The SA Politics Thread

Anything goes here.. :) Now with Beer Garden for our smoking patrons.
rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)

Re: The SA Politics Thread

#991 Post by rev » Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:45 am

Nathan wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 12:20 pm
What's with this inflammatory shit in the middle of the article?

Screen Shot 2019-05-31 at 12.16.55 pm.png

I don't see whats inflammatory about it.
I think it perfectly highlights the detachment from reality that these politicians have. This guy wants to make it a matter for the UN, when there's so much suffering and misery in the world, he thinks whether he has an office is an important issue for a body like the UN. On top of that, he is paid a ridiculous amount of money that none of these politicians should be on anyway, and while most South Australians are stressing about whether they'll be able to pay the next quarters bills, keep their car running , feed their kids, and so on, this idiot is worried about the government releasing tax payers money to fund an office and fit out for him.

Aren't Labor meant to be for the common man? But he here is, the guy who spent $150,000 of tax payers money gallivanting around the world in a year while being paid over $300,000 as a government minister, crying foul and wanting to go to the UN over a tax payer funded office.

I guess the quarter of a million dollars in tax payers money that he gets paid annually isn't enough for him.

And they wonder why they lose votes to independents and smaller parties.

And just think, we have what 69 of these politicians in both houses of parliament earning 6 figure salaries, and hundreds if not thousands of staffers for them.
We get fees and levies increased, or new ones added to cover budget shortfalls, but they get pay increases that are equivalent to the annual income of probably half of all South Australians.
They want to cut costs? They should start by trimming the tens of millions they are costing us.

They should start by cutting their offices. What in a building the size of Parliament house, they don't have room for 69 offices? I'm sure they could share. Didn't the Liberals say we have a budget emergency in SA?
Our kids are stuffed into classrooms. Why can't politicians be stuffed into offices?

rhino
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#992 Post by rhino » Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:28 pm

rev wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:45 am
They should start by cutting their offices. What in a building the size of Parliament house, they don't have room for 69 offices? I'm sure they could share. Didn't the Liberals say we have a budget emergency in SA?
Our kids are stuffed into classrooms. Why can't politicians be stuffed into offices?
Yes, what better way to serve your constituents than to make it almost impossible for them to reach you. Good plan.
cheers,
Rhino

rhino

#993 Post by rhino » Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:38 pm

SBD wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:35 am
I have no idea where he lives, whether he is complaining about having to drive too far to his office, or whether he wants an office in the electorate because his home is not.
He's complaining on behalf of his constituents, that they now have to go outside their electorate to get to his office, due to the boundary shift.

He has found a suitable office within his electorate (in the Aldinga area, I believe), but he is a member of the opposition, and the government has not released money for the lease, fit-out, or move, apparently despite supplying all their own members with offices within their electorates.. It's party politics at its best.
cheers,
Rhino

rev

#994 Post by rev » Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:07 pm

rhino wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:28 pm
rev wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:45 am
Yes, what better way to serve your constituents than to make it almost impossible for them to reach you. Good plan.
So if some over paid politician doesn't have a tax payer funded office, with tax payer funded staff to run it, constituents wont be able to get in touch?
Interesting, apparently rhino lives in a previous century.

There's telephone services. There's mobile phones which everyone has. Everyone has an email address as well, even if you don't have one provided by your internet provider (if you don't have internet), you have one through your mobile phone either an email through Gmail if your phone is running Android or an icloud email if you are running a iPhone.
Even more non traditional methods exist, such as Facebook messenger, which many businesses already use for customers and clients to contact them with their grievances and issues. Apparently 21st century technology though isn't good enough for South Australia's government and rhino.

Apparently though our politicians need to have tens of millions of tax payers money wasted on offices and a small army of staffers to run them, write their speeches, do their research, etc.
Apparently centralizing all these overpaid crooks in one building is a bad idea, even if it will save tens of millions of dollars that could be better spent elsewhere on things that this state and it's people actually need.

Btw, let me be the first to welcome you to the 21st century rhino. You'll love the color photocopiers that their staffers use to mass print letters with their 'signature' on them. :applause:

rev

#995 Post by rev » Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:09 pm

rhino wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:38 pm
SBD wrote:
I have no idea where he lives, whether he is complaining about having to drive too far to his office, or whether he wants an office in the electorate because his home is not.
He's complaining on behalf of his constituents, that they now have to go outside their electorate to get to his office, due to the boundary shift.

