The Exclusive Brethren

Anything goes here.. :) Now with Beer Garden for our smoking patrons.
Will
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: The Exclusive Brethren

#31 Post by Will » Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:37 pm

bmw boy wrote:you don't think it will happen Will?

The current climate certainly seems to suggest its a possibility. Coincidence or something more, from a book written 2000 years ago?

You have Mahmoud Ahmadinejad president of Iran, calling on the destructioon of Israel and attempting to build his Nuclear Weapon with no signs of backing down.

Russia's ties with the US are becomming more unstable and Russia has voiced support for Iran in its attempt to produce Nuclear 'energy'.

Obviously The USA, Australia etc will side with Israel.
The Bible does not mention Russia or Iran specifically or even give a proper time frame. The prediction including Russia and Iran is a corruption of the book of Revelations created by cults and evangelical Christians.

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#32 Post by Ben » Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:00 pm

Nostradamous predicted the last of the great wars in 2009 (World War III) which once complete would leave the Earth in eternal peace. Read into that what you will but I find all these theories and conspiracy theories fascinating.

World War Three in Brief
A Three World War scenario was developed several decades ago. Two World Wars have already been achieved, and the Third and final World War envisions an attack on Iraq, Iran and/or Syria as being the trigger to set the entire Middle East into fiery conflagration. Once America is firmly entrenched into the Middle East with the majority of her first-line units, North Korea is to attack South Korea. Then, with America's forces stretched well beyond the limit, China is to invade Taiwan. This will usher in the start of World War Three.

Mants
Legendary Member!

#33 Post by Mants » Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:14 pm

Will wrote:
Al wrote:I thought Christians and Jews had different points of view (Mel Gibson?) and didn't particularly like each other.
The evangelical and Christian sects are the ones that have an intense love for Israel. These days mainstream Christians and Jews are relatively neutral to each other, however in the past, Christians did not like Jews very much because they were partly responsible for the murder of Jesus. However as people have entered a new era, where religion is not taken as seriously the majority of mainstream Christians have seen how silly it is to blame the Jews of today for actions that took place 2000 years ago.
its also stupid as most of the Jews living in the world at that point didnt even know who Jesus was!

Will
VIP Member
VIP Member

#34 Post by Will » Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:39 pm

Ben wrote:Nostradamous predicted the last of the great wars in 2009 (World War III) which once complete would leave the Earth in eternal peace. Read into that what you will but I find all these theories and conspiracy theories fascinating.

World War Three in Brief
A Three World War scenario was developed several decades ago. Two World Wars have already been achieved, and the Third and final World War envisions an attack on Iraq, Iran and/or Syria as being the trigger to set the entire Middle East into fiery conflagration. Once America is firmly entrenched into the Middle East with the majority of her first-line units, North Korea is to attack South Korea. Then, with America's forces stretched well beyond the limit, China is to invade Taiwan. This will usher in the start of World War Three.

I stopped beleiving in prophecies and predictions when none of those predicted for the year 2000 came true.

Mants
Legendary Member!

#35 Post by Mants » Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:26 pm

Will wrote:
Ben wrote:Nostradamous predicted the last of the great wars in 2009 (World War III) which once complete would leave the Earth in eternal peace. Read into that what you will but I find all these theories and conspiracy theories fascinating.

World War Three in Brief

I stopped beleiving in prophecies and predictions when none of those predicted for the year 2000 came true.
that never really had any merit, did it? i dunno, i was really too young to care at the time.

it is certain that there will be an end of the world, whether or not this is in our lifetime or in millions of years, the circumstances under which it occurs are obviously uncertain. making and believing in such a prediction really shows one's gullibility.

Bulldozer
High Rise Poster!

#36 Post by Bulldozer » Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:36 pm

Will wrote:I stopped beleiving in prophecies and predictions when none of those predicted for the year 2000 came true.
Sure a lot of hype was had about that, but the end result is that hardly anything buggered up because of the absolutely massive amount of work that went into mitigating the problem. In the lead-up to 2000 it was a great time to be a programmer who knows Cobol or other old languages. Companies were paying such crazy money that old programmers came back from retirement to cash in.

