Post Counter

Anything to do with the running of the website. (e.g. Suggestions, bugs, etc)
Edgar
Legendary Member!

Re: Post Counter

#16 Post by Edgar » Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:03 pm

post count indicator should be removed.

title should be reviewed and given only if necessary, not based on posting numbers, as what most of the people here are aiming for.

Of course, those people who have been in this forum long enough would appreciate the quality of postings we have had before.
Visit my website at http://www.edgarchieng.com for more photos of Adelaide and South Australia.

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#17 Post by Ben » Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:16 am

I also think this should be removed as this might keep a lot of the pointless posts out of the forums.

Wayno
VIP Member
VIP Member

#18 Post by Wayno » Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:34 am

Remove the post counter, but keep the "Status" (VIP, Rookie, Legend, etc) and include a definition on the "About Us" page (or somewhere like that) as it's important to know who you are talking with...
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

Will
VIP Member
VIP Member

#19 Post by Will » Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:28 pm

I do not think that removing the post counter will reduce the number of 'irrelevant' posts by a significant number. This is because 'irrelevance' is a very subjective word. Something that may be considered 'irrelevant' by one forum member may be important or significant for another.

Furthermore I find it hard to believe that there would be people out there who would post for the sole purpose of increasing their post count. If there are people like this, my message to you is quite simply; get a life! Seriously, how pathetic, that something so trivial would be so important to you.

AtD
VIP Member
VIP Member

#20 Post by AtD » Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:51 pm

Such people exist on SSC. Now that I can't just delete the spam, I notice it a lot more.

wilkiebarkid
Donating Member
Donating Member

#21 Post by wilkiebarkid » Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:05 pm

BTW I am fully aware that this is adding another post to my count Wilkiebarkid :wank:
Lighten up Pistol, it was quite clearly a lighthearted joke and did not warrant the use of an offensive symbol.

Quite honestly who cares about the post count? Out of approximately 1200 memebers there would be less than 0.1% (i.e 1) trying to increase their posts.

I think you're shooting blanks over this issue, Pistol!