Beer Garden

Anything goes here.. :) Now with Beer Garden for our smoking patrons.
rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)

Re: Beer Garden

#2476 Post by rev » Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:15 am

lol

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

Re: Cheaper Taxi ride - Adelaide

#2477 Post by crawf » Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:32 pm

Nice try.

Uber would still end up being cheaper and better anyway...

Llessur2002
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#2478 Post by Llessur2002 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:29 pm

I got a taxi the other day. It was a very tired vehicle and he drove me like a lunatic into the city whilst he was talking on the phone. Never had that with an uber...

Vee
Legendary Member!

#2479 Post by Vee » Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:27 pm

Dockless bike hire problems interstate.
Both Melbourne and Sydney have seen the introduction of oBikes — yellow, GPS-tracked rental bicycles that rent (out) ....
... companies stipulate customers must leave the bicycles in safe and legal locations where they won’t obstruct pedestrians and other transport.
http://www.news.com.au/technology/onlin ... edada38250

But these dockless schemes are creating some issues - with bike cluttering and dumping.

Check the YT video for examples.
https://youtu.be/kmWhaG6j0-0

Llessur2002

#2480 Post by Llessur2002 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:34 pm

Just giving some frank feedback on my respective ride experiences. Happy for any business to thrive but if someone offers me a better, safer and more accountable service for the same price then I know where my dollars will be going.

monotonehell
VIP Member
VIP Member

#2481 Post by monotonehell » Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:50 am

Maximus wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:52 pm
Whether you think something is a "direct point" in defence of a no vote is simply your opinion.
No I mean literally, in all of the interviews with the no campaign I've read, they have never made a direct point. They keep alluding to further issues, but never state what those issues are. Then they go off on tangents with hot button headlines like "Safe Schools". (Which by the way, the self professed conservative politicians vetted and had the two things they objected to removed.)
Maximus wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:52 pm
Someone's religious beliefs aren't, to you, a direct point in defence of a no vote, but they absolutely are a reasonable and direct point in defense of a no vote -- to them. So long as someone's views aren't borne out of hate, disrespect, ignorance, etc, I consider they're legitimate views and I consider someone is entitled to those views.
I'm yet to hear anyone advocating for no make that actual point. No one has said "Because our rules say no, therefore no." Maybe because they know that that's not a good reason to impose "their rules" on others. It's a moot point. Which was my point above (lol I said "point" a lot)

There's more than one religion. They all have varying opinions on things. If one person's belief system says that same sex marriage is against their rules, then they should not conduct same sex marriages amongst their adherents. That's fine. Same as some of the Jewish faith eat kosher, and some of Islam faith similarly eat halal. It's fine that they do, and no skin of anyone's nose to have foods labeled kosher or halal. But eating kosher is not enshrined in the Law of the land. Just as same sex marriage should not be outlawed by the Law of the land. Churches do not control marriage - it is a legal arrangement, with legal ramifications.
Exit on the right in the direction of travel.

rev

#2482 Post by rev » Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:40 pm

Pigs ass you're a long time lurker.

Your entire post reeks of being an advertisement.
Uber shits on your pathetic taxi industry.
Anyone been raped by an uber driver in Adelaide? Nope.
Anyone got into a smelly, dirty uber vehicle? Nope.
Anyone felt like they were going to be involved in a serious car accident while in an uber? Nope.
Anyone had an uber driver eating while driving? Nope.
Anyone had an uber driver talking on their phone while driving? Nope.
And importantly, has anyone had an uber driver try and take them via the longest routes to their destination? Nope.

Uber is superior to your shitty taxi industry and your shitty suburban taxi company.

And something I'm sure the ATO would love to know more about, most taxi drivers are paid cash in hand, black money, off the books, defrauding the Australian government.

People have already worked it out. Taxi industry is a shitty corrupt entity, Uber offers a superior service.

You call a long time member here a fool, when really you're the fool.