He has found a suitable office within his electorate (in the Aldinga area, I believe), but he is a member of the opposition, and the government has not released money for the lease, fit-out, or move, apparently despite supplying all their own members with offices within their electorates.. It's party politics at its best.
Apparently Leon Bignell doesn't have any 21st century methods of contact. He needs a tax payer funded office, complete with a tax payer funded fit out and tax payer funded staff to run it, for people to contact him. :hilarious:

Do tax payers need to buy him a new smartphone too?

He's good to blow $150,000 of his constituents money on international travel in a single year though.

rhino

#996 Post by rhino » Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:22 pm

Your transparency astounds me.
cheers,
Rhino

Nort

#997 Post by Nort » Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:29 pm

It is very interesting the things that Rev considers are and aren't worth massive amounts of taxpayer dollars.

SBD

#998 Post by SBD » Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:45 pm

rev wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:09 pm
rhino wrote:
SBD wrote:

Apparently Leon Bignell doesn't have any 21st century methods of contact. He needs a tax payer funded office, complete with a tax payer funded fit out and tax payer funded staff to run it, for people to contact him. :hilarious:

He's good to blow $150,000 of his constituents money on international travel in a single year though.
I have no issue with him having an electorate office separate from his parliamentary office. The Hackham office was his Mawson office before the boundary shift at the last election (there's a nice reflection of a Google car in one of the streetview images). As a result of the boundary shift, the Hackham office is now in Kaurna, and he picked up another electorate office in Kingscote (previously used by Michael Pengilly as the member for Finniss). That's presumably too far for him to travel from wherever he lives, and isn't served by public transport (like most of the rest of the electorate).

rev

#999 Post by rev » Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:54 pm

Nort wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:29 pm
It is very interesting the things that Rev considers are and aren't worth massive amounts of taxpayer dollars.
Do elaborate..your attempts at character assassination is getting boring. Add some substance instead of pathetic one liners, if you have the capacity.

rev

#1000 Post by rev » Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:55 pm

rhino wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:22 pm
Great response.
I take it since you've taken to having a dig at me you're giving up trying to defend politicians wasting tax payers money and being over paid?

rev

#1001 Post by rev » Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:03 pm

SBD wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:45 pm
rev wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:09 pm
rhino wrote:

I have no issue with him having an electorate office separate from his parliamentary office. The Hackham office was his Mawson office before the boundary shift at the last election (there's a nice reflection of a Google car in one of the streetview images). As a result of the boundary shift, the Hackham office is now in Kaurna, and he picked up another electorate office in Kingscote (previously used by Michael Pengilly as the member for Finniss). That's presumably too far for him to travel from wherever he lives, and isn't served by public transport (like most of the rest of the electorate).
Well yeh, Im aware. Im arguing against them having electorate offices and being paid as much as they are, plus having a small army or staffers.

Isnt it astounding that while they maintain that level of extraordinary spending on the tax payers dime, they increase the cost of living on tax payers?

What is used more by the community, Service SA centers which are being cut back or a politicians electorate office?

rhino

#1002 Post by rhino » Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:06 pm

rev wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:55 pm
rhino wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:22 pm
Great response.
I take it since you've taken to having a dig at me you're giving up trying to defend politicians wasting tax payers money and being over paid?
Nah. I've decided you're not worth the effort.
cheers,
Rhino

Nort

#1003 Post by Nort » Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:50 pm

rev wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:54 pm
Nort wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:29 pm
Do elaborate..your attempts at character assassination is getting boring. Add some substance instead of pathetic one liners, if you have the capacity.
No.

rev

#1004 Post by rev » Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:20 pm

An interesting fact is neither of you had an issue when I was posting against the Liberal opposition.

Seem to only have a problem when posts are directed at crooked Labor politicians.

Wonder what the connection is..not that either of you would ever have the balls to be that open, youd rather sit there 'anonymously' throwing shit at people. :wink:

Many ways to skin a cat as they say..

:secret:

This little vendetta the two of you have, this childish behavior, is that pathetic that you sat there arguing against someone saying politicians should br paid less, and government spending/waste on them selves (politicians) should be reduced.

You two clearly havent realized how ridiculous you both appear. :lol:

[Shuz]

#1005 Post by [Shuz] » Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:28 pm

Any views and opinions expressed are of my own, and do not reflect the views or opinions of any organisation of which I have an affiliation with.