Now I'm just waiting for 2038 to roll around :) That's the year when Unix time (counted as the number of seconds since 1/1/1970) needs more than 32-bits to be represented. (4,294,967,296)

Diamond
High Rise Poster!

#37 Post by Diamond » Thu Nov 22, 2007 1:38 am

Bulldozer wrote:Now I'm just waiting for 2038 to roll around :) That's the year when Unix time (counted as the number of seconds since 1/1/1970) needs more than 32-bits to be represented. (4,294,967,296)
Hehe, meaning?? :? ...
Vladimir Putin - TIME Magazine's Man Of The Year 2007

Bulldozer
High Rise Poster!

#38 Post by Bulldozer » Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:50 pm

Diamond wrote:
Bulldozer wrote:Now I'm just waiting for 2038 to roll around :) That's the year when Unix time (counted as the number of seconds since 1/1/1970) needs more than 32-bits to be represented. (4,294,967,296)
Hehe, meaning?? :? ...
You have the same problem as Y2K - not enough space to store the date. Unix is essentially the foundation of contemporary computing so it's potentially a very big deal. Dismissing it by saying "as if we'll still be using this stuff in 30 years" is what got us into the Y2K problem. 64-bit systems don't have anything to worry about though... they should be about right until the sun goes supernova. :)

Ho Really
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#39 Post by Ho Really » Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:49 am

Will wrote:The Bible does not mention Russia or Iran specifically or even give a proper time frame.
The Bible doesn't mention specific countries, kings or leaders in the prophecy but in the book of Daniel it does say King of the North and King of the South.
The prediction including Russia and Iran is a corruption of the book of Revelations created by cults and evangelical Christians.
Considering our times I wouldn't say it is a corruption but an educated guess .

Cheers
Confucius say: Dumb man climb tree to get cherry, wise man spread limbs.

Will
VIP Member
VIP Member

#40 Post by Will » Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:19 am

Ho Really wrote:
Will wrote:The Bible does not mention Russia or Iran specifically or even give a proper time frame.
The Bible doesn't mention specific countries, kings or leaders in the prophecy but in the book of Daniel it does say King of the North and King of the South.
The prediction including Russia and Iran is a corruption of the book of Revelations created by cults and evangelical Christians.
Considering our times I wouldn't say it is a corruption but an educated guess .

Cheers

I'm sorry, but i refuse to believe in the interpretation of the Bible, conducted by extremist cults.

rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)

#41 Post by rev » Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:39 am

Will wrote:
bmw boy wrote:you don't think it will happen Will?

The current climate certainly seems to suggest its a possibility. Coincidence or something more, from a book written 2000 years ago?

You have Mahmoud Ahmadinejad president of Iran, calling on the destructioon of Israel and attempting to build his Nuclear Weapon with no signs of backing down.

Russia's ties with the US are becomming more unstable and Russia has voiced support for Iran in its attempt to produce Nuclear 'energy'.

Obviously The USA, Australia etc will side with Israel.
The Bible does not mention Russia or Iran specifically or even give a proper time frame. The prediction including Russia and Iran is a corruption of the book of Revelations created by cults and evangelical Christians.
Exactly. We are not supposed to know the time, day, year, month, week, when the end will come. Anyone who calls them self a Christian, and believes some crap about a specific date or year, needs their head examined.
There was NEVER anything from Jesus, or one of his disciples etc, stating the end of the world will come in 2012, 2020, or whenever. Unless of course the Vatican is hiding something in its vast library...lol
And what's more, there are NO MORE prophets. Nostradamus and who ever else, are all false prophets. Any real Christian church will tell you this.
But what we have today is a mass of new age churches, evangelicals and such, which aren't about spreading the word of God, but about making money for those that run and control the churches. They are more like cults then actual religious institutions.

