Sensational-Adelaide in Current Issue Adelaide Review

Anything goes here.. :) Now with Beer Garden for our smoking patrons.
Howie
VIP Member
VIP Member

Sensational-Adelaide in Current Issue Adelaide Review

#1 Post by Howie » Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:19 pm

Hi all,

Just like to make a note, that thanks to Lachlan Colquhoun - Editor the Adelaide Review, and now also Rip It Up and Onion - Sensational-Adelaide got a bit of a plug.

We had a sit down chat this week, regarding the website, issues currently in Adelaide, the construction boom we're currently experiencing, a some of the future directions the Adelaide Review is going in. It was refreshing to see that Lachlan himself who's worked all around the world and made a bit of a name for himself in journalism and media has come back to Adelaide and sees all the positive things that are now happening in the city the way we see it.

Anyhow if you would like to check out the article pick up the Adelaide Review or have a look here.
http://www.sensational-adelaide.com/ima ... review.pdf

Thanks,

Howie

Brando
Donating Member
Donating Member

Re: Sensational-Adelaide in Current Issue Adelaide Review

#2 Post by Brando » Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:25 pm

^^^Well done Howie and everyone else for making this site a success. I have been on here since 2005 and enjoy jumping on most days to see the latest. I used to buy the paper everyday to try catch what was happening in town. Now, thanks to all of you, i can come home and see the latest before it would even hit the news stands.

Well done guys.

AtD
VIP Member
VIP Member

#3 Post by AtD » Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:26 pm

Congrats Howie. It'd be interesting to see if there's any significant jump in site traffic.

Howie
VIP Member
VIP Member

#4 Post by Howie » Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:32 pm

Sunday was our record number of hits.. that coincided with Sunday Mail making a mention of us in the Vic Park Browned off Article (did I say thanks to s-a member phoenixx for mentioning us? I think i did already but if i haven't thanks again).

Hopefully some hits will come through from Adelaide review, although they've kindly been linking us in their useful links page on their revamped website since about september.

Shuz
Banned
Banned

#5 Post by Shuz » Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:36 pm

Congratulations to Howie, and all of our members. The contribution that we have made here is overwhelming, and for the recent media press that we have recieved in both the Sunday Mail and the Adelaide Review is just fantastic. The recognition that we now have by councils, government, media has propelled our position as a vocally supportive alternative to anti-development groups.

I feel proud to be a part of S.A.

stelaras
High Rise Poster!

#6 Post by stelaras » Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:42 pm

great stuff there Howie!

As an ex Adelaidean (work choice) i look to this site for information. Whenever i come back home i recognise the new buildings and developments that i have read and commented on in this site. Sometimes, i feel i know more about it that some of my friends and family..

Anyway, im rambling, great stuff i know i appreciate the efforts of the many ppl that keep this site and its members up to date!

PS

This is my 400th post...

muzzamo
Legendary Member!

#7 Post by muzzamo » Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:58 pm

Just out of interest howie what sort of "computer programming" (as they put it) do you do?

Howie
VIP Member
VIP Member

#8 Post by Howie » Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:33 pm

Thanks for the support everyone.

muzzamo - Currently doing MIS/DB/Web applications ... mainly playing with J2EE/SQL, but also do a bit of active directory stuff. It's a great environment to work in... there's a bit of everything.

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

#9 Post by crawf » Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:07 pm

Awesome news, I remember you saying there was going to be a write up on S-A in the Adelaide Review.

I must say the revamp of the Adelaide Review has been fantastic, it really does rival the Advertiser with its stories.

Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member

#10 Post by Norman » Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:35 pm

Next stop: The Independant Weekly :)

Shuz
Banned
Banned

#11 Post by Shuz » Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:02 pm

crawf wrote:Awesome news, I remember you saying there was going to be a write up on S-A in the Adelaide Review.

I must say the revamp of the Adelaide Review has been fantastic, it really does rival the Advertiser with its stories.
You're kidding me right? The Advertiser is a dirty piece of trash, with a degree of journalism comparable to a 2nd grade kid's report on dinosaurs. All the tabloid crap and endless whinging from pathetic columnists who can't even get their heads around to what they are criticizing upon. The Adelaide Review is so much better than that dirty trash so called our state newspaper. News Ltd. should really pull thier heads out of thier butts and stop writing up utter crap.
Last edited by Shuz on Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

ynotsfables
High Rise Poster!

#12 Post by ynotsfables » Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:31 am

Well done Howie may this website live long and prosper, along with this fine city.
Our say may go along way some day.

trdrz
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#13 Post by trdrz » Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:58 am

:mrgreen:
Last edited by trdrz on Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Edgar
Legendary Member!

#14 Post by Edgar » Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:07 pm

Well done Howie and to everyone here, I've seen this site grow, which is very pleasant.
Visit my website at http://www.edgarchieng.com for more photos of Adelaide and South Australia.

Hoops
Donating Member
Donating Member

#15 Post by Hoops » Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:17 pm

Coming from the "If you don't have anything worth saying don't" school of thought. I've found it hard to find something to make a first post about. Having been reading the forum top to bottom for I believe a little over a month or 2 I've almost read everything from top to bottom. I must say though I enjoy of a night and/or morning depending on when I start I do enjoy coming on here to read whats been posted/make some more headway into what I haven't read. Unfortunately due to my age many are at first critical of my opinion on certain issues however I believe when I explain that thought well enough people forget my age and listen to what I have to comment. This was clearly evident after the recent election when I was voicing my Opinion to anyone that wanted to hear it. I signed the Pro Victoria Park Development Petition and tried encouraging my friends to sign also, However they are of the "It doesn't effect me so I'm against it" school of thought. However after talking to them and raising some of the issues brought up on this site. I believe I have them to at least "It doesn't effect me so I'm Impartial"

Anyway enough about me... Congratulations on the site getting the praise/media attention it deserves and well done to those that brought it about....

Hopefully more to come, Say in the future I do happen to find something out worth posting I will, however now I've made a first post will most likely comment more often.