I'm starting to think so. There's a lot of money being pumped into Footy Park, it would make more sense to expand its role to a multipurpose stadium, and put in place some kind of PT that can handle the capacity crowds on footy days, rather than spend more money on an inner CBD stadium that has so many hurdles to jump;Cruise wrote:still, wouldnt it be better just to build a train line to football park?
* Are the rail yards big enough?
* What about parking space?
* What about traffic congestion?
* Would a soccer only stadium become a white elephant considering Hindmarsh is a stone's throw away.
* IF we do build a multipurpose stadium what events would we attract? Would they be annual or just once off boom/depression events (like the Olympics/FIFA)?
* What about the other more pressing needs that we have as a city? PT, roads, water, energy, and hospital infrastructure.
Prima facie an inner CBD stadium sounds like a good idea to attract life to the city, and it's certainly a popular idea, but does it make economic and practical sense?