SA Economy

Anything goes here.. :) Now with Beer Garden for our smoking patrons.
rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)

Re: SA Economy

#301 Post by rev » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:09 am

Obsrever1 wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:13 am
Waewick wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:57 pm
Tom K is well, Tom K.
I am a long-time reader who has registered just to ask one thing: Can you cease injecting your propagandic Liberal bullshit into every thread?

We get it - you have a semi for Steven - but it is becoming tiring to read, and is plain fucking cringeworthy.

Cheers.
He's not wrong though.
And I don't see any Liberal slant in his post.

HiTouch
Legendary Member!

#302 Post by HiTouch » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:07 am

Obsrever1 wrote:
Waewick wrote:
Tom K is well, Tom K.
I am a long-time reader who has registered just to ask one thing: Can you cease injecting your propagandic Liberal bullshit into every thread?

We get it - you have a semi for Steven - but it is becoming tiring to read, and is plain fucking cringeworthy.

Cheers.
I don't think many people here hate Steven Marshall's Liberal party, they're just skeptical because of past SA Liberal party experiences which totally makes sense. I would go further to say people want this Liberal Party to succeed in bringing benefit. If they succeed, SA benefits.

The issue is people with many different definitions of success. Personally, I feel this Liberal party hasn't been hugely different to the Labor party albeit a little slower. We do have a strong economy which is a sign of a successful transition of government.

rhino
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#303 Post by rhino » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:17 am

HiTouch wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:07 am

I don't think many people here hate Steven Marshall's Liberal party, they're just skeptical because of past SA Liberal party experiences which totally makes sense. I would go further to say people want this Liberal Party to succeed in bringing benefit. If they succeed, SA benefits.

The issue is people with many different definitions of success. Personally, I feel this Liberal party hasn't been hugely different to the Labor party albeit a little slower. We do have a strong economy which is a sign of a successful transition of government.
Wise words. I agree.
cheers,
Rhino

Waewick

#304 Post by Waewick » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:08 pm

Obsrever1 wrote:
Waewick wrote:
Tom K is well, Tom K.

Cheers.
This is the SA economy thread.

So feel free to keep creeping. Flog.

Waewick

#305 Post by Waewick » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:09 pm

HiTouch wrote:
Obsrever1 wrote:
Waewick wrote:
Tom K is well, Tom K.

Cheers.

It is getting towards 6 months and we have nothing to show for it except payroll tax relief?

Going to be interesting what the budget does.

Goodsy
Legendary Member!

#306 Post by Goodsy » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:31 pm

how good is he
Legendary Member!

#307 Post by how good is he » Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:38 am

I posted the below in both the SA economy and SA Politic topic thread.. moderator please feel free to delete one & leave the one most suited to the topic.
Last edited by how good is he on Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:53 am, edited 4 times in total.

how good is he
Legendary Member!

#308 Post by how good is he » Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:42 am

I don’t want to get in a political debate but just curious on the forums thoughts on the state Lib govt so far. Obviously it’s too short a time period to pass any real judgement as it’s just 1/8 into their term. Most notable to me though is the lack of announcements though. Some may see this as a good thing as some said the previous govt was addicted to announcements. For me (and I’m not sure if it’s withdrawal symptoms from the previous Labour Govt’s regular announcements) but feel the Libs have done nothing/announced nothing new of any real significance to date. I get it that the budget is still to come and stay tuned....but I have also read the first 100 day plan by the Libs and am curious to see how much of what they proposed actually happens. I also know a lot of what was proposed was made conditional.
Some notable pre election statements like infrastructure SA, first $20m for the Glenelg Jetty $110m development, the major rail diversion and 24/7 freight airport, right hand tram turn - what’s the chance of these or others things actually happening vs just being analysed?

