Beer Garden

Anything goes here.. :) Now with Beer Garden for our smoking patrons.
rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)

Re: Beer Garden

#2836 Post by rev » Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:08 pm

Waewick wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:04 pm
rev wrote:What a load of bs that Australians won’t do certain paid work.

Most cleaners you used to see where locals. Today they are almost entirely foreigners on visas.
Same with security in general.
Same with taxi drivers.
How many of those foreign bus drivers do you think are here on visas? Most.
Seen the nursing situation lately? As bad as the above professions. It’s so bad they’ve had to ban staff from speaking in languages other then English in certain areas of hospitals.

The company running the nRAH, Spotless(which the SA health minister publicly blamed for the problems in the operation of the nRAH), has rejected a majority of Australian applicants for jobs ranging from security, orderlies and cleaners, and hired predominantly foreigners here on visas.

Nursing, a lot whom are agency nurses and sent to hospitals, should have everyone worried.

Did Gina the mining tycoon bother to look f she could find Australians to work in her mines? She wanted foreigners on visas which she could pay less, and get subsidies for.

Some mining operations were flying Kiwis in and out, others were flying South Africans in and out, and one even used FIFO workers from the Philippines.

Oh I know, you’re talking about the fruit picking jobs right?
You go out ther work for black money at only $10/hour.
In all seriousness if you believe that first sentence you are in greater denial than i expected.

You only need talk to any business owner or recruitment professional to realise that there is a population of people out there who will refuse to work or refuse a job for some fairly ordinary reasons.

Its an issue, but to be fair probably not ad big as an issue as underemployment and people just giving up and moving interstate.
What crap, now you’re changing your argument lol.

First it’s the generalisation that Australians don’t want to do certain paid jobs.
Now you say that there’s some people who won’t work for various excuses.

So which is it? Aussies are lazy and too precious to do certain jobs, or some people don’t want to work?

Waewick
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#2837 Post by Waewick » Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:34 pm

Hooligan wrote:Image
Whilst i did lol, i wish it was that simple.

We do have a problem with people chosing to stay on welfare rather than taking a job that may require them to move or travel a distance they dont want to.

But as you see from Rev, we also have a problem with people who dont want migrants "taking our jobs" ( queue South Park episode).

You only have to look at regional centres who have jobs that can be advertised for months and from antedocal evidence (generally stories i hear 1st hand or hear 2nd hand) these jobs either don't get filled, which costs the economy in unfulfilled growth or are filled via the various skilled migration options.

Why is that a problem for SA you ask?

Well at the moment without international migration we are a negatively growing state in terms of population

http://www.abs.gov.au/AUSSTATS/[email protected]/mf/3412.0

Now many will be aware that the feds just changed the rules on visas with the
457s or the new equivalents to be harder to get as well as making it harder for foriegn students to move to permanent residenancy.

This is bad news for SA which has relied on OS migration to keep growing. There are expactations that SA international migration could halve.

Now as we know Jay is a anti migration fan, but i dont think he understands the ramifications of the State moving to negative population growth. Just so we are clear, it wont be good.

As we also know our population make up is skewed to those under 15 and those over 50. So as the population shrinks it will exaggerate these issues with more people moving interstate for jobs leaving less working adults here.

I realise the vast majority of posters on here dont see it this way and that is fine.

I just wanted to explain a part reason why a 100m expansion of a tram isnt going to convince me to vote Labor. I want to stay in Adelaide and i hope my kids can too ( but i highly doubt it).

Waewick

#2838 Post by Waewick » Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:35 pm

rev wrote:
Waewick wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:04 pm
rev wrote:What a load of bs that Australians won’t do certain paid work.

Most cleaners you used to see where locals. Today they are almost entirely foreigners on visas.
Same with security in general.
Same with taxi drivers.
How many of those foreign bus drivers do you think are here on visas? Most.
Seen the nursing situation lately? As bad as the above professions. It’s so bad they’ve had to ban staff from speaking in languages other then English in certain areas of hospitals.

