The Federal Politics Thread

Anything goes here.. :) Now with Beer Garden for our smoking patrons.
dsriggs
Legendary Member!

Re: The Federal Politics Thread

#391 Post by dsriggs » Fri May 16, 2014 3:23 pm

Dog wrote:Image

The Liberal pledge, 6 broken promises in just one sentence.
Not that he didn't say all those things in an interview, but I'm not a fan of using photoshopped images to prove a point, tbh.

Dog
High Rise Poster!

#392 Post by Dog » Wed May 28, 2014 6:14 pm

Apparently the Liberals have shifted funding from the Royal commission into child abuse to the Royal commission into the Rudd government home insulation program. What the Fu@k!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Aidan
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#393 Post by Aidan » Wed May 28, 2014 7:08 pm

Dog wrote:Apparently the Liberals have shifted funding from the Royal commission into child abuse to the Royal commission into the Rudd government home insulation program. What the Fu@k!
Evidence?
Just build it wrote:Bye Union Hall. I'll see you in another life, when we are both cats.

monotonehell
VIP Member
VIP Member

#394 Post by monotonehell » Wed May 28, 2014 7:13 pm

Aidan wrote:
Dog wrote:Apparently the Liberals have shifted funding from the Royal commission into child abuse to the Royal commission into the Rudd government home insulation program. What the Fu@k!
Evidence?
It has been done. They admitted to it. They said that it was "unutilised funds". Except that grates with the (former) commissioner saying that they didn't have the capacity to see all the people who wanted to talk to the commission about their pasts.
Exit on the right in the direction of travel.

Dog
High Rise Poster!

#395 Post by Dog » Wed May 28, 2014 11:42 pm

Aidan wrote:
Evidence?
We are talking millions $

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

stumpjumper
Legendary Member!

#396 Post by stumpjumper » Thu May 29, 2014 9:36 am

I was pretty shocked at the reports of funding being transferred, so I rang the office of Senator George Brandis, who is in charge of the child abuse Royal Commission.

For what it's worth, here is the response:

The child abuse RC has completed its full scope of work under budget. The excess which would have gone back to general revenue has been allocated directly, as a matter of efficiency, to the insulation RC. If the child abuse RC were tomorrow to require more funds for some reason, there is money available to it.

That doesn't seem so bad.

monotonehell
VIP Member
VIP Member

#397 Post by monotonehell » Thu May 29, 2014 4:41 pm

stumpjumper wrote:I was pretty shocked at the reports of funding being transferred, so I rang the office of Senator George Brandis, who is in charge of the child abuse Royal Commission.

For what it's worth, here is the response:

The child abuse RC has completed its full scope of work under budget. The excess which would have gone back to general revenue has been allocated directly, as a matter of efficiency, to the insulation RC. If the child abuse RC were tomorrow to require more funds for some reason, there is money available to it.

That doesn't seem so bad.
Yes that's what I was referring to above. But like I said, the commissioner said that they did not have the capacity to deal with the public response. So either the commission hasn't asked for or used the extra funds to create more capacity or... what?

rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)

#398 Post by rev » Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:59 pm

The PM merry go round continues..bye bye Tony Abbott.

Surprised nobody commented on this.

[Shuz]

#399 Post by [Shuz] » Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:53 am

Any views and opinions expressed are of my own, and do not reflect the views or opinions of any organisation of which I have an affiliation with.

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

#400 Post by crawf » Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:32 pm

No guesses which capital city newspaper this is from...

monotonehell
VIP Member
VIP Member

#401 Post by monotonehell » Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:26 pm

crawf wrote:No guesses which capital city newspaper this is from...

My guess was correct. :lol:

rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)

#402 Post by rev » Wed May 11, 2016 6:24 pm

Got the first bit of election propaganda in the mail today.
From the Liberals Adelaide candidate and Malcom Turnbull.
Apparently throughout this year and next, Turnbull reckons he's going to create 200,000 jobs.
Doesn't tell us how many jobs will be lost, or what those 200,000 jobs will be, part time, under employment, full time, casual..or how and where.
I wonder if they factored in the 2900 jobs the subs build will apparently create? If so did they take out the recent 300 job losses at ASC plus the hundreds of others who've lost jobs there since..

Hmm. Can't wait for the Labor party's propaganda and their big promises from the magical money tree.

mshagg
Legendary Member!

#403 Post by mshagg » Thu May 12, 2016 10:42 am

Yeah I already received some junk mail from Kate Ellis, didn't bother reading it. Not even sure who the coalition are running in the Adelaide division this time around. With Ellis' 7%+ margin the conclusion is foregone so don't really see the point in engaging in the process.

Ho Really

#404 Post by Ho Really » Fri May 13, 2016 11:36 pm

mshagg wrote:Yeah I already received some junk mail from Kate Ellis, didn't bother reading it. Not even sure who the coalition are running in the Adelaide division this time around. With Ellis' 7%+ margin the conclusion is foregone so don't really see the point in engaging in the process.
You obviously don't watch or read news. It's David Colovic.

Cheers
Confucius say: Dumb man climb tree to get cherry, wise man spread limbs.

Ho Really

#405 Post by Ho Really » Sat May 14, 2016 12:33 am

rev wrote:Got the first bit of election propaganda in the mail today.
From the Liberals Adelaide candidate and Malcom Turnbull.
Apparently throughout this year and next, Turnbull reckons he's going to create 200,000 jobs.
Doesn't tell us how many jobs will be lost, or what those 200,000 jobs will be, part time, under employment, full time, casual..or how and where.
I wonder if they factored in the 2900 jobs the subs build will apparently create? If so did they take out the recent 300 job losses at ASC plus the hundreds of others who've lost jobs there since..

Hmm. Can't wait for the Labor party's propaganda and their big promises from the magical money tree.
The jobs that will be lost is obvious rev. Mining and manufacturing. That's why we need a drastic change. It doesn't matter what the jobs are, fulltime, partime, casual etc. When someone is employed it changes everything. Not just tax revenue for the Feds and States but it gives people hope. You know how it works, to create jobs you need to give tax cuts and incentives to all levels of business. This is valid for both State and Federal Governments. Otherwise if there is anyone out there thinking about setting up a major employing business here in OZ, they won't. There are many other countries in our region that will accept them and give them a better deal.

At that point hopefully we'd have enough tax revenue to fill in the gaps in welfare, education and health. It's an oversimplification but it's the best way to explain it.

As for Labor, they try to do good but they never get it right (with the exception of Bob Hawke and to a lesser extent Paul Keating). The mantra with Federal Labor never changes. The ones they appear to help, the disadvantaged, are still disadvantaged even after many years of their government. As you said, they make the big promises etc.

My advice is to vote for the party that can get people working and generating wealth without sending us into more debt. Again an oversimplification, but those are the fundamentals. The rest will come.

Cheers
Confucius say: Dumb man climb tree to get cherry, wise man spread limbs.