Fark off ya bell end.

rev

#2483 Post by rev » Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:44 pm

LMFAO

monotonehell
VIP Member
VIP Member

#2484 Post by monotonehell » Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:46 pm

rev wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:44 pm
LMFAO
Rev, you seem to want to be involved in this discussion, while simultaneously having nothing to say.
Exit on the right in the direction of travel.

rev

#2485 Post by rev » Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:14 am

Didn't see this post from the taxi industry suburban taxi company troll.
Rad-laide wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:27 pm
i bet it was smelly too?
You bet. Probably 7/10 taxis you get in stink and need to be cleaned.
but hey as long as we allow uber do what it likes & not consider relevant laws then its ok........
Uber drivers pay taxes. Uber pays taxes.
How many Adelaide taxi drivers are paying taxes? Answer is many aren't. Because many are being paid off the books/black money.
How about enforcing Australia's laws within your own corrupt industry FIRST...

[quote[
i get some unemployed ( or a second job tight @ss) person happy to earn $11 per hour b4 tax, who i have no idea if he actually accredited to drive me (passengers) and save myself 3 buck then its all good......[/quote]

So wanting to have a second job to earn extra money to make ends meet, is being a tight ass is it? It's amazing how much disdain and contempt Suburban Taxi company has for the people of South Australia.
$11/hour? LMFAO now you're going to spread misinformation? I have friends who drive for Uber as a second job in their spare time. They earn much more then $11/hour.
They earn at least $25-40 an hour. Uber takes 25%. Thus they keep 75% of the fares. What's the percentage of money taken home by taxi drivers with Suburban? It wouldn't be much since most are being paid black money off the books.
I also know taxi drivers, who all say it's very hard to make a living. It's all they complain about. Uber driver friends, never heard them complain about how much they are, or aren't making.
London was smart enough to consider the risks of uber, but Mulligan who is on borrowed time as pollie is too concerned about his seat to make uber follow laws
You might be confusing the transport minister with the non-existent, faceless, Liberal shadow minister.
And taxis are recording people in the cars as well. What's your point?
How many rapes and sexual assaults have we seen from the taxi industry on passengers? Do you want to talk about that?
Who was vetting your drivers Mr Suburban Taxis troll?

Like I said in the other post, FARK OFF.
How dumb do you think the people of South Australia, and this forum specifically, are?
Silly Suburban taxis.
Trying to win back customers, but going about it entirely the wrong way.
Idiots.

rev

#2486 Post by rev » Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:17 am

Llessur2002 wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:34 pm
Just giving some frank feedback on my respective ride experiences. Happy for any business to thrive but if someone offers me a better, safer and more accountable service for the same price then I know where my dollars will be going.
Mate the taxi industry isn't interested in cleaning up their act, nor are they interested in offering a better service.
They want to kick and scream like spoiled brats until they get what they want, the government cutting out competition and giving them the monopoly again.

What happened Suburban Taxis, and other scummy taxi companies, did the honeymoon with Labor finally come to an end?
I thought the taxi industry spokesperson with the curly hair that you normally see on the news was in tight with at least some of the Labor mob particularly one federal member in the western suburbs..

mshagg
Legendary Member!

#2487 Post by mshagg » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:12 am

Wow for a long time lurker innocently sharing a new service with forum members you sure do have some strong views about Uber.

Nathan

#2488 Post by Nathan » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:28 am

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

Re: Rundle Mall Redevelopment | $30m

#2489 Post by crawf » Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:59 pm

Llessur2002 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:07 pm

Sometimes it'll just be the banner-holders, but most of the time the angry, shouty, year-round tan dude is there. Occasionally they head off to harass commuters at the Railway Station etc but they're very (and perhaps increasingly) present in the Mall.
Saw this guy in action on Saturday. He was so loud and obnoxious, you could hear him quite a distance from either ends of the mall.

People like this need to be banned and fined. Rundle Mall or any outdoor precinct is not a platform for lunatics to preach any forms of hatred or religion. It's a public nuisance, and a disgraceful look for visitors. Enough is enough.

Llessur2002

#2490 Post by Llessur2002 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:39 pm

At this stage I should probably clarify that my 'year round tan' comment was about the white guy who looks a bit grubby, not the black guy. Depending on which one you've seen I might have come across a little on the bigoted side...