The company running the nRAH, Spotless(which the SA health minister publicly blamed for the problems in the operation of the nRAH), has rejected a majority of Australian applicants for jobs ranging from security, orderlies and cleaners, and hired predominantly foreigners here on visas.

Nursing, a lot whom are agency nurses and sent to hospitals, should have everyone worried.

Did Gina the mining tycoon bother to look f she could find Australians to work in her mines? She wanted foreigners on visas which she could pay less, and get subsidies for.

Some mining operations were flying Kiwis in and out, others were flying South Africans in and out, and one even used FIFO workers from the Philippines.

Oh I know, you’re talking about the fruit picking jobs right?
You go out ther work for black money at only $10/hour.
In all seriousness if you believe that first sentence you are in greater denial than i expected.

You only need talk to any business owner or recruitment professional to realise that there is a population of people out there who will refuse to work or refuse a job for some fairly ordinary reasons.

Its an issue, but to be fair probably not ad big as an issue as underemployment and people just giving up and moving interstate.
What crap, now you’re changing your argument lol.

First it’s the generalisation that Australians don’t want to do certain paid jobs.
Now you say that there’s some people who won’t work for various excuses.

So which is it? Aussies are lazy and too precious to do certain jobs, or some people don’t want to work?
A bit of both. Doesnt have to be as black and white as you would like.

rev

#2839 Post by rev » Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:49 pm

Of course there’s people too lazy to work, no matter what they are offered or what the job is.
That doesn’t mean it’s someyhing exclusive to all unemployed Australians.
It’s rather racist to say Australians are too lazy to work.
I’ve had this argument with Indians and Pakis who here on visas and have their wages subsidised by the government hence employers hire them for the financial gains.

Not enough is being done to educate/train locals and get them into work.
Instead our governments are making it easier for people from the third world to come here and find employment.

We should be looking after Australia and Australians FIRST.

If we can’t or aren’t helping our own, why the hell are we giving hand outs to foreigners?

So we have a shortage of workers in Australia?
No we have a problem of unemployment and under employment. Instead of addressing these issues governments are basically shipping over the third world and subsidising their wages.

But hey, ordinary Australians aren’t contributing millions to politicians campaign funds, businesses and corporations are.
Gotta look after their sugar daddies and mummies. Who cares if they screw up the country and the social fabric in the mean time.

Waewick

#2840 Post by Waewick » Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:56 pm

People have to want to be trained and have to want to learn or even move to where a job is (or travel).

There in lies the problem with only focusing on what we have.

But i do agree however that more needa to be done in training people in ways which well get them jobs.

The Scooter Guy

#2841 Post by The Scooter Guy » Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:29 pm

In my case, this song goes great with Grenfell Street!
For starters, my avatar is the well-known Adelaide Aquatic Centre insignia from 1989.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWk8YPx2zHziHgvyPy_9fxQ
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ryanthescooterguy/
http://ryansbedroom.tumblr.com/

HiTouch
Legendary Member!

#2842 Post by HiTouch » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:37 pm

Stephen Hawking has passed away!!

timtam20292
Legendary Member!

#2843 Post by timtam20292 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:58 pm

I am shocked to say the least. How unexpected.

RIP Stephen Hawking :cry:

Spurdo
High Rise Poster!

#2844 Post by Spurdo » Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:59 pm

Senate inquiry to investigate dust pollution from power station ‘ash lake’ that blanketed Port Augusta
Peter Jean, Political Reporter, The Advertiser

DUST pollution from an “ash dam” at the former Northern Power Station site which blanketed Port Augusta will be investigated by a Senate inquiry.

Toxic pollution from the site still periodically drifts across Port Augusta after thick plumes caused health problems for residents in 2016 and 2017.

The Senate this week agreed an existing inquiry into the rehabilitation of resources projects should be expanded to include ash dams at former mines and power stations.

