Beer Garden

Anything goes here.. :) Now with Beer Garden for our smoking patrons.
rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)

Re: Beer Garden

#2941 Post by rev » Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:07 pm

Maybe not actual solar panels like that, but there's a WA company that has developed windows with solar built in.

https://reneweconomy.com.au/wa-designed ... ion-52522/

Maybe that technology can be adapted for roof panels for stadiums?
Or perhaps Adelaidian could be covered in these window panels? Would probably drive up the costs quite a bit. But imagine pairing these up with some Tesla storage units for each apartment, or the building as a whole.

rev

#2942 Post by rev » Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:52 pm

On Twitter, Ms Hanson-Young said such “pro-nazi slogans” weren’t welcome in Adelaide.

“This white supremacist slogan has no place in Adelaide and no place in 2018,” she told The Advertiser.

Ms Hanson-Young said thewhite supremacist slogan was a direct attack on the state’s welcoming, multicultural community.

“I have referred this vile racism to the police,” she said.
https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/sou ... 03954a7b55

This may, or may not, have been put up by a white supremacist.
Or maybe it was put up by someone whose fed up of every ethnic, religious, or other group getting everything, while being white, straight, or christian, or all three, is now demonized?
Maybe it's just someone, or some group, that have had enough, and wand equality?

Not that I agree with putting up banners or posters on public property.

But how is it a pro-nazi slogan?
How is it racist?
How is it a white-supremacist slogan?

Holy shit can this clown Sarah Hanson Young become anymore unhinged from reality if she tried?

She's triggered over someone (presumably white and presumably not some delusion attention seeking troll trying to stir shit) saying that it's ok to be white?
Would she be so offended and outraged and wasting the police's time and resources if it the signs said it's ok to be LGBTQ? or It's ok to be black? or anything other then white?....Clearly she wouldn't, based on past form from this self hating clown.
Why not just take the sign down and put it in the bin instead of wasting the police's time with a non issue. You know, the mature sensible thing to do. Or is that too much to expect from someone like her?

We are a multicultural society, and it's ok for every non-white group to express their pride. But when White Australians express their pride, by simply saying its ok to be white, suddenly expressing pride in your ethnicity or race is racist, offensive, and pro nazi.

:wallbash:

The sooner this psychotic clown is voted out of politics the better.
This sort of divisive bullshit that idiots like her promote and push into the public realm is more damaging to our society then some idiot putting up a sign that says its ok to be white or gay or whatever the hell they want to say.

She clearly has no respect for her position and the authority and responsibility that comes with it, and would rather continue to use her position in the senate to stir trouble in our society and push her warped political ideology. While I despise the Greens and don't agree with them, and that DiNatale guy is a clown as well at least his malice is calculated, whereas she often comes across as being completely unhinged and far removed from reality.

Get her out of the public realm, and off the tax payers tit.
Clowns like Sarah Hanson Young don't belong on the public payroll.
Last edited by rev on Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Goodsy
Legendary Member!

#2943 Post by Goodsy » Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:56 pm

You need to look at the history of the phrase.

On the surface there's nothing wrong with it, and that's the whole point.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/It%27s_OK_to_be_white

rev

#2944 Post by rev » Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:06 pm

Goodsy wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:56 pm

She's proved the point of the original intent of the slogan perfectly.

So according to Sarah Hanson Young, she's indirectly saying I have no right to be proud to be white....?
But she's more then happy to celebrate so called diversity with non-white groups..
Diversity and equality, so long as you're not white.

rhino
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#2945 Post by rhino » Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:08 pm

rev wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:52 pm
Why not just take the sign down and put it in the bin instead of wasting the police's time with a non issue. You know, the mature sensible thing to do.
Or put up another one nearby saying "It's Okay to be Black", and another saying "It's okay to be Transgender" and another saying "It's okay to be Jewish" etc, etc.

Use their own tool against them. If they deface the new posters (e.g. by introducing the word NOT), you will know what they're really about. If they don't, then the signs could actually be inclusive.
cheers,
Rhino

Goodsy
Legendary Member!

#2946 Post by Goodsy » Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:09 pm

rev wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:06 pm
Goodsy wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:56 pm

She's proved the point of the original intent of the slogan perfectly.

