place for a stadium?

Ideas and concepts of what Adelaide can be.
Hooligan
Legendary Member!

place for a stadium?

#1 Post by Hooligan » Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:01 am

Now we all love the stadium debate so i thought i'd throw my hat into the ring.

With MS Paint skills second only to Mr. Omi here is my snazzy plan.

So i reckon leave Adelaide Oval to cricket, lets face it any attempt to upgrade it will be half-arsed and build a new stadium with rectractable seating similar to docklands possibly minus the roof to save money.

Does Adelaide uni own this land?

Code: Select all

Signature removed 

Wayno
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: place for a stadium?

#2 Post by Wayno » Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:20 am

We have a 'Crane Counter' thread, perhaps we need a 'Stadium Thread Counter' thread too?
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

jk1237
Donating Member
Donating Member

#3 Post by jk1237 » Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:20 am

I think it should be located next to major public transport nodes such as the west parklands near the Mile End railway station

Hooligan
Legendary Member!

#4 Post by Hooligan » Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:23 am

Wayno wrote:We have a 'Crane Counter' thread, perhaps we need a 'Stadium Thread Counter' thread too?
All the cool kids were doing it, so i thought i would join in

Code: Select all

Signature removed 

AtD
VIP Member
VIP Member

#5 Post by AtD » Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:41 am

Wayno wrote:We have a 'Crane Counter' thread, perhaps we need a 'Stadium Thread Counter' thread too?
You're right. We don't have nearly enough threads about stadiums.

Aidan
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#6 Post by Aidan » Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:15 am

Hooligan wrote:Now we all love the stadium debate so i thought i'd throw my hat into the ring.

With MS Paint skills second only to Mr. Omi here is my snazzy plan.

So you'd want many parklands sports pitches replaced with a single one that's inaccessible to the public? That looks like a retrograde step to me, even before you consider that it's not in a particularly good location.
So i reckon leave Adelaide Oval to cricket, lets face it any attempt to upgrade it will be half-arsed and build a new stadium with rectractable seating similar to docklands possibly minus the roof to save money.
It would be a useless duplication of facilities. A complete waste of money. Anyway, what makes you think an upgrade of Adelaide Oval would be half arsed? Previous ones haven't been, despite the failure of the original telescopic floodlights. And from the reports we've had about the plans for the next upgrade, I can't see what grounds you have to dismiss it.
Just build it wrote:Bye Union Hall. I'll see you in another life, when we are both cats.

Shuz
Banned
Banned

#7 Post by Shuz » Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:10 am

Aidan, but you see the trouble is. All we know of the Adelaide Oval upgrade is just that - "reports". Reports of SACA, SANFL and AFL bitching endlessly about the other over a few margaritas under the dim light of a plastic table and chairs setting. Reports that "someone said something, so that must mean it will happen." But really, all they just meant was that "that guy over there is calling the shots" and then pointing at blanks.

adam_stuckey
High Rise Poster!

#8 Post by adam_stuckey » Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:03 am

I wonder what the chances are that someone will come along a buy out Port Power from the SANFL and move them to Adelaide Oval? I heard Gordon Pickard is helping them out finanically.

Also these one person no one has asked about AFL at Adelaide Oval who i think is more important than anyone...Les Burndett, i'd love to know what he thinks about AFL players running all over his beloved cricket pitches! :lol:
To try to put it in some sort of perspective the World Cup is as big as having 2 grand finals a day for a month

rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)

#9 Post by rev » Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:26 pm

Aussie rules players do run on his beloved cricket pitches during SANFL games at AO.

adam_stuckey
High Rise Poster!

#10 Post by adam_stuckey » Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:34 pm

To try to put it in some sort of perspective the World Cup is as big as having 2 grand finals a day for a month