Coopers Stadium expansion

Ideas and concepts of what Adelaide can be.
Post Reply
Message
Author
User avatar
madelaide
Sen-Rookie-Sational
Posts: 28
Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:13 pm
Has thanked: 55 times
Been thanked: 44 times

Coopers Stadium expansion

#1 Post by madelaide » Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:16 am

A mock-up render of Coopers Stadium's immediate potential to become a 24,000 + venue, by moving the venue south. Dismantle the southern stand and reconstruct 20 metres south; lift the northern third of grass and patch it in south of the southern third; extend the western and eastern grandstands with matching roofing; dismantle the northern stand and reconstruct 20 metres south; fill the corners in with seating; upgrade the famous snakepit bar to sit on the north west corner post for maximum ruckus; stick some lights in; throw another big screen above the southern stand; add a southern entrance and staff carpark; bring back the western stand's curry joint from a couple of years ago; and kick a few wins with a cold Coopers... should just about do it for now.
Attachments
COOPERS STADIUM HINDMARSH 2016.jpg
COOPERS STADIUM HINDMARSH 2016.jpg (461.02 KiB) Viewed 7211 times
COOPERS STADIUM HINDMARSH.jpg
COOPERS STADIUM HINDMARSH.jpg (469.6 KiB) Viewed 7211 times

User avatar
ChillyPhilly
Legendary Member!
Posts: 1337
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:35 pm
Location: Adder-Laid, South Australia.
Has thanked: 252 times
Been thanked: 287 times
Contact:

Re: Memorial Drive upgrade

#2 Post by ChillyPhilly » Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:58 am

Awesome!
Our state, our city, our future.

All views expressed on this forum are my own.

User avatar
rhino
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 2893
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2005 4:37 pm
Location: Nairne
Has thanked: 43 times
Been thanked: 99 times

Re: Memorial Drive upgrade

#3 Post by rhino » Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:23 am

It would be interesting to see a cost analysis of actually achieving this.
cheers,
Rhino

rev
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 3790
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:14 pm
Has thanked: 224 times
Been thanked: 332 times

Re: Coopers Stadium expansion

#4 Post by rev » Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:47 pm

Isn't there a historical/heritage listed church or building behind the southern stand?

User avatar
Vee
Legendary Member!
Posts: 1105
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:26 pm
Location: Eastern Suburbs
Has thanked: 144 times
Been thanked: 39 times

Re: Coopers Stadium expansion

#5 Post by Vee » Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:48 am

rev wrote:Isn't there a historical/heritage listed church or building behind the southern stand?
Chapel Lane historical 1882 Congregational church heritage building - now used as recording studios.

http://chapel-lane-studios.com.au/

bits
Legendary Member!
Posts: 549
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:24 pm
Has thanked: 24 times
Been thanked: 98 times

Re: Coopers Stadium expansion

#6 Post by bits » Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:39 pm

rev wrote:Isn't there a historical/heritage listed church or building behind the southern stand?
It is a nice building and fairly old but surely it should not prevent something like this imagination idea.
Is an old building down a laneway really worth more to us than the cultural and economic benefits from an improved stadium?

rev
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 3790
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:14 pm
Has thanked: 224 times
Been thanked: 332 times

Re: Coopers Stadium expansion

#7 Post by rev » Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:11 pm

bits wrote:
rev wrote:Isn't there a historical/heritage listed church or building behind the southern stand?
It is a nice building and fairly old but surely it should not prevent something like this imagination idea.
Is an old building down a laneway really worth more to us than the cultural and economic benefits from an improved stadium?
The last expansion was done to accommodate the historical building behind it.
In any case, the clubs vision to build a city stadium is what people should get behind. Not an expansion of Hindmarsh. Hindmarsh has limited space.
The only way it would really work for a proper expansion that was unhindered, would be to buy up every property on that block, demolish everything(including the current stadium) and start from scratch.

User avatar
fishinajar
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 275
Joined: Mon May 12, 2008 12:23 pm
Location: Adelaide
Has thanked: 197 times
Been thanked: 17 times

Re: Coopers Stadium expansion

#8 Post by fishinajar » Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:53 am

rev wrote:...In any case, the clubs vision to build a city stadium is what people should get behind. Not an expansion of Hindmarsh. Hindmarsh has limited space.
The only way it would really work for a proper expansion that was unhindered, would be to buy up every property on that block, demolish everything(including the current stadium) and start from scratch.
Has there been any proposals for a city stadium? What sites have been proposed or would be appropriate?

Hooligan
Legendary Member!
Posts: 819
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:03 pm
Has thanked: 16 times
Been thanked: 18 times

Re: Coopers Stadium expansion

#9 Post by Hooligan » Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:35 pm

fishinajar wrote:
rev wrote:...In any case, the clubs vision to build a city stadium is what people should get behind. Not an expansion of Hindmarsh. Hindmarsh has limited space.
The only way it would really work for a proper expansion that was unhindered, would be to buy up every property on that block, demolish everything(including the current stadium) and start from scratch.
Has there been any proposals for a city stadium? What sites have been proposed or would be appropriate?
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/foo ... f9161559c4

Not sure about building it on the golf course though...