So according to Sarah Hanson Young, she's indirectly saying I have no right to be proud to be white....?
But she's more then happy to celebrate so called diversity with non-white groups..
Diversity and equality, so long as you're not white.
She's proving it, and so are you. It's a meaningless phrase that's meant to rile up both sides

rev

#2947 Post by rev » Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:15 pm

rhino wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:08 pm
rev wrote:
Why not just take the sign down and put it in the bin instead of wasting the police's time with a non issue. You know, the mature sensible thing to do.
Or put up another one nearby saying "It's Okay to be Black", and another saying "It's okay to be Transgender" and another saying "It's okay to be Jewish" etc, etc.

Use their own tool against them. If they deface the new posters (e.g. by introducing the word NOT), you will know what they're really about. If they don't, then the signs could actually be inclusive.
How about "It's ok to be YOU".
Whatever YOU is, whatever colour, creed, or sexuality. Who the fuck cares. Keep it to your self, be proud, be whatever. Does the rest of the world need to know about it?

This is the problem that's been created though. You have these people like her, who want to push this diversity in everyone's face. But what they never say is that it comes with strings attached and clauses. Diversity and equality, yes, but if you're white and you dare say you're proud of it, well, you see how people like her react over a simple A4 piece of paper with some printed text on it.

rhino

#2948 Post by rhino » Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:22 pm

rev wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:15 pm
rhino wrote:
rev wrote:

Whatever YOU is, whatever colour, creed, or sexuality. Who the fuck cares. Keep it to your self, be proud, be whatever. Does the rest of the world need to know about it?
I thought about that, but it's actually not okay to be you and be proud of it if you are a bigot or a misogynist or a racist, or a drug dealer, or a sexual predator, or a wife-basher - you get the picture. Some things are not acceptable and not okay to be.
cheers,
Rhino

SBD

#2949 Post by SBD » Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:30 pm

If it's not OK (or OKAY) for this piece of paper to be white, why did she not spill orange juice or coffee on it to help it to meet her ideal colour (or color) for pieces of paper?

I recognise that the phrase has been adopted as a catch-phrase by some objectionable people. However, if I avoid using any words or phrases that have ever been uttered by someone in support of ideals I don't agree with, I am likely to end up silent.

"It's OK to be rainbow" now has a meaning too, but a rainbow is just white spread out.

Goodsy
Legendary Member!

#2950 Post by Goodsy » Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:44 pm

SBD wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:30 pm
If it's not OK (or OKAY) for this piece of paper to be white, why did she not spill orange juice or coffee on it to help it to meet her ideal colour (or color) for pieces of paper?

I recognise that the phrase has been adopted as a catch-phrase by some objectionable people. However, if I avoid using any words or phrases that have ever been uttered by someone in support of ideals I don't agree with, I am likely to end up silent.

"It's OK to be rainbow" now has a meaning too, but a rainbow is just white spread out.
It wasn't adopted by them, it was created and spread by them

Nathan

#2951 Post by Nathan » Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:14 pm

Sure, it's totally about including whites when talking diversity and inequality. No racist intent at all.
https://www.watoday.com.au/politics/fed ... 50ddh.html

rev

#2952 Post by rev » Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:54 pm

rhino wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:22 pm
rev wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:15 pm
rhino wrote:

I thought about that, but it's actually not okay to be you and be proud of it if you are a bigot or a misogynist or a racist, or a drug dealer, or a sexual predator, or a wife-basher - you get the picture. Some things are not acceptable and not okay to be.
Of course, which is why the examples I gave didn’t include such things :wink:

HiTouch
Legendary Member!

#2953 Post by HiTouch » Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:06 am

Rather than "it's ok", they should have passed a motion for "are you ok?". Mental Health in this country is far more serious than what is portrayed. Especially in the Rural Areas that Pauline represents.

HiTouch
Legendary Member!

#2954 Post by HiTouch » Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:03 pm

Norman suggested the beer chat that we have all been so passionate about be chatted about here. So here we go:

There's a beer that has been sold at the Whitmore that was featured in this article:

https://citymag.indaily.com.au/habits/p ... e-square/

My thoughts: I like the beer's taste. I don't agree with all the messages though, in fact, I would rather the beer without the label.

Llessur2002

#2955 Post by Llessur2002 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:44 pm

Which beer, which message? Or all their beer and all of their messages?