Btw, when has Iran ever stated it is trying to build a nuclear weapon? They keep repeating, apparently on deaf ears, that they are developing nuclear ENERGY for civilian use, not weapons.
And even if they are developing a nuclear weapon, who cares? America has them, Israel has them. Infact Israel refuses to allow inspectors into its nuclear sites. Yet look at the treatement of Iraq and Iran on the issue.
If you were Iran, wouldn't you try and develop a serious deterent, when your faced with your two neighbours left and right of you, under occupation, from a country who is rattling its sabre at you constantly by moving carrier battle groups in and out of your neighbourhood?
Take a look at Israel too. They bombed Syria recently. Last year invaded Lebanon.

Who has Iran bombed or invaded again?......

As for the argument that might be presented that Iran backs terrorist groups, so does Israel and so does America. They currently are supporting a PKK off-shoot inside Iran, in what amounts to a proxy war which is already being waged against Iran.
The Americans back the KLA, a terrorist group. The various Chechen terror groups.

Double standards as usual. And then they wonder why people hate their foreign policies and protest in their tens of thousands against them and globalisation.

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#42 Post by Ben » Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:41 pm

Brethren conversion

Adam Todd

27Nov07

THE Exclusive Brethren religious group has applied to establish a school at Clovelly Park.

Brethren-run Melrose Park School wants to convert a South Rd shopping complex and an adjoining house at the rear, in Wingfield St, into a primary school.
Plans lodged with Marion Council include several classrooms, an activity room, administration office and grassed play area.
Melrose Park School CEO Kevin Seeley said the school had outgrown its Daws Rd site.
``There's been a slight, gradual increase in numbers,'' he said.
``We've been keeping our eyes open for a long time. Sites of that size are not easy to find in this area with the right zoning.''
The 5050sqm South Rd property has been on the market at an asking price of $3.2 million.
According to Taplin Real Estate, the Exclusive Brethren entered into an agreement subject to development approval.
Mr Seeley would not disclose how much the school paid for the site, but said it had been funded by parents and other donations.
He said the school would not relocate until at least 2009.
Marion's development assessment panel is expected to consider the application at its next meeting on December 5.
The council has received nine representations raising objections to the proposal.
Most residents in Wingfield St told the Guardian Messenger they were against the proposal.
While few had heard of the Exclusive Brethren, most were concerned with traffic issues in the narrow street.
``I'm dead against it, it's already chaos here in the mornings,'' one resident said.
Mr Seeley said traffic would not be a problem.
``This is the best possible use of that site for traffic,'' he said.
``We need 30 car parks and there are about 60 and there'll only be traffic there a few times a day.''
The new school is part of the Exclusive Brethren's continuing expansion in the southern and eastern suburbs. The group now owns more than $9 million worth of properties in the area.
The school this month won development approval from Mitcham Council to convert an old meeting hall at Melrose Park into a temporary primary school for 30 students.
The Exclusive Brethren is a tight-knit religious group which avoids contact with outsiders and lives by a strict set of rules. They do not own radios or TVs, watch movies or go to the theatre and do not vote.

Ho Really

#43 Post by Ho Really » Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:52 pm

Will wrote:I'm sorry, but i refuse to believe in the interpretation of the Bible, conducted by extremist cults.
Which interpretation do you believe in, if any?

Cheers

Ho Really

#44 Post by Ho Really » Thu Dec 27, 2007 12:02 am

rev wrote:...We are not supposed to know the time, day, year, month, week, when the end will come. Anyone who calls them self a Christian, and believes some crap about a specific date or year, needs their head examined.
No one knows, not even the angels in Heaven, but only Christ. Those who are chosen have been warned to watch for signs of the end times (not only political, but also natural) whenever they may happen and to be ready.

Cheers

Will
VIP Member
VIP Member

#45 Post by Will » Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:29 pm

Ho Really wrote:
rev wrote:...We are not supposed to know the time, day, year, month, week, when the end will come. Anyone who calls them self a Christian, and believes some crap about a specific date or year, needs their head examined.
No one knows, not even the angels in Heaven, but only Christ. Those who are chosen have been warned to watch for signs of the end times (not only political, but also natural) whenever they may happen and to be ready.

Cheers
I most definately do not believe that people know when the world will end (if ever).

I believe in living a good life, doing good and helping others. Although I 'have not been chosen' I am certain that i am a better person than those who belong to cults, and who instead of doing good, spend their whole time telling others how holy they are.