Is Adelaide ever going to have Highway or Tunnel?

Ideas and concepts of what Adelaide can be.
Nathan
Super Size Scraper Poster!

Re: Is Adelaide ever going to have Highway or Tunnel?

#16 Post by Nathan » Wed May 15, 2013 12:10 pm

[Shuz] wrote:
dsriggs wrote:Not gonna find much support for MATS around here, methinks.
Wrong.

I support the MATS Plan for the most part.

Key notable elements according to the map on the Wikipedia page which I don't support:
The Port Freeway, Glenelg Expressway, Hills Freeway, Modbury Rapid Bus Transit and Tonsley Rapid Bus Transit.

Everything else, IMO should be built (if it hasn't already been in some form).
So you think the North Adelaide Connector & Hindmarsh Interchange should have been built???

[Shuz]
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#17 Post by [Shuz] » Wed May 15, 2013 12:14 pm

I don't support the need for the Port Freeway, hence no need for the Hindmarsh Interchange.

The North Adelaide Connector should be built (as a tunnel) to link the North-South Corridor with the Modbury Freeway.
Any views and opinions expressed are of my own, and do not reflect the views or opinions of any organisation of which I have an affiliation with.

Vormund
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#18 Post by Vormund » Thu May 16, 2013 4:13 pm

Wiping out pretty much the whole suburb of Hindmarsh would have been too much IMO.

The main part that should have been started (and which we are seeing bits of) is a North-South freeway...especially considering Adelaide's geographical layout

rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)

#19 Post by rev » Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:20 pm

You're all going soft I think.
We need a new MATS plan that will guarantee pushing all our "enemies" off the edge for good. The NIMBY's in general, the North Adelaide residents, the Parkland/Tree weirdos.

Freeways, Motorways, Tunnels...best of all, it encircles North Adelaide.
Conveniently, everything encircling North Adelaide, also acts as an escape route for them..to straight out of Adelaide.

Cost should not be an issue when it comes to saving our fair city from these maniacs.
Note to Advertiser staff trolling the Internet for their latest article, feel free to use my image without giving me or the site credit to put pressure on governments to do this!!!!
And don't forget from the Gepps Cross intersection thread, we plonk a giant roundabout in the middle!!!!