Cross Keys Highway

Ideas and concepts of what Adelaide can be.
Eurostar
Legendary Member!

Cross Keys Highway

#1 Post by Eurostar » Sun May 11, 2014 10:47 am

I am proposing a Cross Keys Highway, it'll start from Philip Highway, cross Little Para River at Salisbury Park connecting up with Saints Road extension then following the existing Fenden Road/Cross Keys Road to Parafield Airport, it'll then either go around the airport on the eastern side then connect up to Elder Smith Road or tunnel under the airport.

* Dual Lane between Philip Highway and existing Fenden Road, dual lanes along existing Cross Keys Road and the rest

* New traffic lights at Cross Keys Highway/Saints Road intersections

* Roundabouts at Ponton Street, Park Terrace, Frost Road replaced with traffic lights

Minor roads will be changed to left turns only

Aidan
Super Size Scraper Poster!

Re: Cross Keys Highway

#2 Post by Aidan » Sun May 11, 2014 11:42 am

For what purpose? What is so inadequate about Main North Road and Salisbury Highway?
Just build it wrote:Bye Union Hall. I'll see you in another life, when we are both cats.

Eurostar
Legendary Member!

#3 Post by Eurostar » Sun May 11, 2014 2:55 pm

Aidan wrote:For what purpose? What is so inadequate about Main North Road and Salisbury Highway?
1) It will take pressure off Main North Road and Salisbury Highway

2) Speed up travel times because of less traffic lights (than Salisbury Highway)

3) Reduce heavy vehicle movements near children's education facilities i.e. Salisbury High School, Thomas Moore College, Parafield Gardens Schools, Karrendi Primary School, Salisbury East High School and Para Hills High School

4) Allows trucks to avoid Commercial Road especially in the town centre

Aidan

#4 Post by Aidan » Sun May 11, 2014 3:41 pm

Eurostar wrote:
Aidan wrote:For what purpose? What is so inadequate about Main North Road and Salisbury Highway?

2) Speed up travel times because of less traffic lights (than Salisbury Highway)
Grade separating intersections on Main North Road would be a better way of achieving those objectives.
3) Reduce heavy vehicle movements near children's education facilities i.e. Salisbury High School, Thomas Moore College, Parafield Gardens Schools, Karrendi Primary School, Salisbury East High School and Para Hills High School
You really seem to be clutching at straws here - those schools aren't particularly near the main roads, and in some cases Cross Keys Road isn't much further away!
This objective was achieved over twenty years ago by extending Salisbury Highway under the railway.
Just build it wrote:Bye Union Hall. I'll see you in another life, when we are both cats.

Eurostar
Legendary Member!

#5 Post by Eurostar » Sun May 11, 2014 7:27 pm

Aidan wrote:
Eurostar wrote:

Grade separating intersections on Main North Road would be a better way of achieving those objectives.
You really seem to be clutching at straws here - those schools aren't particularly near the main roads, and in some cases Cross Keys Road isn't much further away!
This objective was achieved over twenty years ago by extending Salisbury Highway under the railway.
You sound like the opposition premier, any proposal gets a no from you unless its your own.

Aidan

#6 Post by Aidan » Sun May 11, 2014 9:05 pm

Eurostar wrote: You sound like the opposition premier,
The state opposition leader? He's not so willing to explain the reasons for his decisions.
any proposal gets a no from you unless its your own.
That's because when I find a proposal that's better than my own, I treat it as my own.

But yours was not a good proposal. It was of limited use (going no further than Mawson Lakes), of low benefit even to its users, disruptive for Salisbury Park and Elizabeth Vale residents, and extremely expensive.