Beer Garden

Anything goes here.. :) Now with Beer Garden for our smoking patrons.
Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member

Re: Beer Garden

#2776 Post by Norman » Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:34 pm

So I was reading (or trying to read) the article on the Christmas Pageant when I noticed how many grammar and spelling errors there were. Not to mention the misplacement of commas and doubling up of words.
2017 Adelaide Christmas Pageant

AN estimated 330,000 pageant-goers have embraced the festive spirit today at Adelaide’s 85th Christmas Pageant – more than 70,000 people lining the street this year than in 2016 when it was wet.

In constrast, event organisers say today’s overcast but dry conditions were ideal for the event.

Aberfoyle Park dad Steven Dean arrived to get his prime Victoria Square spot at 4.30am, with wife Kellie catching in the 6.15am bus with boys Jesse, 6, and Campbell, 2.

“We’ve been coming ever since Jesse was born, we just love the atmosphere and the magic of it,” Steven said.

“For us it starts the countdown until Christmas.”

But he says, despite, pre-dawn arrival it wasn’t early enough to get a front row seat.

““To be honest, it is already pretty packed,” he said.

“A lot of the dads and grandads come in early and reserve a spot and the mums and kids come in a bit later.”

Sisters Laura, 26, and Ellen, 21, arrived to set up at Victoria Square just before 5am, keeping a spot for young friends Jasmine, two, and Jackson, four.

“Our parents did it for us for years and now it’s nice to do it for these kids,” says Laura.

“Little Jackson has last year’s pageant on DVD as much as he watches the Wiggles and Thomas the Tank Engine.”

Aberfoyle Park dad Steven Dean arrived to get his prime Victoria Square spot at 4.30am, with wife Kellie catching in the 6.15am bus with boys Jesse, 6, and Campbell, 2.

“We’ve been coming ever since Jesse was born, we just love the atmosphere and the magic of it,” Steven said.

“For us it starts the countdown until Christmas.”

Silvana Cosci was also here before the sun came up.

She says for the past few years she and some school nuns have arrived before 5am, and it has become “something of a tradition.”

Woodcroft dad of two Ian Brown arrived to set up on Wakefield St at 3.30am, his family following at 8am.

“We plan quite a long time ahead and it is fairly well thought out, where we’ll park, where we’ll set up ect,” he said.

“We usually stay on after the pageant also and have lunch in town - so we make a day of it.”

This year’s Pageant King, Michael Wood, 22, of Redwood Park and Pageant Queen Megan Olive, 37, of Andrews Farm described their first pageant experience as ‘unbelievable’.

“You dont really get a full perspective of the size of the Pageant until you’re in it,” Ms Olive said.

“Seeing so many young people up there and all their smiling faces and waving was just amazing.”

The duo were the first to ride on the Pageant Royal Family’s brand new float for 2017.

“We have been very well looked after,” Mr Wood said. Some of last year’s princes and princesses have been helping us all day,” he said.

Pageant King Michael and Pageant Queen Megan are both blood Leukaemia patients and made history as the first “royal couple” from the new charity partner of the iconic event.

“The Leukaemia Foundation have really helped both of us so much in our journey and provided so much support to us and our families, so to be able to give back it just great.”

Pageant Director Brian Gilbertson, who has now overseen fifteen pageants, said the event was another success, giving the crowd something new while honouring the traditions of the past 85 years.

“It’s about rearranging the line up each year and getting a good flow theatrically,” Mr Gilbertson said.

“We had five brand new float this year and of course all the favourites that Adelaide has come to know and love.”

The man of the hour, Father Christmas arrived at Kintore Avenue just after 11am.

For For the first time, he was then walked through the crowds on North Terrace to a golf buggy that paraded him through Rundle Mall to his home at the Magic Cave in David Jones where he will be until Christmas Eve.

rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)

#2777 Post by rev » Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:13 am

Matt wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:04 pm
rev wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:35 pm
Sad, sad day for Australian history.
A country divided.
Only selfish, hypocritical morons and twats would celebrate a divisive result.
Hilarious.
So 61.6% of Aussies are selfish, hypocritical, morons and/or twats?

100% of states and territories voted yes.
89% of electorates voted yes.

"A country divided."

Get a bloody hold of yourself.
Again, if you can’t debate honestly, then shut up.
I never said anything of the sort about the majority of Australia.

I’m quite clearly talking about some idiots on this forum like you.

4 million people out of the 12 million who voted..yeh, the country is united.

