Beer Garden

Anything goes here.. :) Now with Beer Garden for our smoking patrons.
rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)

Re: Beer Garden

#2821 Post by rev » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:46 am

Nathan wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:14 pm
rev wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:09 pm
You can report a motorist doing the wrong thing and provide rego details. Police follow up.
:hilarious:
Didn't realize I said something funny.

HiTouch
Legendary Member!

#2822 Post by HiTouch » Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:07 am

Yeah good one Rev. You're a stitch up.

Will
VIP Member
VIP Member

#2823 Post by Will » Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:33 pm

Was reading news.com, and came across this interesting piece:
But it’s not just major cities that have seen large crowds turn out for the Invasion Day marches or call for a change of date.
Several hundred people have gathered on the steps of Parliament House in Adelaide, calling for the date of Australia Day to be changed. Aboriginal elder Tauto Sansbury told the crowd that recognising the hurt caused by celebrating on the day the first fleet arrived must be the start of a wider conversation

Since when have we stopped being a "major city".

I hope this is just another example of poor journalism from the Murdoch press, or have people on the eastern seaboard started seeing us on the same league as Wagga Wagga, Launceston and Mackay?

Maximus
Legendary Member!

#2824 Post by Maximus » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:51 am

Will wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:33 pm
I hope this is just another example of poor journalism from the Murdoch press, or have people on the eastern seaboard started seeing us on the same league as Wagga Wagga, Launceston and Mackay?
I'd say both. But I wouldn't read too much into it... I was reading a News.com.au article this morning about the new Perth stadium and it made reference to "how to poor a beer"...! :roll: :wallbash:
It's = it is; its = everything else.
You're = you are; your = belongs to.
Than = comparative ("bigger than"); then = next.

rev

#2825 Post by rev » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:26 pm

Will wrote:
But it’s not just major cities that have seen large crowds turn out for the Invasion Day marches or call for a change of date.
Several hundred people have gathered on the steps of Parliament House in Adelaide, calling for the date of Australia Day to be changed. Aboriginal elder Tauto Sansbury told the crowd that recognising the hurt caused by celebrating on the day the first fleet arrived must be the start of a wider conversation

Adelaide is classed as a regional city by the federal government.

I believe it has something to do with settling what comes from the third world, with government subsidies for their wages paid by employers, government hand outs for houses and cars. They do give some wage subsidies for elderly workers too though. So not all our money is wasted for no good reason.

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

#2826 Post by crawf » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:34 am

To their defence, that article mostly referred to the massive protests in Sydney and Melbourne which are our two largest cities. Compared to them, Adelaide is a smaller city and our protest was on a much smaller scale.

Speaking of News.com.au I've noticed alot more SA tourism articles on there, focusing on the rooftop bars, laneways, festivals, Adelaide Oval climb and the regions. Adelaide's reputation is slowly improving.

mshagg
Legendary Member!

#2827 Post by mshagg » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:28 am

crawf wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:34 am
Speaking of News.com.au I've noticed alot more SA tourism articles on there, focusing on the rooftop bars, laneways, festivals, Adelaide Oval climb and the regions. Adelaide's reputation is slowly improving.
These things don't happen by accident. I'd say either someone at SA Tourism Commission has found a welcoming ear within nooz dot com (a lot of them are journos and spin doctors themselves) or they're outright paying for the coverage.

ghs
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#2828 Post by ghs » Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:15 pm

rev wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:26 pm
Will wrote:

Adelaide is classed as a regional city by the federal government.
This is true. Quite a lot of foreigners on temporary visas move from the other cities to Adelaide because they can get an extra
5 points towards permanent residency because Adelaide is a country town.

Jaymz
Legendary Member!

