Massive self sustaining LED display in China

Discussion on developments interstate and overseas.
Howie
VIP Member
VIP Member

Massive self sustaining LED display in China

#1 Post by Howie » Mon May 05, 2008 1:35 pm

http://www.engadget.com/2008/05/04/gree ... -in-china/

A company called GreenPix has created an astounding combination of sustainable technology and digital media virtuosity, dubbed the Zero Energy Media Wall. The system features the world's largest (so they claim) color LED display, powered completely by photovoltaic cells which are integrated into the glass curtain. During the day, the wall -- located on the Xicui entertainment complex in Beijing -- harvests solar energy, then expends the charge at night in a display of undulating colors. The system goes on display this month, but if you can't make it to China, you can watch a video of the work in action after the break.

monotonehell
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: Massive self sustaining LED display in China

#2 Post by monotonehell » Mon May 05, 2008 6:24 pm

I want one ;)

Maybe after the Lantern goes up the owners of the Target/Centrepoint car park will get jealous and install one of these. *cough*unlikely*cough* ;)
Exit on the right in the direction of travel.

Omicron
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#3 Post by Omicron » Mon May 05, 2008 10:56 pm

Shuz
Banned
Banned

#4 Post by Shuz » Tue May 06, 2008 9:42 am

I set up my own Rundle convergence in my backyard the other day... Just got the fairy lights out from Christmas time and spread them out across the beams of the pergola so it looks like a night sky of stars (fairy lights) :D

The LED thing looks awesome. Although I wouldnt like it everywhere, but yeah, definetly should come to town for something. Maybe they should cover the panels over Hilton and SGIC as a feature statement of Vic Sq....