What a dumb ass.

rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)

#2778 Post by rev » Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:14 am

Ben wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:00 pm
Give it a break rev. Move on. You lost. Find something else to troll about now.
Aw, took me off ignore did you :lol:

Matt
Legendary Member!

#2779 Post by Matt » Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:13 pm

Yawn.

Next.

Goodsy
Legendary Member!

#2780 Post by Goodsy » Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:02 pm

why are you still engaging with him, just leave the issue alone. It's over. in 6 months time when SSM is through the house this whole thing will be forgotten, might as well start putting it behind you now.

How about some more good news

Cyber Security firm VeroGuard Systems to set up base in Adelaide’s north, creating almost 600 jobs

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/business/ ... 1511083715

timtam20292
Legendary Member!

#2781 Post by timtam20292 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:12 pm

A power outage is affecting parts of the city at the moment.

Goodsy
Legendary Member!

#2782 Post by Goodsy » Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:37 pm

can the DPTI please employ the same agency that produces Victoria's infrastructure videos, they're so much better

timtam20292
Legendary Member!

#2783 Post by timtam20292 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:04 pm

Power has been restored now.

Ho Really
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#2784 Post by Ho Really » Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:12 pm

timtam20292, no offence but rev has taken down his "It's OK to say No" avatar, perhaps it's time to archive yours too.

Cheers
Confucius say: Dumb man climb tree to get cherry, wise man spread limbs.

timtam20292
Legendary Member!

#2785 Post by timtam20292 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:36 am

Ho Really wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:12 pm
timtam20292, no offence but rev has taken down his "It's OK to say No" avatar, perhaps it's time to archive yours too.

Cheers
Why does the fact that I've still kept mine up concern you? Yes I'm aware that rev has changed his but why should I change mine? I think its rude to say to someone that they should change their avatar especially when its not hurting anyone. I could ask HeapsGood to change his because of the x on the Dyson machine (I'm a fan of Dyson) but I don't. It's his avatar.

I will change it when I want to which will be when SSM is official. I think you are more than capable of ignoring the avatar.

The Scooter Guy

#2786 Post by The Scooter Guy » Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:39 pm

Anyone remember when Johnny Rockets came to Adelaide?

It was located next to the entryway of the East End Cinemas and is now currently T2.
For starters, my avatar is the well-known Adelaide Aquatic Centre insignia from 1989.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWk8YPx2zHziHgvyPy_9fxQ
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ryanthescooterguy/
http://ryansbedroom.tumblr.com/

Maximus
Legendary Member!

#2787 Post by Maximus » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:28 am

The Scooter Guy wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:39 pm
Sure do. Circa 1998? I had a friend who worked there. Don't think it lasted too long, did it?

I also remember around the same time there was bar nearby that offered you to toss a coin when bought a round of drinks and if you called heads/tails correctly the drinks were free or half-price or something. Yeah, that didn't last too long as a sustainable business model... :lol:
It's = it is; its = everything else.
You're = you are; your = belongs to.
Than = comparative ("bigger than"); then = next.

OlympusAnt
High Rise Poster!

#2788 Post by OlympusAnt » Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:42 pm

When I went to America, I tried Johnny Rockets in Long Beach, CA. I liked it.

I was looking for another chain but couldn't find it.

I had major accent problems in there as well :lol: :lol:
Follow me on Flickr

http://www.flickr.com/photos/135625678@N06/

monotonehell
VIP Member
VIP Member

#2789 Post by monotonehell » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:51 pm

OlympusAnt wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:42 pm
When I went to America, I tried Johnny Rockets in Long Beach, CA. I liked it.

I was looking for another chain but couldn't find it.

I had major accent problems in there as well :lol: :lol:
When in the USA I found I needed to put on a slight USAian accent, otherwise they just said "what?" a lot.
Exit on the right in the direction of travel.

The Scooter Guy

#2790 Post by The Scooter Guy » Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:58 pm

Maximus wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:28 am
The Scooter Guy wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:39 pm
Sure do. Circa 1998? I had a friend who worked there. Don't think it lasted too long, did it?

I also remember around the same time there was bar nearby that offered you to toss a coin when bought a round of drinks and if you called heads/tails correctly the drinks were free or half-price or something. Yeah, that didn't last too long as a sustainable business model... :lol:
Circa 1995.
For starters, my avatar is the well-known Adelaide Aquatic Centre insignia from 1989.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWk8YPx2zHziHgvyPy_9fxQ
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ryanthescooterguy/
http://ryansbedroom.tumblr.com/