Beer Garden

Anything goes here.. :) Now with Beer Garden for our smoking patrons.
Goodsy
Legendary Member!

Re: Beer Garden

#2731 Post by Goodsy » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:40 pm

rev wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:35 pm
Sad, sad day for Australian history.
A country divided.
Only selfish, hypocritical morons and twats would celebrate a divisive result.
17 out of 150 electorates voted no, hardly divisive

Llessur2002
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#2732 Post by Llessur2002 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:44 pm

rev wrote:
A country divided.
But only 38% of participating Australians voted against the outcome. In simple two-party voting terms that would be a stonking great landslide for the yes campaign. Plus, all but 11% of electorates voted yes, and every single state and territory recorded an overall yes vote. Had it been a referendum it would have romped home.

Time for the no campaign to start grasping at any possible straws to delegitimise the result...
Last edited by Llessur2002 on Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)

#2733 Post by rev » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:47 pm

GoodSmackUp wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:40 pm
rev wrote:
A country divided.
17 out of 150 electorates voted no, hardly divisive
7.8 mililon voted yes.
4.8 million voted no.

You think that's not divisive?

Nearly 40% of those who voted, voted no. That's a very large portion of the wider Australian community. This isn't a landslide victory. Far from it.
That's why this plebiscite shouldn't have happened, besides wasting tax payers money for something the parliament should have decided, and did vote on numerous occasions(voting no each time).
There was never going to be a landslide on either side.

It's lucky most Australians are apathetic towards political matters, otherwise this would have gotten fast nastier and would get even nastier now with this divisive result, more so then just a few militant neo communist gays attacking churches.

Llessur2002

#2734 Post by Llessur2002 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:58 pm

rev wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:47 pm
It's lucky most Australians are apathetic towards political matters, otherwise this would have gotten fast nastier and would get even nastier now with this divisive result, more so then just a few militant neo communist gays attacking churches.
The relative lack of nastiness has got nothing to do with Australians being apathetic towards political matters and everything to do with the vast majority of Australians not being intolerant, violent thugs.

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

#2735 Post by crawf » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:59 pm

rev wrote:
A country divided.
:cheers:

rev

#2736 Post by rev » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:39 pm

Llessur2002 wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:58 pm
rev wrote:
The relative lack of nastiness has got nothing to do with Australians being apathetic towards political matters and everything to do with the vast majority of Australians not being intolerant, violent thugs.
The only violence and vandalism, that I'm aware of, and that made the news, was from the Yes Campaign.

Over one third of those who voted, nearly 4 million people, voted no. Does that make 1/3 of Australia intolerant? This isn't a small minority group.

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

#2737 Post by crawf » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:33 pm

rev wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:39 pm
Llessur2002 wrote:
rev wrote:
The only violence and vandalism, that I'm aware of, and that made the news, was from the Yes Campaign.
You're kidding, right?

Llessur2002

#2738 Post by Llessur2002 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:36 pm

rev wrote:
Over one third of those who voted, nearly 4 million people, voted no. Does that make 1/3 of Australia intolerant? This isn't a small minority group.
That's the way democracy works, exactly the same as in any federal or state election in that a certain proportion of the voters will not see the outcome for which they voted (although in this case a greater proportion will have the outcome for which they directly voted over pretty much any election, state or federal, in Australia's history).

We had a vote, a clear majority voted for this outcome, politicians must now work to implement that outcome into law.

rev

#2739 Post by rev » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:42 pm

Llessur2002 wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:44 pm
rev wrote:
A country divided.
But only 38% of participating Australians voted against the outcome. In simple two-party voting terms that would be a stonking great landslide for the yes campaign. Plus, all but 11% of electorates voted yes, and every single state and territory recorded an overall yes vote. Had it been a referendum it would have romped home.

