Introduction Thread

Anything goes here.. :) Now with Beer Garden for our smoking patrons.
Joseferrero
Sen-Rookie-Sational

Re: Introduction Thread

#196 Post by Joseferrero » Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:39 pm

Hi, new here at adelaide. Were a family from philippines.
And were a new migrant here.
Just want to introduce myself
And im currently looking for a place where to buy a car
And a job

[Shuz]
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#197 Post by [Shuz] » Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:56 pm

Joseferrero wrote: And im currently looking for a place where to buy a car
Main North Road.
Any views and opinions expressed are of my own, and do not reflect the views or opinions of any organisation of which I have an affiliation with.

Will
VIP Member
VIP Member

#198 Post by Will » Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:08 pm

Joseferrero wrote:Hi, new here at adelaide. Were a family from philippines.
And were a new migrant here.
Just want to introduce myself
And im currently looking for a place where to buy a car
And a job
Welcome to SA!

As Shuz stated in his post, Main North Road is the place to look to buy new and used cars. However with the advent of the internet, a lot of people are now using websites such as carsales.com. Likewise with jobs, they are mainly found on the internet on sites such as seek.com

mumbaitogoa
Sen-Rookie-Sational

Hello Dear Members

#199 Post by mumbaitogoa » Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:33 pm

Hello Dear Members,
My name is Sanjeev from India, my almost time spends on travel especially Mumbai to Goa, well nice to meet you all andglad to join this forum.
Thank you

rosetyler
Sen-Rookie-Sational

Re: News & Discussion: Education

#200 Post by rosetyler » Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:31 pm

yes i know i am in the wrong section but i am unable to find the right section to introduce yourself

RobbieD31
Sen-Rookie-Sational

THE 'Q' FACTOR WITHIN ARCHITECTURE_

#201 Post by RobbieD31 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:56 pm

circus2012-0301-10.jpg
circus2012-0301-10.jpg (706.17 KiB) Viewed 16409 times
Hi Everybody,

My name is Robbie. I'm a Final Year Masters in Architecture student at the University of South Australia here in Adelaide. I am deeply interested in the humane, planning and governmental elements of architecture. My interests lie primarily within residential construction and architecture, urban planning and architectural law, emergency architecture through crises and the standards and notions of design quality and place-making.

As part of one of my Uni assignments I am researching in-depth into and writing about the subject matter of what I call the 'Q' Factor within architecture, which basically represents the factors of 'quality' and 'design quality' within architecture, and this is something that I am quite interested in analysing both within the local context of good old radelaide and in the broader context of where my studio design assignment is based - which is in Rotterdam in the Netherlands. To my embarrassment I have to confess that I haven't ever actually blogged before, but I thought that within the requirements of this particular uni assignment what better time to start basically and I'm really looking forward to further developing my architectural and theoretical education on here whilst also seeing what I can currently contribute to these and other posts through what my degree has already taught me.

I will ultimately be blogging and writing across both this forum on this site and also on my own blog site which I have just recently created and established; which is: thequalityfactor.wordpress.com

I ask that you be patient with me as I have only just started writing, but I really encourage you to have a read of my posts on this site because I would really appreciate some good, honest, educational and critical feedback on both my blog itself and the various topics and subject matter which I write about.

Basically, the purpose behind my blog is to gain feedback towards and to generate discussions within our industry & community and to analyse & explore what 'design quality' within architecture is and to ask ourselves, particularly for some of us as young up and coming, budding [quite realistically - the next generation] of architects pertinent questions such as 'what is it that makes for 'good -quality' architecture and what kinds of changes and what kinds of roles can we as architects make & play in the designing and shaping of our cities, our workplaces, our play spaces, our homes, our world.

So that's a little bit about me and my background for writing my current blogs and so I look forward to seeing what kinds of discussions and theories come out of all of
this....

OlympusAnt
High Rise Poster!

#202 Post by OlympusAnt » Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:40 pm

Hello I'm Anthony, known this forum for years just had no incentive to sign up. I have now :banana:

I have just started to get into taking photos and I own an Olympus camera, hence the name. I really want to make money from this area, since I don't seem to be having a lot of luck anywhere else, work wise.

I see myself as very opinionated, with strong views on city planning, in regards to traffic and mass transit.

I'm going to the US next year for 3 weeks, taking in a lot, but the main part is the 100th Indianapolis 500 on May 29th :)

I also go by the pseudonym of "mclaren2007" from Railpage.
Follow me on Flickr

http://www.flickr.com/photos/135625678@N06/

Wayno
VIP Member
VIP Member

#203 Post by Wayno » Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:26 pm

Welcome OlympusAnt.

