Cars!!!

Anything goes here.. :) Now with Beer Garden for our smoking patrons.
thechap
High Rise Poster!

Re: Cars!!!

#31 Post by thechap » Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:04 am

Howie wrote: Got any pictures of it for us to have a look at? We could do a before and after, maybe it could be a s-a project car :) If you're doing it on the cheap, start by doing some things like cleaning the car up and getting it looking shmick. Spend a good weekend detailing it and degreasing the engine bay, possibly debadge the car to make it look cleaner, and have a shop around for some second hand late model sportivo corolla mag wheels. Maybe pick up a pod filter from autobarn, and try making a cold air box from some aluminum sheet. When funds permit, new cat-back exhaust, high-performance leads + spark plugs, etc. I'm sure once you get started it'll just snowball from there :)
This is pretty much it. Except its not an SR5, its an XL so theres no wanky spoiler thingy on the roof and the bumpers are grey plastic not part of the body...

"The Beauty of Grace is that it makes life not fair." - Relient K

Brando
Donating Member
Donating Member

#32 Post by Brando » Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:36 pm

Howie wrote:
Brando wrote:Sad thread guys. Had my car was stolen last Wed night at the Muse concert by the Entertainment Ctr. I did have a MY 00 Subaru WRX :evil:
Sorry to hear Brando :( That sure is a nice looking rex with the front mount and all. Was it alarmed? did you have insurance on it?
Cheers mate. Had full alarm, all black wiring, dual stage immob, batt back up, microwaves etc yet they still got it. No sign of glass breakage either, so they really knew what they were doing. Over $20k in mods, so i'm sure it's been stripped now. Insurance are investigating, but even they say the same thing as what i fear has happened.

Howie, when i rang the police to report it, the SAPOL operator said WRX theft was increasing again, BUT the main cars they're after at the moment are the SKYLINES!!!!!

Howie
VIP Member
VIP Member

#33 Post by Howie » Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:43 pm

Good gosh.. professional theft.. that's not good.
Brando wrote: Howie, when i rang the police to report it, the SAPOL operator said WRX theft was increasing again, BUT the main cars they're after at the moment are the SKYLINES!!!!!
Yeah apparently about 20-30 lines have been taken since around march, insurance premiums are already on the way up. This was an article a few months back.

Bulldozer
High Rise Poster!

#34 Post by Bulldozer » Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:16 pm

Brando wrote:Had full alarm, all black wiring, dual stage immob, batt back up, microwaves etc yet they still got it. No sign of glass breakage either, so they really knew what they were doing.
I wouldn't be surprised if they did the same thing bike thieves do: drag it into a truck and drive off.

stelaras
High Rise Poster!

#35 Post by stelaras » Thu Nov 22, 2007 8:25 am

Thats a real shame guys....One thing i detest is theft of property

When i bought my XU6, i upgraded the factory alarm, added a 3 stage immobiliser, added deadlocking to the doors and front wheel locking (so the car can not be dragged without seriously damaging it). However the best thing i added was what is known as a tilt switch.

Its like a "spirit level" for you car. Wherever you park it and on whatever road slope you park your car on. Once you activate the alarm, the "spirit level" adjusts and corrects itself to "being level" even though the car may be on a slope. If someone tries to either drag (in my case impossible) or lift the car onto its back wheels the indicator signals a change in balance and triggers the alarm. I set this trigger point to 1.5 degrees! There are two types (that i know of) a mercury filled one and a digital one (i installed the digital option)

Its very effective, as i caught 4 people attempting to brick my car to take my rims in my driveway when i lived in Adelaide...Lets just say that was an interesting night!