Car Parking

Discussion on developments interstate and overseas.
Wayno
VIP Member
VIP Member

Car Parking

#1 Post by Wayno » Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:01 pm

Introducing the Wohr MultiParker 703 in Budapest ==> http://www.woehr.de/en/projekte/budapest_m730/index.htm. Imagine this under VSQ! lol
multiparker.JPG
multiparker.JPG (41.69 KiB) Viewed 2258 times
And a similar carpark operation in Hoboken, New Jersey, this time the cars were imprisoned due to a contract dispute ==> http://www.wired.com/cars/coolwheels/news/2006/08/71554 :lol:
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

monotonehell
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: Car Parking

#2 Post by monotonehell » Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:41 am

... De ez nem az én autóm!
I love the woman's attitude in the demonstration video.

The Hoboken situation is precious.
Council:"Hey were not going to pay your licensing fees no more and here's the cops to evict you!"
Carpark operators:"Well that's fine, have fun getting the carpark to work without software..."

The only problem with these automated systems is they are as SLOW as ... there's no way they could accommodate as many entries and exits that a CBD rush period carpark sees in the morning and afternoon. A normal two lane entry sees around six cars a minute, while these systems quote 40 cars an hour for 10 bays (that's 2/3rds of a car a minute if I read that correctly). There would be queues of cars for blocks in the morning and queues of people in the afternoon.
Exit on the right in the direction of travel.

Aidan
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#3 Post by Aidan » Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:24 am

monotonehell wrote:The only problem with these automated systems is they are as SLOW as ... there's no way they could accommodate as many entries and exits that a CBD rush period carpark sees in the morning and afternoon. A normal two lane entry sees around six cars a minute, while these systems quote 40 cars an hour for 10 bays (that's 2/3rds of a car a minute if I read that correctly). There would be queues of cars for blocks in the morning and queues of people in the afternoon.
It's not for ten bays, it's times ten lifts! If you want it to handle 60 cars per hour, just install fifteen lifts.
Just build it wrote:Bye Union Hall. I'll see you in another life, when we are both cats.

monotonehell
VIP Member
VIP Member

#4 Post by monotonehell » Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:31 pm

Aidan wrote:
monotonehell wrote:The only problem with these automated systems is they are as SLOW as ... there's no way they could accommodate as many entries and exits that a CBD rush period carpark sees in the morning and afternoon. A normal two lane entry sees around six cars a minute, while these systems quote 40 cars an hour for 10 bays (that's 2/3rds of a car a minute if I read that correctly). There would be queues of cars for blocks in the morning and queues of people in the afternoon.
It's not for ten bays, it's times ten lifts! If you want it to handle 60 cars per hour, just install fifteen lifts.
LOL So it's even slower than I thought?
Exit on the right in the direction of travel.

Aidan
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#5 Post by Aidan » Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:50 pm

monotonehell wrote:
Aidan wrote:If you want it to handle 60 cars per hour, just install fifteen lifts.
LOL So it's even slower than I thought?
Sorry about the typo. If you want it to handle 600 cars per hour, just install fifteen lifts.
Just build it wrote:Bye Union Hall. I'll see you in another life, when we are both cats.