People with cameras are more than welcome here...
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

monotonehell
VIP Member
VIP Member

#204 Post by monotonehell » Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:36 pm

Wayno wrote:Welcome OlympusAnt.

People with cameras are more than welcome here...
What he said.

Welcome Ant.
Exit on the right in the direction of travel.

jim_c500
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#205 Post by jim_c500 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:16 pm

Hi all

Long time lurker, thought it was about time you all benefitted from my opinions... ;)

A bit about me: originally from the UK, been in SA for the last nine years. No expertise whatsoever in any aspect of construction or design, but enjoyed city apartment living (Manchester and London) in-between life in the 'burbs.

When on here, usually found reading the CBD construction board.

:cheers:

Llessur2002

#206 Post by Llessur2002 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:36 pm

jim_c500 wrote:Hi all

Long time lurker, thought it was about time you all benefitted from my opinions... ;)

A bit about me: originally from the UK, been in SA for the last nine years. No expertise whatsoever in any aspect of construction or design, but enjoyed city apartment living (Manchester and London) in-between life in the 'burbs.

When on here, usually found reading the CBD construction board.

:cheers:
Welcome to the forum :)

ghs

Re: THE 'Q' FACTOR WITHIN ARCHITECTURE_

#207 Post by ghs » Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:07 pm

RobbieD31 wrote:
circus2012-0301-10.jpg
Hi Everybody,

My name is Robbie. I'm a Final Year Masters in Architecture student at the University of South Australia here in Adelaide. I am deeply interested in the humane, planning and governmental elements of architecture. My interests lie primarily within residential construction and architecture, urban planning and architectural law, emergency architecture through crises and the standards and notions of design quality and place-making.

As part of one of my Uni assignments I am researching in-depth into and writing about the subject matter of what I call the 'Q' Factor within architecture, which basically represents the factors of 'quality' and 'design quality' within architecture, and this is something that I am quite interested in analysing both within the local context of good old radelaide and in the broader context of where my studio design assignment is based - which is in Rotterdam in the Netherlands. To my embarrassment I have to confess that I haven't ever actually blogged before, but I thought that within the requirements of this particular uni assignment what better time to start basically and I'm really looking forward to further developing my architectural and theoretical education on here whilst also seeing what I can currently contribute to these and other posts through what my degree has already taught me.

I will ultimately be blogging and writing across both this forum on this site and also on my own blog site which I have just recently created and established; which is: thequalityfactor.wordpress.com

I ask that you be patient with me as I have only just started writing, but I really encourage you to have a read of my posts on this site because I would really appreciate some good, honest, educational and critical feedback on both my blog itself and the various topics and subject matter which I write about.

Basically, the purpose behind my blog is to gain feedback towards and to generate discussions within our industry & community and to analyse & explore what 'design quality' within architecture is and to ask ourselves, particularly for some of us as young up and coming, budding [quite realistically - the next generation] of architects pertinent questions such as 'what is it that makes for 'good -quality' architecture and what kinds of changes and what kinds of roles can we as architects make & play in the designing and shaping of our cities, our workplaces, our play spaces, our homes, our world.

So that's a little bit about me and my background for writing my current blogs and so I look forward to seeing what kinds of discussions and theories come out of all of
this....
If you want some honest and critical feeback then.....honestly how about using shorter sentences. That second to last paragraph would have to be the longest sentence in history lol.

Dvious
Legendary Member!

#208 Post by Dvious » Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:06 pm

Did you really feel the need to reply to a post from October 2015? Seriously?

AroundADL
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#209 Post by AroundADL » Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:30 pm

Hi everyone.

Long time lurker and self confessed development enthusiast. After spending many years across the border in Mexico (Melbourne) I found that home is where the heart is!

Love this site and its less 'my D is bigger than your D mentality on SSC.

Look forward to contributing more into the future.

#Adelaidepride

Yak_Forger
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#210 Post by Yak_Forger » Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:11 am

Hi everyone, and sorry if I'm digging up an old thread!

I'm Alexandre, 24, from Belgium, and I'm going to study for the next semester in Adelaide thanks to an exchange program. So, I registered here as to discuss the city and learn more about it from the ones who know it best!
By the way, I'm studying urban economics, so I may come around and talk about transports, shopping streets etc ; I'll keep a close eye on them, both IRL and on the forum, and not only from a customer's point of view!

Anyways, apart from that, I like playing the guitar, drawing (technical, architectural, and a little bit of manga style on the side), archery and traveling.