SBD

#309 Post by SBD » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:38 pm

how good is he wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:42 am
I don’t want to get in a political debate but just curious on the forums thoughts on the state Lib govt so far. Obviously it’s too short a time period to pass any real judgement as it’s just 1/8 into their term. Most notable to me though is the lack of announcements though. Some may see this as a good thing as some said the previous govt was addicted to announcements. For me (and I’m not sure if it’s withdrawal symptoms from the previous Labour Govt’s regular announcements) but feel the Libs have done nothing/announced nothing new of any real significance to date. I get it that the budget is still to come and stay tuned....but I have also read the first 100 day plan by the Libs and am curious to see how much of what they proposed actually happens. I also know a lot of what was proposed was made conditional.
Some notable pre election statements like infrastructure SA, first $20m for the Glenelg Jetty $110m development, the major rail diversion and 24/7 freight airport, right hand tram turn - what’s the chance of these or others things actually happening vs just being analysed?
We have an announced start on the Regency Road bit of the North South Corridor with committed partial federal funding. Stage 1 and stage 2 of the Gawler railway electrification, starting to talk about the NSW electricity interconnector. I'm yet to be fully convinced by this last one, but I wonder if its existence will also open up more land to possible solar farms by having a strong enough grid to take the power away from generators in marginal pastoral lands. The tone and attitude seems markedly different for caring for vulnerable people in state care, both aged and minors. The Sanderson "incident" seems to be that she cares, where her predecessor would rather have an excuse to not get involved.

What have they done? Not stuffed anything else up.

Jaymz
Legendary Member!

#310 Post by Jaymz » Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:29 am

how good is he wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:42 am
I'm one of the people who was sick to death of the continual announcements by the previous Government, but the Libs are on the other end of the scale. I think the people would like to hear more from them.

One big achievement has been the abolition of stamp duty on commercial property transactions as of July 1 this year. Also a reduction in payroll tax for businesses under a certain size. These obviously aren't seen as very sexy types of policy to the average Joe, but no doubt very important and they should be spreading the word more.

For me, their biggest test of following through on what they promised is the de-regulation of shop trading hours. Here's hoping.

Waewick

#311 Post by Waewick » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:15 am

I'm in agreement in relation to the lack of constant announcements and shit fights started by the previous government.

However, in reality outside the payroll tax they haven't been able to achieve their other signature plans that require parliamentary approval.

how good is he
Legendary Member!

#312 Post by how good is he » Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:33 am

I agree Waewick. Jaymz the commercial stamp duty reforms were well and truly put in place by the previous labour Govt (over the past 3 years it has reduced and eliminated as planned). SBD, I think the Gawler electrification was proposed and funded under the previous labour Govt until the federal Govt withdrew its funding as agreed. The South Rd/Regency Rd extension was next on the cards for labour also. I agree the Libs have started the pre~planning for an interconnector, got rid of payroll tax for small business & haven’t stuffed anything up yet.

rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)

#313 Post by rev » Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:42 pm

how good is he wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:33 am
I agree Waewick. Jaymz the commercial stamp duty reforms were well and truly put in place by the previous labour Govt (over the past 3 years it has reduced and eliminated as planned). SBD, I think the Gawler electrification was proposed and funded under the previous labour Govt until the federal Govt withdrew its funding as agreed. The South Rd/Regency Rd extension was next on the cards for labour also. I agree the Libs have started the pre~planning for an interconnector, got rid of payroll tax for small business & haven’t stuffed anything up yet.
The inter-connector with NSW was first talked about while Labor were in government too.

What has the Liberal government done, in order to stuff something up or not stuff something up?

how good is he
Legendary Member!

#314 Post by how good is he » Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:12 pm

Ie Think aged care... no scandals as yet ... maybe give it time?

Waewick

#315 Post by Waewick » Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:17 pm

how good is he wrote:Ie Think aged care... no scandals as yet ... maybe give it time?
Lack of scandals is good.....but they normally take time i guess.

We have forgotten about the new national parks, that appears to be popular, but again not sure what it achieves.