#2829 Post by Jaymz » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:24 pm

mshagg wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:28 am
crawf wrote:
These things don't happen by accident. I'd say either someone at SA Tourism Commission has found a welcoming ear within nooz dot com (a lot of them are journos and spin doctors themselves) or they're outright paying for the coverage.
I've noticed this too and i'd be certain they're being paid for i.e if they have "Sponsored Content" written on the article link.

rev

#2830 Post by rev » Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:16 am

Jaymz wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:24 pm
mshagg wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:28 am
crawf wrote:
I've noticed this too and i'd be certain they're being paid for i.e if they have "Sponsored Content" written on the article link.
There is actually many, many foreigners living and working here, sponsored by businesses, mostly big businesses. It's a sham and rort of the system with so many unemployed here. But it gets worse, much worse.

The government is paying big companies subsidies to hire foreigners to get them into employment.
Not a damn thing of that magnitude is being done to get our AUSTRALIAN unemployed into work.

Waewick

#2831 Post by Waewick » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:05 pm

So biggest users of foreign working visas....the State Labor government.

Well until the feds removed it, not sure who will be doing the work that many Auatrlaians simply wont do.

rev

#2832 Post by rev » Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:02 am

What a load of bs that Australians won’t do certain paid work.

Most cleaners you used to see where locals. Today they are almost entirely foreigners on visas.
Same with security in general.
Same with taxi drivers.
How many of those foreign bus drivers do you think are here on visas? Most.
Seen the nursing situation lately? As bad as the above professions. It’s so bad they’ve had to ban staff from speaking in languages other then English in certain areas of hospitals.

The company running the nRAH, Spotless(which the SA health minister publicly blamed for the problems in the operation of the nRAH), has rejected a majority of Australian applicants for jobs ranging from security, orderlies and cleaners, and hired predominantly foreigners here on visas.

Nursing, a lot whom are agency nurses and sent to hospitals, should have everyone worried.

Did Gina the mining tycoon bother to look f she could find Australians to work in her mines? She wanted foreigners on visas which she could pay less, and get subsidies for.

Some mining operations were flying Kiwis in and out, others were flying South Africans in and out, and one even used FIFO workers from the Philippines.

Oh I know, you’re talking about the fruit picking jobs right?
You go out ther work for black money at only $10/hour.

The Scooter Guy

#2833 Post by The Scooter Guy » Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:04 pm

Reddit User 'galah1' has unearthed the 'extended version' of the Bunnings ad theme from the mid 1990s!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ph44uC-d00Q
For starters, my avatar is the well-known Adelaide Aquatic Centre insignia from 1989.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWk8YPx2zHziHgvyPy_9fxQ
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ryanthescooterguy/
http://ryansbedroom.tumblr.com/

Waewick

#2834 Post by Waewick » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:04 pm

rev wrote:What a load of bs that Australians won’t do certain paid work.

Most cleaners you used to see where locals. Today they are almost entirely foreigners on visas.
Same with security in general.
Same with taxi drivers.
How many of those foreign bus drivers do you think are here on visas? Most.
Seen the nursing situation lately? As bad as the above professions. It’s so bad they’ve had to ban staff from speaking in languages other then English in certain areas of hospitals.

The company running the nRAH, Spotless(which the SA health minister publicly blamed for the problems in the operation of the nRAH), has rejected a majority of Australian applicants for jobs ranging from security, orderlies and cleaners, and hired predominantly foreigners here on visas.

Nursing, a lot whom are agency nurses and sent to hospitals, should have everyone worried.

Did Gina the mining tycoon bother to look f she could find Australians to work in her mines? She wanted foreigners on visas which she could pay less, and get subsidies for.

Some mining operations were flying Kiwis in and out, others were flying South Africans in and out, and one even used FIFO workers from the Philippines.

Oh I know, you’re talking about the fruit picking jobs right?
You go out ther work for black money at only $10/hour.
In all seriousness if you believe that first sentence you are in greater denial than i expected.

You only need talk to any business owner or recruitment professional to realise that there is a population of people out there who will refuse to work or refuse a job for some fairly ordinary reasons.

Its an issue, but to be fair probably not ad big as an issue as underemployment and people just giving up and moving interstate.

Hooligan
Legendary Member!

#2835 Post by Hooligan » Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:05 pm

Code: Select all

Signature removed