#Article : Adelaide's new West

Ideas and concepts of what Adelaide can be.
Ash-SV6
Sen-Rookie-Sational

Re: #Article : Adelaide's new West

#16 Post by Ash-SV6 » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:39 pm

Was there an image of this proposal in The Advertiser? I read the article online at AdelaideNow which only had the text.

I'm particulary interested in the proposed new motorsport circuit, which if they have set up similiar to how I would fit a circuit in that area (long straight behind Keswick rail terminal, looping around Santos stadium, behind The Advertiser printing centre, with a hairpin near Richmond Rd), would be a reasonable proposal.

If such a circuit was built, then the support category paddock, sideshows and displays, and concert arena could be temporarily established in Ellis Park during the Clipsal event. Which means after each concert, crowds are on the doorstep of the city just as they are now with the event held in the East parklands. As well as the cost benefits of having a permanent track versus a temporay one, the circuit could host multiple races during the year for other series such as the CAMS Nationals (Formula 3000's, Supertrucks, GTP) and if enough run off was included, even the Australian Superbike Championship. And since the circuit would not use any public roads, there would be no more road closures - only during events would Santos stadium and ETSA park be unavailable (and that would be easily scheduled around thier events).

Ofcourse I'd doubt such a circuit would ever get built, especially after reading the letter from the Mayor of West Torrens council, but the proposal does have some strong points.
Last edited by Ash-SV6 on Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ho Really
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#17 Post by Ho Really » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:41 pm

Thanks Brando for posting the letter from the mayor of West Torrens. That just confirms what we all have been thinking about this. It's just a waste of time.

Cheers
Confucius say: Dumb man climb tree to get cherry, wise man spread limbs.

Ho Really
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#18 Post by Ho Really » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:44 pm

Ash-SV6 wrote:Was there an image of this proposal in The Advertiser? I read the article online at AdelaideNow which only had the text.

I'm particulary interested in the proposed new motorsport circuit, which if they have set up similiar to how I would fit a circuit in that area (long straight behind Keswick rail terminal, looping around Santos stadium, behind The Advertiser printing centre, with a hairpin near Richmond Rd), would be a reasonable proposal.

If such a circuit was built, then the support category paddock, sideshows and displays, and concert arena could be temporarily established in Ellis Park during the Clipsal event. Which means after each concert, crowds are on the doorstep of the city just as they are now with the event held in the East parklands. As well as the cost benefits of having a permanent track versus a temporay one, the circuit could host multiple races during the year for other series such as the CAMS Nationals (Formula 3000's, Supertrucks, GTP) and if enough run off was included, even the Australian Superbike Championship. And since the circuit would not use any public roads, there would be no more road closures - only during events would Santos stadium and ETSA park be unavailable (and that would be easily scheduled around thier events).
Don't get your hopes high. This is truly a pie-in-the-sky idea. The current circuit in the East Parklands is perfect with or without a new Victoria Park grandstand-whatever you want to call it.

Cheers
Confucius say: Dumb man climb tree to get cherry, wise man spread limbs.