster!

#82 Post by JamesXander » Fri Nov 09, 2007 4:54 pm

Imagine if they buiilt this though. It would get Australia talking. It would become an icon.

Matt
Legendary Member!

#83 Post by Matt » Fri Nov 09, 2007 6:19 pm

At that size it would be more than a touch OTT, but one half the size would be great.
It'd still completely dominate the skyline without looking ridiculous.

skyliner
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#84 Post by skyliner » Fri Nov 09, 2007 6:20 pm

Next please!

BTW - where did this come from?
Jack.

Paulns
Donating Member
Donating Member

#85 Post by Paulns » Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:16 pm

It would be excellent to see something like this built in Adelaide and would go further than getting Australia talkin.
I think this would have the potential to really start putting Adelaide on the World map!!! I also believe to that a proposal like this would need other taller buildings around it so that it wouldn't stand out as much as it would now on Adelaide's rather bland, flat skyline. Maybe a proposal like this would/could encourage people to change the rules and lift the height restrictions. I'm sure if Aircraft can land in places such as Hong kong with all there obsticles, (Mountains, skyscrapers, the sea, etc, etc) Im sure something could be worked out with the Adelaide situation????? If there's a will, there's a way...

I too voted for taller buildings!!!
"SA GOING ALL THE WAY".

thechap
High Rise Poster!

#86 Post by thechap » Sat Nov 10, 2007 4:51 pm

Paulns wrote:It would be excellent to see something like this built in Adelaide and would go further than getting Australia talkin.
I think this would have the potential to really start putting Adelaide on the World map!!! I also believe to that a proposal like this would need other taller buildings around it so that it wouldn't stand out as much as it would now on Adelaide's rather bland, flat skyline. Maybe a proposal like this would/could encourage people to change the rules and lift the height restrictions. I'm sure if Aircraft can land in places such as Hong kong with all there obsticles, (Mountains, skyscrapers, the sea, etc, etc) Im sure something could be worked out with the Adelaide situation????? If there's a will, there's a way...

I too voted for taller buildings!!!
All of this has already been said in this forum but i'll run it by you again... Don't get me wrong, I'm all for scrapers, but Adelaide only has need for a certain amount of office/residential space. If we aren't careful, we'll get into the situation that happened just after westpac house was built, there was a stack of new offices and some nice tall buildings, but they then didn't need to build another one for 25 years. We have 3 major residential projects on the go - CoH, old academy cinema site and the precinct and with the new currie st scraper being approved, the demand for space will have to be running low soon.

Lets just aim for something over 200m and once we've recovered from the hangover following the party celebrating any approval of a building that height in adelaide, we can start to talk about 500m.
"The Beauty of Grace is that it makes life not fair." - Relient K

cruel_world00
Donating Member
Donating Member

#87 Post by cruel_world00 » Sat Nov 10, 2007 7:42 pm

But a tower like this, does it need to be for a purpose or just as a landmark...

I don't know much about these types of things....but couldn't it be a monument style thing with a look out at the top, maybe restuarant...retail use in the lower parts...or is the current "vision" to be a commercial/office type use?

If someone could clear this up plz

Paulns
Donating Member
Donating Member

#88 Post by Paulns » Sat Nov 10, 2007 9:38 pm

Paulns wrote:I also believe to that a proposal like this would need other taller buildings around it so that it wouldn't stand out as much
thechap wrote:Lets just aim for something over 200m and once we've recovered from the hangover following the party celebrating any approval of a building that height in adelaide, we can start to talk about 500m.
Thats what I ment! I'd be happy with 200m plus buildings too.. I also agree that a building like this should have the observation decks, restaurants, etc.
"SA GOING ALL THE WAY".

Cruise
Banned
Banned

#89 Post by Cruise » Sat Nov 10, 2007 10:23 pm

Paulns wrote:
thechap wrote:Lets just aim for something over 200m and once we've recovered from the hangover following the party celebrating any approval of a building that height in adelaide, we can start to talk about 500m.
Thats what I ment! I'd be happy with 200m plus buildings too.. I also agree that a building like this should have the observation decks, restaurants, etc.
Hell i'll be happy with 150 metres+ buildings ATM

Paulns
Donating Member
Donating Member

#90 Post by Paulns » Sun Nov 11, 2007 1:02 pm

Same here!!!! :D
"SA GOING ALL THE WAY".