Time for the no campaign to start grasping at any possible straws to delegitimise the result...
Am I supposed to be part of the no campaign? :lol:

Shame that someone like your self, whose apparently an intelligent person, still can't grasp the fact that my only objection to this whole thing was that ssm not be forced upon religious institutions(including schools), and that the accompanying safe schools(which whether you want to admit it or not) which is part of the overall agenda with ssm and the whole million and one gender theories, not indoctrinate kids, that it be kept to what is relevant for children.
Not once did I say, in the many pages of arguing with sheep like you, that two gays should not be able to tie the knot like two straight people can.

rev

#2740 Post by rev » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:46 pm

crawf wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:33 pm
rev wrote:
Llessur2002 wrote:

You're kidding, right?
Show the violence from the No campaign then Crawf.
We've been debating this for a while now here, this issue has been an issue for even longer. I posted examples of the violence and vandalism from the yes campaign.
At what point did any of you refute it, or counter it? You didn't. You just launched personal attacks against me because you disagree with me saying that there should be protections for religious institutions(including schools), and businesses, if/when SSM was to be made legal. Sure I went onto other related issues like safe schools, which is part and parcel of the same agenda. But at no point did any of the facts I posted, or examples of the negatives overseas from ssm being legalized, did anyone refute it. The best anyone could come up with was it wont happen here because "reasons", where "reasons" stands in for because we don't want to talk about the inconvenient truth.

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#2741 Post by Ben » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:55 pm

Amazing to see such an overwhelming majority of people supporting the same cause.

Now time to move on to the yes campaigns next agenda - to pull down the churches and teach children how to be homosexuals - clearly i'm joking although some forum members will believe it is happening already, poor people. :hilarious:

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#2742 Post by Ben » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:57 pm

rev wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:42 pm
Llessur2002 wrote:
rev wrote:
A country divided.

Your avatar (which has quickly been changed) and "Militant right winged agenda" would have us believe yes.

rev

#2743 Post by rev » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:04 pm

Llessur2002 wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:36 pm
rev wrote:
That's the way democracy works, exactly the same as in any federal or state election in that a certain proportion of the voters will not see the outcome for which they voted (although in this case a greater proportion will have the outcome for which they directly voted over pretty much any election, state or federal, in Australia's history).

We had a vote, a clear majority voted for this outcome, politicians must now work to implement that outcome into law.

Actually the way our democracy works is we elect politicians to represent us in parliament.
The parliament over a number of years has voted on same sex marriage, and each time the parliament, regardless of who was in government and opposition, voted No.

The militant neo communists weren't content with that, because they didn't get what they wanted. So they kept pushing, and pushing, and we got a plebiscite.

Now, if the No campaign decides they aren't content with the result, and keep pushing and pushing like the other side did, and get things changed to suit them... Will you be happy with that? Will you accept that?
Democracy after all right?

Bottom line, for me anyway as has been my stance throughout but obviously missed by the dick heads, is not whether it gets legalized or not, but if it does get legalized, will there be sufficient protections in place for religious institutions(and their schools), and anyone else, to refuse services to same sex weddings. One of the two bills being proposed, has that proposed, the other does not.

This isn't a case of some fringe minority group of whackos belonging to some far out there cult being in opposition, this is a case where over one third of the general population, and national political leaders being in opposition.

Hopefully the idiots Turnbull and Shorten think like you, and want to ignore 4 million voting Australians. :cheers:

rev

#2744 Post by rev » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:05 pm

Ben wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:57 pm
rev wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:42 pm
Llessur2002 wrote:

Your avatar (which has quickly been changed) and "Militant right winged agenda" would have us believe yes.
My avatar was changed last week. Try and keep up.

Llessur2002

#2745 Post by Llessur2002 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:17 pm

rev wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:04 pm
Bottom line, for me anyway as has been my stance throughout but obviously missed by the dick heads, is not whether it gets legalized or not, but if it does get legalized, will there be sufficient protections in place for religious institutions(and their schools), and anyone else, to refuse services to same sex weddings.
But then if the Bernardi & Co campaign decides they aren't content with religious institutions just being able to refuse services to same sex weddings then they'll likely keep pushing for religious institutions to also be able to deny service to "brown people" and women, before moving on to implement their radical ultra right-wing religious agenda in schools.