Future Adelaide

Ideas and concepts of what Adelaide can be.
Brazer
Sen-Rookie-Sational

Future Adelaide

#1 Post by Brazer » Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:17 pm

What are your predictions of things that are coming to Adelaide. It can be retail, fast food, infrastructure.... Whatever you want to predict. Will be interesting to see if any of our predictions Come into fruition...

We already know costco, aldi, krispy kremes and a Jamie Oliver restaurant are on their way, I predict a Masters store is not far off, as well as a H&M

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

Re: Future Adelaide

#2 Post by crawf » Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:28 am

I predict by the end of this decade, all the railway lines will be electrified (except Belair). While next decade there will be serious discussion towards an underground city loop, Belair line electrification and an extension to Aldinga.

Or maybe that's just wishful thinking :P

ml69
Legendary Member!

#3 Post by ml69 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:36 am

crawf wrote:I predict by the end of this decade, all the railway lines will be electrified (except Belair). While next decade there will be serious discussion towards an underground city loop, Belair line electrification and an extension to Aldinga.

Or maybe that's just wishful thinking :P
1. I'd add completion of a city tram loop esrly next decade.

2. South Rd trench at Darlington completed early in the 2020's. Possibly the Torrens Rd to Regency Rd section and River Torrens to Anzac Hwy section by the end of the 2020's.

3. Adelaide people will still be whinging about everything despite our significant progress over the past couple of decades. :?

[Shuz]
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#4 Post by [Shuz] » Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:47 am

My crystal ball tells me;

Zara will close up shop at Burnside and relocate to the CBD.

The gumtree at Burnside will finally be cut down.

And as much as I would love to see a tram loop in the CBD as well, but from what I understand the cost-benefit ratio of the project at the moment is actually in negative figures. I think we will likely see the North Adelaide tram line down O'Connell get up first before the city loop.

We will have a Liberal State Government come March 2014.
Any views and opinions expressed are of my own, and do not reflect the views or opinions of any organisation of which I have an affiliation with.

DaveAdl
Gold-Member ;)

#5 Post by DaveAdl » Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:35 pm

[quote="[Shuz]"]My crystal ball tells me;

Prediction 1 down

rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)

#6 Post by rev » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:36 pm

[quote="DaveAdl"][quote="[Shuz]"]My crystal ball tells me;

Hardly a prediction, the tree was stuffed quite a while ago, was inevitable that it would be removed.

Here's a prediction of the inevitable based on what's slowly starting to happen already.
Adelaide's CBD wont grow taller, but it will 'fill out'.

I'll put my crystal ball away before I get into trouble for being too obvious with it.