Footbridges

Ideas and concepts of what Adelaide can be.
Eurostar
Legendary Member!

Footbridges

#1 Post by Eurostar » Sun May 11, 2014 3:08 pm

I propose footbridges at:

1 ) Sefton Park (between Northpark Shops and Sefton Plaza Shops

2 ) Gepps Cross (between the hotel and car yard)

3 ) Gepps Cross North (between Go Kart place and the home display centre)

4 ) Mawson Lakes (between Technology Park and Montague Farm)

5 ) Parafield (between Bunnings complex and the caryard)

6 ) Salisbury East (between Peter Engels and the school)

7 ) Fremont (between Elizabeth City Centre and Fremont Park)

8 ) Smithfield (between Maccas and Medical Centre)

Aidan
Super Size Scraper Poster!

Re: Footbridges

#2 Post by Aidan » Sun May 11, 2014 3:43 pm

Is that instead of or as well as the crossings?
Just build it wrote:Bye Union Hall. I'll see you in another life, when we are both cats.

neoballmon
Legendary Member!

#3 Post by neoballmon » Sun May 11, 2014 8:55 pm

Sefton Park definitely needs something done. Any time I've stopped at those lights for pedestrians, there's already a group of people waiting for the next cycle before the lights even go green. Plenty of room for this assuming both complexes were willing to lose a few carparks for the stairs. A few more if they opt for ramps.

How high does a bridge have to be above the road on a major arterial anyway? 4 metres?

I'm not familiar enough with pedestrian movements at any of your other locations, but the corner of the pub at Gepps Cross would not be capable of accommodating 2 sets of stairs if both your bridges are made. One would be a stretch. Car yard to Go Karts could work though, thus cutting out 2 waiting cycles. But now central support would be needed, and there's nowhere for this. Underground?

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk
Looking forward to a free-flowing Adelaide!

Eurostar
Legendary Member!

#4 Post by Eurostar » Sun May 11, 2014 10:53 pm

neoballmon wrote:Sefton Park definitely needs something done. Any time I've stopped at those lights for pedestrians, there's already a group of people waiting for the next cycle before the lights even go green. Plenty of room for this assuming both complexes were willing to lose a few carparks for the stairs. A few more if they opt for ramps.

How high does a bridge have to be above the road on a major arterial anyway? 4 metres?

I'm not familiar enough with pedestrian movements at any of your other locations, but the corner of the pub at Gepps Cross would not be capable of accommodating 2 sets of stairs if both your bridges are made. One would be a stretch. Car yard to Go Karts could work though, thus cutting out 2 waiting cycles. But now central support would be needed, and there's nowhere for this. Underground?

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk
For the footbridges north of Gepps Cross I was thinking a similiar overpass to the existing one at Salisbury Park. Whereas the Sefton Park and Gepps Cross one a underpass could work in these spots, during the daytime there are plenty of people around so getting mugged etc shouldn't be a problem , at night time they should either be patroled or locked at night.

Students would benefit from footbridges at Parafield and Salisbury East but also other locals.

rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)

#5 Post by rev » Tue May 20, 2014 8:30 am

Eurostar wrote: 8 ) Smithfield (between Maccas and Medical Centre)
So the regulars at Maccas can have a quick trip to the emergency room in case they feel a heart attack coming on? :wink:

Eurostar
Legendary Member!

#6 Post by Eurostar » Wed May 28, 2014 10:48 pm

rev wrote:
Eurostar wrote: 8 ) Smithfield (between Maccas and Medical Centre)
So the regulars at Maccas can have a quick trip to the emergency room in case they feel a heart attack coming on? :wink:
:P maybe
Its so pedestrians can cross Main North Road safely.

As well as on Main North Road id also like to see footbridges on South Road/Main South Road at:
- Castle Plaza area
- Tonsley
- Flinders Medical Centre
- Reynella near fast food junction