Beer Garden

Anything goes here.. :) Now with Beer Garden for our smoking patrons.
[Shuz]
Super Size Scraper Poster!

Re: Beer Garden

#1186 Post by [Shuz] » Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:35 pm

Have a look on AdelaideNow, and tell me if you notice anything weird about the Rann's Grand Vision headline/flash image.
Any views and opinions expressed are of my own, and do not reflect the views or opinions of any organisation of which I have an affiliation with.

Nathan

#1187 Post by Nathan » Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:53 pm

[Shuz] wrote:Have a look on AdelaideNow, and tell me if you notice anything weird about the Rann's Grand Vision headline/flash image.
Is that Spire making a cameo in the background?

iTouch
Legendary Member!

#1188 Post by iTouch » Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:47 pm

What the fudge... Is this an AdelaideNow skyline stuff up?
Don't burn the Adelaide Parkland (preservation society)

metro
Legendary Member!

#1189 Post by metro » Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:48 pm

it's just as bad as ABC news using a skyline shot with 20-22 Currie St :x

Wayno
VIP Member
VIP Member

#1190 Post by Wayno » Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:13 pm

here's a few Adelaide & SA related videos from vimeo.com. enjoy!
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

#1191 Post by crawf » Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:30 pm

Nathan wrote:
[Shuz] wrote:Have a look on AdelaideNow, and tell me if you notice anything weird about the Rann's Grand Vision headline/flash image.

Idiots. Can we please oh please have a decent major newspaper/news website already?

Omicron

#1192 Post by Omicron » Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:54 pm

crawf wrote:
Nathan wrote:

Idiots. Can we please oh please have a decent major newspaper/news website already?
http://www.theaustralian.com.au

:cheers:

peas_and_corn
Legendary Member!

#1193 Post by peas_and_corn » Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:12 pm

The Australian has been going downhill for a while. Every now and then they have a good Op-ed, but there has been some tripe come out of there recently.

SRW
Donating Member
Donating Member

#1194 Post by SRW » Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:10 pm

Omicron wrote:
crawf wrote: Idiots. Can we please oh please have a decent major newspaper/news website already?
http://www.theaustralian.com.au

:cheers:
Nope, wrong answer.
Keep Adelaide Weird

[Shuz]

#1195 Post by [Shuz] » Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:04 pm

I have a question;

Has it ever occured in any democracy in the world, with a similar model of government like ours, at State or Federal level - that the sitting Prime Minister / President loses his/her seat, but their political party wins Government again?

For example; imagine if John Howard had lost his seat to Maxine McKew in 2007 Federal Election, but the Coalition still won power. What would happen then? Who becomes Prime Minister?
Any views and opinions expressed are of my own, and do not reflect the views or opinions of any organisation of which I have an affiliation with.

Wayno
VIP Member
VIP Member

#1196 Post by Wayno » Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:48 pm

[Shuz] wrote:I have a question;

Has it ever occured in any democracy in the world, with a similar model of government like ours, at State or Federal level - that the sitting Prime Minister / President loses his/her seat, but their political party wins Government again?

For example; imagine if John Howard had lost his seat to Maxine McKew in 2007 Federal Election, but the Coalition still won power. What would happen then? Who becomes Prime Minister?
Is it mandatory that a party leader must also be an MP?
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

Will
VIP Member
VIP Member

#1197 Post by Will » Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:07 pm

Wayno wrote:

Not necessarily, just look at the current leader of the opposition in QLD, Campbell Newman.

Nort

#1198 Post by Nort » Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:29 pm

Will wrote:
Wayno wrote:

Not necessarily, just look at the current leader of the opposition in QLD, Campbell Newman.
While Campbell Newman is leader of the LNP, he is not technically leader of the opposition. That role is currently held by Jeff Seeney, with an agreement being in place that if Campbell Newman is elected to the seat of Ashgrove at the coming election he will take on the role of parliamentary leader of the LNP.

Antony Green goes into detail, while also giving examples from Canada:

http://blogs.abc.net.au/antonygreen/201 ... an-mp.html

bm7500
Donating Member
Donating Member

#1199 Post by bm7500 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:42 am

For those who may be interested, the State Theatre Company have an Open Day at the Festival Theatre TODAY from 11am to 4pm.

Backstage tours of the Theatres and associated 'Behind the scenes' areas will be open to the public.

It may be a rare opportunity to see inside one of Adelaide's landmark building complexes.

www.statetheatrecompany.com.au
ADELAIDE SINGAPORE LONDON BERLIN AMSTERDAM PARIS TOKYO AUCKLAND DOHA DUBLIN HONG KONG BANGKOK REYKJAVIK ROME MADRID BUDAPEST COPENHAGEN ZURICH BRUSSELS VIENNA PRAGUE STOCKHOLM LUXEMBOURG BRATISLAVA NASSAU DUBAI BAHRAIN KUALA LUMPUR HELSINKI GENEVA

The Scooter Guy

#1200 Post by The Scooter Guy » Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:34 pm

The Road & Cycle training centre at Tea Tree Gully will be having its 30th birthday on October 29
http://www.teatreegully.sa.gov.au/page. ... d=0&c=6836
For starters, my avatar is the well-known Adelaide Aquatic Centre insignia from 1989.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWk8YPx2zHziHgvyPy_9fxQ
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ryanthescooterguy/
http://ryansbedroom.tumblr.com/