Mawson Lakes to Port Adelaide bus service?

Ideas and concepts of what Adelaide can be.
Cruise
Banned
Banned

Mawson Lakes to Port Adelaide bus service?

#1 Post by Cruise » Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:17 pm

just curious, is there a Mawson lakes to Port Adelaide bus service? i can't seem to find one.

if there isn't, why isn't there one?

Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member

Re: Mawson lakes to Port Adelaide bus service?

#2 Post by Norman » Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:22 pm

Cruise wrote:just curious, is there a Mawson lakes to Port Adelaide bus service? i can't seem to find one.

I've proposed one in my project (</end_plug>), but I guess there are more important routes/corridors/areas that need the buses. Remember, we can't enter more buses into service due to ticket machines being at full capacity... there are no extra machines.

However, they are currently trailing the new ticketing system, according to ATDB. Apparently it's a touch on and go system.

Cruise
Banned
Banned

#3 Post by Cruise » Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:24 pm

Norman wrote:
However, they are currently trailing the new ticketing system, according to ATDB. Apparently it's a touch on and go system.

Isn't that Smart Card?

Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member

#4 Post by Norman » Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:00 pm

Cruise wrote:
Norman wrote:

Isn't that Smart Card?
Probably. I'm not familiar with the Smart Cards yet.

AG
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: Mawson Lakes to Port Adelaide bus service?

#5 Post by AG » Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:02 pm

Yep, it would be a smart card system. Those contactless cards have been in use in major Asian cities for years now, and they work like a jem, started off when the MTR in Hong Kong decided to use the system en mass a few years ago.

muzzamo
Legendary Member!

#6 Post by muzzamo » Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:13 pm

norman are they actually trailing one now or is it more in a pre-investigation type phase? I havent heard of any trial.

I guess we are laughing in Adelaide because what we purchase is likely to be a proven technology, not cutting edge as it was several years ago.

Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member

#7 Post by Norman » Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:42 pm

muzzamo wrote:norman are they actually trailing one now or is it more in a pre-investigation type phase? I havent heard of any trial.

I guess we are laughing in Adelaide because what we purchase is likely to be a proven technology, not cutting edge as it was several years ago.
Apparently they are trialling the systems in Nextley near the police station on Bus #1212 (Scania L94 UB O-Bahn). I've seen it stationed there a few times. It's an interal trial I guess, and they are trying several new systems.

jk1237
Donating Member
Donating Member

#8 Post by jk1237 » Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:06 pm

Cruise wrote:just curious, is there a Mawson lakes to Port Adelaide bus service? i can't seem to find one.

maybe a good idea, would you run it along the Port River expressway to make it quick, or via Grand Junc Rd all stops. Adelaide doesnt have many cross-suburban bus routes.

Cruise
Banned
Banned

#9 Post by Cruise » Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:07 am

jk1237 wrote:

maybe a good idea, would you run it along the Port River expressway to make it quick, or via Grand Junc Rd all stops. Adelaide doesnt have many cross-suburban bus routes.
Grand Junction Road i would run it down, and if demand is great enough we could use the now useless rosewater loop as a train service :D