Adelaide Oval news and events

All event related discussion should go here.. e.g. Clipsal 500, Womadelaide, SALA, etc.
rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)

Re: Adelaide Oval Redevelopment

#181 Post by rev » Mon May 23, 2016 3:37 am

claybro wrote:Just a minor gripe, but why is it that games broadcast from MCG or EThiad always they cut away to shots of the stadium with the melboune skyline in background, but games at AO, do not seem to show any. I know flying in, AO looks spectacular against the CBD at night, surely there are aerial shots available from a chopper, or the top of the apartments in North Adelaide? There is a huge interstate audience watching these games.
Really? 1) that you think it looks spectacular against the cbd skyline as a backdrop and 2) that you are even questioning why.

What's there to show? An ugly skyline that's barely changed in 30 years?

Will
VIP Member
VIP Member

#182 Post by Will » Tue May 24, 2016 7:48 pm

rev wrote:
claybro wrote:Just a minor gripe, but why is it that games broadcast from MCG or EThiad always they cut away to shots of the stadium with the melboune skyline in background, but games at AO, do not seem to show any. I know flying in, AO looks spectacular against the CBD at night, surely there are aerial shots available from a chopper, or the top of the apartments in North Adelaide? There is a huge interstate audience watching these games.
Really? 1) that you think it looks spectacular against the cbd skyline as a backdrop and 2) that you are even questioning why.

Keep up that great SA attitude!

:wallbash:

rhino
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#183 Post by rhino » Wed May 25, 2016 3:45 pm

rev wrote:What's there to show? An ugly skyline that's barely changed in 30 years?
Check out the picture Bits posted over here:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5162&p=144325#p144325
cheers,
Rhino

claybro

#184 Post by claybro » Wed May 25, 2016 4:23 pm

Rev, I do agree with you that the Adelaide skyline is particularly un-inspiring during the day. But at night, particularly viewed from the air, with the lights on both sides of the river, it looks a good as any other CBD when viewed on TV. Ok its not in your face spectacular, but from the right angles it looks great, and would advertise the proximity of the stadium to the CBD, which is what people from interstate that have been there, absolutely rave about, even more so than the oval itself.

rev

#185 Post by rev » Wed May 25, 2016 5:00 pm

Will wrote:
rev wrote:

Keep up that great SA attitude!

:wallbash:
Just because I'm critical of the dated skyline, doesn't mean I don't see the positives in our state and city.

rev

#186 Post by rev » Wed May 25, 2016 5:08 pm

rhino wrote:
rev wrote:What's there to show? An ugly skyline that's barely changed in 30 years?
Check out the picture Bits posted over here:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5162&p=144325#p144325
There's nothing inspirational or worth showing on national television in that photo.
It's a nice photo and all though.

ghs

#187 Post by ghs » Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:21 am

Guns and Roses just announced for next year - Sat Feb 18

Brucetiki
Legendary Member!

#188 Post by Brucetiki » Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:23 pm

ghs wrote:Guns and Roses just announced for next year - Sat Feb 18
Given the likely start time of the concert being around midnight, I can't wait for the North Adelaide residents/ACC's reaction to this :lol:

bits
Legendary Member!

#189 Post by bits » Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:19 pm

Brucetiki wrote: Given the likely start time of the concert being around midnight, I can't wait for the North Adelaide residents/ACC's reaction to this Image
Why would a concert start at midnight?
Why would there be any demand for a concert to start at midnight from the act, the audience or the venue?

Likely start time will surely be 9pm-9:30pm and finish before midnight like every other concert like this.

Patrick_27

#190 Post by Patrick_27 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:40 am

bits wrote:
Brucetiki wrote: Given the likely start time of the concert being around midnight, I can't wait for the North Adelaide residents/ACC's reaction to this Image
Why would there be any demand for a concert to start at midnight from the act, the audience or the venue?

Likely start time will surely be 9pm-9:30pm and finish before midnight like every other concert like this.
It was a jab at frontman Axl Rose. He's always excessively late on stage (I think he was an 1.5 hours late last time they were in Adelaide), it's no wonder it took so long for most of the original band to reform, what a nightmare to work with.

Brucetiki
Legendary Member!

#191 Post by Brucetiki » Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:21 pm

bits wrote:

Not a Guns N Roses fan I take it (or you missed the :lol: at the end of my comment :wink: )

Brucetiki
Legendary Member!

#192 Post by Brucetiki » Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:27 pm

Patrick_27 wrote:
bits wrote:

It was a jab at frontman Axl Rose. He's always excessively late on stage (I think he was an 1.5 hours late last time they were in Adelaide), it's no wonder it took so long for most of the original band to reform, what a nightmare to work with.
For their 2007 tour (at the Entertainment Centre), they were scheduled on stage at midnight (several hours after the support act), and they didn't finish until around 2:30am!

ghs

#193 Post by ghs » Thu Aug 18, 2016 3:02 pm

Any predictions on what the attendance would most likely be on Feb 18 ?

Last time GNR were in Adelaide they just played one show at the Entertainment centre.

Brucetiki
Legendary Member!

#194 Post by Brucetiki » Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:25 pm

ghs wrote:Any predictions on what the attendance would most likely be on Feb 18 ?

Last time GNR were in Adelaide they just played one show at the Entertainment centre.
And they haven't sold out any of their recent tours either.

Reckon it'll be pushing 10k at most.

ChillyPhilly

#195 Post by ChillyPhilly » Sat Aug 20, 2016 1:01 am

If promoted well, it'll sell quite strongly. The novelty of concerts at Adelaide Oval is still fresh I think.
Our state, our city, our future.

All views expressed on this forum are my own.