KI ranked among the world's best!

Anything goes here.. :) Now with Beer Garden for our smoking patrons.
JAKJ
High Rise Poster!

Re: KI ranked among the world's best!

#16 Post by JAKJ » Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:07 am

The honey is ligurian bee honey, and KI is the only place in the world that still has pure ligurian bees, as the orginal population of the bee in liguria, Italy, was interbred with other common European bee after the population was imported to KI in 1881. KI also has the oldest bee sanctuary in the world to protect the purity of the strain on KI. They honey made from these bees is also regarded as one of the best in the world.

Edgar
Legendary Member!

#17 Post by Edgar » Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:31 am

Why the fuck would one post up photos of Greek Islands in this thread? You are a plain idiot.

I once thought those photos were taken from Kangaroo Island but after I re-read the post only to find that it was taken off another country. Thanks for ruining this thread.

People who had visited Kangaroo Island before, please post up more photos, I need to be convinced to visit the place next year after the so-called 6-stars resort hotel is completed.
Visit my website at http://www.edgarchieng.com for more photos of Adelaide and South Australia.

rogue
Donating Member
Donating Member

#18 Post by rogue » Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:10 pm

rev wrote:.......it all comes down to personal taste.
Agreed.

rev wrote:what can you do on the Greek Islands that you cant do on Kangaroo Island?
Care to elaborate?

rev wrote:If people require another persons opinion, then they deserve to have a crap holiday. Personally Iv been to both KI and the Greek Islands, KI was boring(maybe due to it being a school camp?), the Greek Isles went off.
Why is it a bad thing to learn from other peoples experiences?
If you went to KI now off your own accord, do you think you would enjoy it more? I'm not sure of your circumstances when you visited the Greek Islands, but comparing something to what you did at school is like chalk and cheese.

rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)

#19 Post by rev » Sat Nov 03, 2007 6:47 pm

Can you go clubbing on Kangaroo Island? Do internationally renowned DJ's go to clubs on Kangaroo Island to play for millions of international tourists?
Can you meet people from every corner of the globe, and have what amounts to basically a non stop party on Kangaroo Island?
Is there even a night life on Kangaroo Island?

There's lots more, but I think you get the gist of what I meant Rogue.

I was thinking that actually Rogue, I'd probably enjoy KI more now then I did when I was 14. However I was 14 when I went to Greece last, and although I shouldn't have been in certain places, I was..connections my friend connections :lol: (read family lol)

Well, I personally don't really care what some guy writes in a travel guide or opinion piece. Those are his/her experiences, not mine. You have to remember, just because one person has a good time or bad time say in the Greek Islands or in Ibiza off the Spanish coast, doesn't mean everyone will. Therefore you should only take such opinions with a grain of salt.

@Edgar_raphael - Take it easy mate, and go read the posts. There's a discussion about Kangaroo Island, the Greek Islands, Isle of Man etc etc.

Cruise
Banned
Banned

#20 Post by Cruise » Sat Nov 03, 2007 7:13 pm

rev wrote:Can you go clubbing on Kangaroo Island? Do internationally renowned DJ's go to clubs on Kangaroo Island to play for millions of international tourists?
Can you meet people from every corner of the globe, and have what amounts to basically a non stop party on Kangaroo Island?
Is there even a night life on Kangaroo Island?

There's lots more, but I think you get the gist of what I meant Rogue.

I was thinking that actually Rogue, I'd probably enjoy KI more now then I did when I was 14. However I was 14 when I went to Greece last, and although I shouldn't have been in certain places, I was..connections my friend connections :lol: (read family lol)

Well, I personally don't really care what some guy writes in a travel guide or opinion piece. Those are his/her experiences, not mine. You have to remember, just because one person has a good time or bad time say in the Greek Islands or in Ibiza off the Spanish coast, doesn't mean everyone will. Therefore you should only take such opinions with a grain of salt.

@Edgar_raphael - Take it easy mate, and go read the posts. There's a discussion about Kangaroo Island, the Greek Islands, Isle of Man etc etc.
you go to KI for diferent reasons then you go to the greek islands for.

Case closed

Diamond
High Rise Poster!

#21 Post by Diamond » Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:05 pm

Not necessarily, there's alot more to the Greek Islands than just the night life and some drunk pommy tourists.
Vladimir Putin - TIME Magazine's Man Of The Year 2007

rogue
Donating Member
Donating Member

#22 Post by rogue » Wed Nov 14, 2007 1:56 pm

Sorry for digging up an old thread again, but it saves starting a new one.

I was at Cape Jervis over the weekend and was looking over to KI. It didn't really look that far (distance wise) and have since found out it is 16kms from the mainland to Penneshaw.

Do you think it would ever be feasible for a bridge to link the 2? Something like the road to Key West in Florida.

I cant believe the current ferry link is not part of the national highway network like the Tasmanian ferry is. Everyone that travels on the Spirit of Tasmania receives a subsidy. Why not the same for Sealink?

frank1
Donating Member
Donating Member

#23 Post by frank1 » Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:24 pm

whats the point of comparing KI to the GI when they are both special in their own way. That's like someone saying apples are better than oranges.

Cruise
Banned
Banned

#24 Post by Cruise » Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:29 am

rogue wrote:Sorry for digging up an old thread again, but it saves starting a new one.

I was at Cape Jervis over the weekend and was looking over to KI. It didn't really look that far (distance wise) and have since found out it is 16kms from the mainland to Penneshaw.

Do you think it would ever be feasible for a bridge to link the 2? Something like the road to Key West in Florida.

I cant believe the current ferry link is not part of the national highway network like the Tasmanian ferry is. Everyone that travels on the Spirit of Tasmania receives a subsidy. Why not the same for Sealink?
I cant see a bridge being feasible in a long time unless a private constortium wished to fund it.

But yes given the current costs of going there by car (plus the passengers cost) government subsidies should be in place.

If my memory serves me correctly i think it costs about $80 per vehicle and $20 per adult (one way) a bit to steep if you ask me!!!

rhino
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#25 Post by rhino » Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:05 am

I'm pretty sure travel is subsidized for Island residents, but not for tourists.
cheers,
Rhino

rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)

#26 Post by rev » Thu Nov 15, 2007 3:27 pm

I wouldn't want to be driving for 16km straight on a bridge. Stick a few man made islands along the way with something to do on each. :P

Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member

#27 Post by Norman » Thu Nov 15, 2007 3:45 pm

10 mins on a bridge is boring?

rhino
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#28 Post by rhino » Thu Nov 15, 2007 4:23 pm

Also I would be surprised if the shortest route (the one the under-sea cable takes) is 16km long. That may be the distance from Cape Jervis to Penneshaw, but that's not where any bridge would be built. It's all pie in the sky anyway.
cheers,
Rhino

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

#29 Post by crawf » Thu Nov 15, 2007 4:36 pm

rev wrote:I wouldn't want to be driving for 16km straight on a bridge. Stick a few man made islands along the way with something to do on each. :P
16km is not a long distance :shock:

Al
VIP Member
VIP Member

#30 Post by Al » Thu Nov 15, 2007 4:47 pm

I've driven over the Penang bridge in Malaysia which is about 15km and believe me, it wasn't boring. Just the fact that you have open water beneath you makes the drive interesting.