Splash Adelaide

All event related discussion should go here.. e.g. Clipsal 500, Womadelaide, SALA, etc.
Nathan
Super Size Scraper Poster!

Splash Adelaide

#1 Post by Nathan » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:07 pm

I realised we don't have a thread for the various Splash Adelaide events and pop-ups, so thought I'd start one up.

Went to the second Fork on the Road today in Hindmarsh Square and it was great. 25 or so vans/stalls and a LOT of people around. Some of the usual culprits (Burger Theory, Chimichurri) had massive lines. We talk about activating the squares and making them more useful then glorified traffic islands, and that's exactly what events like this do. It proves that people here *will* go to the squares if there's a good reason too.

http://www.nathanadams.net/shoebox/fotr.jpg (view the full image, as it's a panoramic)

SRW
Donating Member
Donating Member

Re: Splash Adelaide

#2 Post by SRW » Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:16 pm

I went along today as well and it was marvellous! Perfect weather, great food and happy vibe.

We talk a lot about how Victoria Square should be unified, but I think Hindmarsh Square (the part between Pirie and Grenfell) would probably benefit as much or more. Routing Pultney Street around the edges would allow the Square to reach its full potential as a popular public space.
Keep Adelaide Weird

Waewick

#3 Post by Waewick » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:01 am

has anyone attended the night markets on Sunday evenings?

http://splashadelaide.com.au/project/ad ... ht-market/

I went along for the first time, really enjoyable - hopefully will grow as it was limited to a number of food outlets with a couple of clothes/Jewellery places selling their wares.

but the idea and location is great real family appeal (well despite the rather major roadway, but I'm nit picking)

monotonehell
VIP Member
VIP Member

#4 Post by monotonehell » Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:57 pm

Waewick wrote:has anyone attended the night markets on Sunday evenings?

http://splashadelaide.com.au/project/ad ... ht-market/

I went along for the first time, really enjoyable - hopefully will grow as it was limited to a number of food outlets with a couple of clothes/Jewellery places selling their wares.

but the idea and location is great real family appeal (well despite the rather major roadway, but I'm nit picking)
I went there last night. Seems to be the same vendors who do the Friday evening market off Rundle Street, occupying Ebenezer Place.
Exit on the right in the direction of travel.

Waewick

#5 Post by Waewick » Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:26 pm

monotonehell wrote:I went there last night. Seems to be the same vendors who do the Friday evening market off Rundle Street, occupying Ebenezer Place.
I haven't been to that one.

I guess it is a start and it is probably a different market too, but still given the weather, it appears to be a good idea.