Nick Xenophon Team Senator Rex Patrick said he held serious concerns about ash dam remediation at Port Augusta and the health consequences for residents.

“I recognise that this is a national problem which also requires a national solution to ensure proper rehabilitation of all power station sites across Australia,’’ Senator Patrick said.

“A ‘clean-as-you-go’ approach may be necessary.’’

Port Augusta Mayor Sam Johnson said Flinders Power was trying to address the problem by using compacted soil in which native vegetation has been planted.

“As soon as you get an event like a big southerly wind it blows all the seeds around,’’ he said.

“You still do get [dust] flare ups, particularly at this time of year when it’s dry and you get a big southerly wind.’’

Labor and the Greens supported the ash dam inquiry but the Federal Government argued against it because the rehabilitation of former resource and power stations is generally a state responsibility.

Federal Resources Minister Matt Canavan will today call for the Australian resources sector to further develop its expertise at rehabilitating former project sites.

He will announce the establishment of a task force to work with the government on developing the resources industry.

rev

#2845 Post by rev » Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:15 pm

I can't believe the media frenzy like vultures over our cricketers at the moment.
If only the media gave as much of a shit about our lying, cheating, corrupt and under performing politicians in this country....

[Shuz]

#2846 Post by [Shuz] » Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:20 pm

I'm not a fan of the cricket but I do think the "frenzy" is justified.

Its a matter of trust and respect. We trust and respect our sporting heroes more than our politicians. We're used to politicians cheating and rotting the system and taking voters for mugs. It's not a surprise anymore.

Whereas for our cricketers who have made it to the international league and are the best of the best to cheat in their sport, it's shocking and should be met with outrage. Think about the damage Lance Armstrong did to cycling. Think about the damage the Bombers did to AFL.The same is playing out for cricket.
Any views and opinions expressed are of my own, and do not reflect the views or opinions of any organisation of which I have an affiliation with.

Ho Really

#2847 Post by Ho Really » Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:02 pm

rev wrote:
Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:15 pm
I can't believe the media frenzy like vultures over our cricketers at the moment.
If only the media gave as much of a shit about our lying, cheating, corrupt and under performing politicians in this country....
I agree...

Cricket is only a small fraction of what goes on in life. Politicians worldwide are the ones that do us the most harm.
[Shuz] wrote:
Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:20 pm
I'm not a fan of the cricket but I do think the "frenzy" is justified.

Its a matter of trust and respect. We trust and respect our sporting heroes more than our politicians. We're used to politicians cheating and rotting the system and taking voters for mugs. It's not a surprise anymore.

Whereas for our cricketers who have made it to the international league and are the best of the best to cheat in their sport, it's shocking and should be met with outrage. Think about the damage Lance Armstrong did to cycling. Think about the damage the Bombers did to AFL.The same is playing out for cricket.
...and I also agree to a certain point.

As role models to some yes. Cheating and lying is not a trait kids need to learn. Hope there's a lesson here for our kids (and parents). The frenzy though I don't agree. Get to the bottom of the story and end it. I say. Anyhow, that's how the media works. They are like sharks circling the prey. But I see them worse than that. They are cannabils. They'll even eat their own if the opportunity arises. As an ex-photojournalist I honestly hate the media. My :2cents:

Cheers
Confucius say: Dumb man climb tree to get cherry, wise man spread limbs.

The Scooter Guy

#2848 Post by The Scooter Guy » Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:32 pm

The ferris wheel in Glenelg is to be dismantled soon:
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/messenger ... 6040b23187
For starters, my avatar is the well-known Adelaide Aquatic Centre insignia from 1989.

rev

#2849 Post by rev » Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:47 pm

Good, it's a fucking embarrassment.

The Scooter Guy

#2850 Post by The Scooter Guy » Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:49 pm

rev wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:47 pm
Good, it's a f***ing embarrassment.
And plagued with flaws too.

NB: Swearing is not allowed and will not be tolerated.