Photo Galleries

Anything to do with the running of the website. (e.g. Suggestions, bugs, etc)
Algernon
Super Size Scraper Poster!

Photo Galleries

#1 Post by Algernon » Tue Jul 19, 2005 12:58 pm

Here's an idea I usually get when browsing construction threads:

Can this site have its own photo gallery section for construction photos?

Sometimes I want to see an earlier photo of a building, but that means searching through a lot of pages to find the pics, and usually they're no longer there because the user deleted the stuff from their webspace. Also sometimes I just want to see a roundup of all the latest photos for the week, but because different threads are updated at different times, I sometimes lose track of which photos are recent and which are not so recent.

Maybe if we had a photo gallery on the site it'd help solve these little niggles. It'd also make a cool weekly roundup post for the frontpage.

petermaloney
High Rise Poster!

#2 Post by petermaloney » Tue Jul 19, 2005 1:30 pm

i have always thought this on ssc i would be happy to organised the picture threads! :lol:

Howie
VIP Member
VIP Member

#3 Post by Howie » Tue Jul 19, 2005 2:00 pm

it's a great idea guys... we actually have a photo gallery that came with the content management system for this website, but it was so buggy i decided against using it. So what i may do, is look out for another gallery software, but then managing it would be job in itself.

I'll definately keep it high on the priority list for future updates to the site... but in the meanwhile if you want me to create a Picture Posting forum, i'll be happy to do that ... we run a similar forum at nissanexa.com.

petermaloney
High Rise Poster!

#4 Post by petermaloney » Tue Jul 19, 2005 11:39 pm

Hey guys if you have any question re: pics send them to me

Pants
VIP Member
VIP Member

#5 Post by Pants » Wed Jul 20, 2005 6:31 am

Please help the mentally challenged, you'll feel better for it...so if I take construction progress pics, I post them in the photo forum rather than the relevant thread in the development forum :?:

petermaloney
High Rise Poster!

#6 Post by petermaloney » Wed Jul 20, 2005 8:08 am

You can post them in the relevant thread.

Howie
VIP Member
VIP Member

#7 Post by Howie » Wed Jul 20, 2005 9:07 am

Pants wrote:Please help the mentally challenged, you'll feel better for it...so if I take construction progress pics, I post them in the photo forum rather than the relevant thread in the development forum :?:
Pants that's a good point you make. Perhaps i can include a description on the forum to hopefully make it clearer. Thanks heaps for bringing that up.

Algernon
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#8 Post by Algernon » Wed Jul 20, 2005 10:47 am

Yeah at the moment these photo threads aren't anything like what I described originally. For it to work in the way I requested would mean that the only replies to the threads should be photos. Nothing Else. All comments, discussion in a construction thread.

As I mentioned earlier, I think we need these photo galleries/threads as simple archives only, leave the discussion to the construction threads.

Howie
VIP Member
VIP Member

#9 Post by Howie » Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:02 am

Yep... very good point. This is only an interim step before I setup a proper web-gallery. Once the web-gallery is up and running, this forum will be pretty much redundant.

petermaloney
High Rise Poster!

#10 Post by petermaloney » Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:43 am

im working on something write now