Code: Select all

Signature removed 

User avatar
fishinajar
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 275
Joined: Mon May 12, 2008 12:23 pm
Location: Adelaide
Has thanked: 197 times
Been thanked: 17 times

Re: Coopers Stadium expansion

#10 Post by fishinajar » Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:38 pm

Hooligan wrote:
fishinajar wrote:Has there been any proposals for a city stadium? What sites have been proposed or would be appropriate?
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/foo ... f9161559c4
Not sure about building it on the golf course though...
Cheers Hooligan, couldn't pass the pay wall though. Found "Plans for new multipurpose rectangular stadium soon to be with State Government" dated 10 Dec 2016. Sounds like its just Adelaide United sent state government the plans for the new Sydney Stadium. Trouble is rugby is much bigger there than here, meaning you have two big sports to pay for a bigger stadium. We do not have that here, though a better stadium might help grow the sport here.

As for building on golf course west of Montefiore Rd, why not? Riverbank Sports Precinct anyone? Bring it on!

rev
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 3790
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:14 pm
Has thanked: 224 times
Been thanked: 332 times

Re: Coopers Stadium expansion

#11 Post by rev » Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:06 am

fishinajar wrote:
Hooligan wrote:
fishinajar wrote:Has there been any proposals for a city stadium? What sites have been proposed or would be appropriate?
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/foo ... f9161559c4
Not sure about building it on the golf course though...
Cheers Hooligan, couldn't pass the pay wall though. Found "Plans for new multipurpose rectangular stadium soon to be with State Government" dated 10 Dec 2016. Sounds like its just Adelaide United sent state government the plans for the new Sydney Stadium. Trouble is rugby is much bigger there than here, meaning you have two big sports to pay for a bigger stadium. We do not have that here, though a better stadium might help grow the sport here.

As for building on golf course west of Montefiore Rd, why not? Riverbank Sports Precinct anyone? Bring it on!
Doesn't sound like they sent anyone any plans back in December..

“Once we’ve got something (plans) which can be shown, we’ll meet with government and with the city council, the Premier and the Leader of the Opposition.

Image

If that's what it's going to look like, as Adelaide United boss says, then that's ugly as all levels of hell.
Is that the best they can come up with in the 21st century for that amount of money? What a let down.
Hopefully what ever is proposed for Adelaide United is leaps and bounds ahead in design terms.

Hooligan
Legendary Member!
Posts: 819
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:03 pm
Has thanked: 16 times
Been thanked: 18 times

Re: Coopers Stadium expansion

#12 Post by Hooligan » Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:28 am

fishinajar wrote: Cheers Hooligan, couldn't pass the pay wall though. Found "Plans for new multipurpose rectangular stadium soon to be with State Government" dated 10 Dec 2016. Sounds like its just Adelaide United sent state government the plans for the new Sydney Stadium. Trouble is rugby is much bigger there than here, meaning you have two big sports to pay for a bigger stadium. We do not have that here, though a better stadium might help grow the sport here.

As for building on golf course west of Montefiore Rd, why not?
Riverbank Sports Precinct anyone? Bring it on!
Because I like that golf course. I have no other reason to be against building it on the golf course haha.

Code: Select all

Signature removed 

User avatar
fishinajar
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 275
Joined: Mon May 12, 2008 12:23 pm
Location: Adelaide
Has thanked: 197 times
Been thanked: 17 times

Re: Coopers Stadium expansion

#13 Post by fishinajar » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:03 am

Hooligan wrote:
fishinajar wrote: Cheers Hooligan, couldn't pass the pay wall though. Found "Plans for new multipurpose rectangular stadium soon to be with State Government" dated 10 Dec 2016. Sounds like its just Adelaide United sent state government the plans for the new Sydney Stadium. Trouble is rugby is much bigger there than here, meaning you have two big sports to pay for a bigger stadium. We do not have that here, though a better stadium might help grow the sport here.

As for building on golf course west of Montefiore Rd, why not?
Riverbank Sports Precinct anyone? Bring it on!
Because I like that golf course. I have no other reason to be against building it on the golf course haha.
So...NIMGC (not in my golf course)? :lol:
Love the honesty.

MelBrandle
Sen-Rookie-Sational
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:30 pm
Location: Golden Grove
Been thanked: 1 time
Contact:

Re: Coopers Stadium expansion

#14 Post by MelBrandle » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:29 pm

It does seem feasible and even the food and parking ideas seem realistic already at this very moment in time. Nevertheless, a lot of finances would definitely be involved as both public and private properties will need to be demolished to make way for your workable suggestion.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests