#VIS: Inner-City Stadium/Riverbank Precinct

Ideas and concepts of what Adelaide can be.
adam_stuckey
High Rise Poster!

Re: Footy waiting on Mike

#571 Post by adam_stuckey » Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:51 pm

Shuz wrote:Conviniently the Government seems to have forgotten the - wait for it - railyards site!

And Santos Stadium too. That's a Government-owned asset. Wonder why that's been left off the radar?
They fixing up the track at Santos now, all they need to do is fix up the rest of the place and it would worth having more than Primary School sports days there!

I like the EWS site idea i think it would be much better then that Urban Forrest :wank:
With this whole stadium issue i don't understand whats so wrong about a little public consultation? The Advertiser wouldn't be running with it every two months if people didn't think it was an issue
To try to put it in some sort of perspective the World Cup is as big as having 2 grand finals a day for a month

AtD
VIP Member
VIP Member

#572 Post by AtD » Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:43 pm

Wayno wrote:Stadium thread counter: 8
I thought all VIP members can merge/close/move/delete threads.

Wayno
VIP Member
VIP Member

#573 Post by Wayno » Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:36 pm

AtD wrote:I thought all VIP members can merge/close/move/delete threads.
never done it, suppose i should learn...
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)

#574 Post by rev » Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:49 am

rhino wrote:Quote:

Now imagine if Premier Rann had the same attitude with the new city hospital.

Yes, let's compare the need to replace a 150-year-old hospital that has been added to and tacked-on to ad infinitum and is still expected to be the premier hospital in the state, to the need to replace a 35-year-old stadium that is owned by another entity. Thank God Premier Rann had a different attitude to the hospital! :roll:
Agreed. While I'd love a new stadium, or redeveloped AO, a hospital is more of a priority.
And to whoever said the Advertiser wouldn't be running a story every two months if the public wasn't interested, I beg to differ. The Advertiser/SundayMail are interested in one thing, selling their papers. Stirring up a storm over an issue is a good way to sell more papers. Most of this saga is created by them anyway.

The Premier has said that when the relevant codes come to an agreement and put it before him, he will listen.
But what I wish he had done, is give them a deadline to get their shit together, or strip them of their powers or whatever other nasty action the government could take against the incompetent, selfish buffoons at SACA and the SANFL.

Anyway here is the latest proposal(I think..)
http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/stor ... 28,00.html

Looks similar to the previous one, but notice the stand and roof on the western side of "the hill"? New addition?
The light towers seem to be different...kinda crappy.
ADELAIDE Oval's state-of-the-art redevelopment plan - a 55,000 all-seater stadium - is in the box seat to win the right to host FIFA World Cup matches.

Football Federation Australia chief executive Ben Buckley yesterday gave assurances Adelaide Oval was a safe bet to host potential 2018 or 2022 World Cup matches.

The FFA's vote of confidence would make Adelaide a potential World Cup semi-final venue for the 64-match World Cup tournament.
At least one code has got it's shit together and is backing the redevelopment. What about the clowns at SACA and SANFL?
I tell you, if the decision making process was left to the AFL, CA, and FFA, construction would be underway.
There's an idea, strip SACA/SANFL of their powers over the local leagues and venues, and hand everything over to the national bodies. Sure way to fix this dilemma of their stubbornness and incompetences'.

joshzxzx
Donating Member
Donating Member

Re: #VIS: Inner-City Stadium/Riverbank Precinct

#575 Post by joshzxzx » Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:20 am

How much is it going to cost???
South Australia the Festival State

Briggzy_03
High Rise Poster!

#576 Post by Briggzy_03 » Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:34 am

At least one code has got it's shit together and is backing the redevelopment. What about the clowns at SACA and SANFL?
I tell you, if the decision making process was left to the AFL, CA, and FFA, construction would be underway.
There's an idea, strip SACA/SANFL of their powers over the local leagues and venues, and hand everything over to the national bodies. Sure way to fix this dilemma of their stubbornness and incompetences'.
I agree that the SACA and SANFL are acting like stubborn 5 year old kids, however SACA owns the adelaide oval as does the SANFL with Aami, so you can't necessarily strip them of their venue.

Personally, I'm getting sick of all this stadium crud, I'd love for a new stadium or redeveloped AO, but I know deep down that the SANFL and SACA will continue their childish feud, Australia wont get the world cup in either '18 or '22 and we will be left with a crappy redone AAMI and Adelaide oval.

Briggzy_03
High Rise Poster!

#577 Post by Briggzy_03 » Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:36 am

After looking over again at what you said rev I think I misunderstood the stripping of venues, rather you meant the stripping of games being played at SACA and SANFL venues. Sorry about that.

Paulns
Donating Member
Donating Member

#578 Post by Paulns » Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:59 pm

Briggzy_03 wrote:however SACA owns the adelaide oval
I dont think so... I'm pretty sure the Adelaide City Council owns the Adelaide Oval. The SACA are just that main tennant.
"SA GOING ALL THE WAY".

Wayno
VIP Member
VIP Member

#579 Post by Wayno » Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:37 pm

Paulns wrote:
Briggzy_03 wrote:however SACA owns the adelaide oval
I dont think so... I'm pretty sure the Adelaide City Council owns the Adelaide Oval. The SACA are just that main tennant.
really - that's a surprise to me. Maybe the ACC have granted a perpetual lease (or 99 year lease) to use the grounds, with the SACA owning the building?
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

Paulns
Donating Member
Donating Member

#580 Post by Paulns » Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:56 pm

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.
"SA GOING ALL THE WAY".

adam_stuckey
High Rise Poster!

#581 Post by adam_stuckey » Sat Oct 24, 2009 5:58 pm

joshzxzx wrote:How much is it going to cost???
apparently $350 million if you believe that! I reckon they'd be lucky to o it for under $500 million

You could buy the land and build a completely new one for that!
To try to put it in some sort of perspective the World Cup is as big as having 2 grand finals a day for a month