Why not a Vegas style river fountain show?

Ideas and concepts of what Adelaide can be.
monotonehell
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: Why not a Vegas style river fountain show?

#16 Post by monotonehell » Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:55 pm

claybro wrote:So I am a little perplexed by this? There is an existing fountain in the middle of the river now? It squirts water some 20 odd meters into the air using pumps? Just make the current fountain configuration a little more interesting...add some lights? Surely there is a solution. :?:
You could add changing lights to a continuous flow fountain (isn't that already there?) Continuous flow pumps + filters are fine with particulates. It's the misting jets and variable flow jets that need somewhat "clean" water to function without clogging failure. I'm talking about the Disney California / Bellagio / Burj kinds of light and water shows which is what the thread started with. The OP was calling for something that would draw crowds. Those kind of shows also need daily maintenance.
Exit on the right in the direction of travel.

rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)

#17 Post by rev » Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:09 pm

claybro wrote:So I am a little perplexed by this? There is an existing fountain in the middle of the river now? It squirts water some 20 odd meters into the air using pumps? Just make the current fountain configuration a little more interesting...add some lights? Surely there is a solution. :?:
Compare this...

To this...Vegas and Dubai fountains

Still perplexed? :mrgreen:

claybro
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#18 Post by claybro » Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:50 pm

Rev, I wasn't saying i was perplexed by the concept in general, just perplexed that the water quality would not sustain water fountains when there is already on the river there. Re Monotone's explaination- fine jets etc....I do understand that large particles in our filthy mud lake would present problems, and a Las Dubai style show might night be possible- but surely something halfway attractive could be done utilising the larger jets, gas flares, lighting, music etc. Lets put a light show on the Festival Theatre roof while we're at it.

Wayno
VIP Member
VIP Member

#19 Post by Wayno » Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:47 pm

re particulates, blah. Don't use River Torrens water. Use water recycled from the glenelg treatment plant, or regular tap water. No one will know...
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

Benm16
Gold-Member ;)

#20 Post by Benm16 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:10 pm

I think this is a brilliant idea. Imagine travelling across the footbridge at night after a football game and seeing this amazing water fire and light show. This would really impress any visitors coming to adelaide which would hopefully promote them to visit again.
I think adding lights to the edges of all tall buildings in adelaide which would change every so often would also make our city appear much prettier at night. Imagine standing at Victoria square and seeing a light show on our entire skyline