Footbrawl (pointless arguments about the AFL)

Anything goes here.. :) Now with Beer Garden for our smoking patrons.
Message
Author
Waewick
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 3458
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:39 pm
Has thanked: 53 times
Been thanked: 130 times

Re: Footbrawl (pointless arguments about the AFL)

#46 Post by Waewick » Sat May 31, 2014 5:30 pm

jk1237 wrote:
Waewick wrote:
jk1237 wrote:come on now, grow up camries, don't dish it out if you can't take it, its rather lame
This kind of statement is equally as pathetic.
oh dear - another pathetic post by the self righteous Waewick
I'm not self righteous

In just righteous ;)

rev
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 3868
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:14 pm
Has thanked: 248 times
Been thanked: 351 times

Re: Footbrawl (pointless arguments about the AFL)

#47 Post by rev » Sat May 31, 2014 6:52 pm

slenderman wrote:Ugh, take this crap to Bigfooty, reverend. There's a thread on that forum from the Port Power fans about how they would react if their kid was drafted to the Crows. Show support for what your child wants to do? God no. Re losing players, Port have lost players too, such as Ben Jacobs and Shaun Burgoyne, with Burgoyne admitting disenchantment within the ranks.

Fact is, you didn't show up in 2008-2012 because you're bandwagoners. Don't tell me about "we voted with our feet", no Port fans ever said that. In fact, back in 2011 when both Crows and Port were shit, I'd say to my mates "Hey, you wanna talk about footy?", and they'd be like "Nup" and go quiet, because Port were doing badly. They didn't say, "we're voting with our feet because we're disgusted by our management", and "we hate the way this club is being run", they said nothing. Besides, why would it have taken five seasons before anything changed?

Oh, but then in 2013/this year, now that you're finally good again, the Port ferals are the first ones to tell me about how good they are, suddenly they want to talk footy again. Then, going to the showdown this year and last, a bunch of Port ferals throw their scarves in my face and wave their shiny new flags in my way as I try to walk out. I remember one of the Port trivia questions was "What year was this famous Port Adelaide moment?". Answer? 2013, of course. It's not like most Port fans remember 2008-2012

I respect the passionate Port fans who stuck with their team through some of the darkest days in their history, such as Richmond 2010 in the pissing rain on their 140th anniversary, 165, Gold Coast and GWS losses, and as much as I hate Port, they're killing us off field. Don't act as if your club has always been perfect when you take pleasure in seeing us lose to Melbourne. Your club has been there, through much darker days as well.

I'm honestly pissed off with the Crows management at the moment. Walking a 19th man flag around the oval to a shitty crows anthem is NOT pre-match entertainment, Bernie Vince was handled disgracefully and Trigg and the board need sacking immediately (you could write a book as thick as a telephone book on what those muppets have cost us). I have questions about whether Sando is the right man to lead us (even in 2012 he refused to drop Shaw, Petrenko or Callinan in the finals), our assistant coaches (Bickley in particular) need replacing, and average list cloggers like Mackay, Shaw, Petrenko and Reilly need delisting.

Just remember that you won't be playing like this forever, form and success fluctuates, and we'll have to see if the bay covers and sub 20k crowds return when your now open premiership window closes.

Anyway, I have quite hypocritically gone off on a rant about Port when I told you to take it to Bigfooty. Don't bother replying rev, I'm not interested in a shit hurling fight with you. We should keep discussion in this forum civil and not resort to name calling and other immature crap, as you have done to others in this forum already. No need to get so worked up about what, at the end of the day, is a game, to total strangers.
Why suggest taking it to Bigfooty(too many egos there, not interested in joining), if you are going to launch into your own rant?
spiller wrote:Rev, you're obviously passionate and know your Port Adelaide history and i'm more than happy to go "toe to toe" even if it's for a bit of fun and amusement. However, you ruined it for me when you started making assumptions about what kind of person I am, my age and my level of intelligence. You even dropped a few name-callings in there. All assumptions of which are based largely on a stereotype of the football team that I follow. I'm reluctant to stoop to your level even though it would be the easiest way to stamp my authority (and self perceived it seems to be, in your case) over this thread.

You've never met me and you certainly dont know me. You're acting like an immature brat who can't control his or her's emotions.

In other words, get over yourself.
I know all I need to know, you support the crows, and I can judge what sort of supporter you are based on your posts on the subject.
I've been called worse then an immature brat.
jk1237 wrote:come on now, grow up camries, don't dish it out if you can't take it, its rather lame
Come on, they wouldn't be true South Australians if they could take it being thrown back at them.
Waewick wrote: Rev put it bluntly

your posts are near on unintelligible
In other words, your post was too long so I didn't read it, so instead I'll just call you dumb.
All your clubs "original" ideas are copied from interstate or overseas, which is fairly normal all over the world, but apparently you didn't get the memo.

I admire your blind faith because your inability to articulate any thing other than petty insults reflects your real knowledge of matters outside who can piss the furthest.
Here's the good part. I never claimed Port Adelaide invented playing a song before the team runs out, or marching to the stadium, or having a concert after a game.
That is just another convenient assumption by a crowbot because again the crowbot lacks an argument with substance or facts.

Port may very well have gotten inspiration for some of the things it's done from overseas.
But the point I was making, was that Port actually did something to improve the match day experience for fans. It's one of the key areas the club is focusing on in luring back as many fans and past members as possible.

Whereas, and pay attention now so I don't have to repeat my self, the Crows did nothing significant to improve the match day experience. What they did do though, is try and play catch up, thinking they can have some insignificant performers do a mini concert, get the grand mothers out of their retirement homes to do a sing along, etc etc.
It was all a knee jerk reaction because Port's match day experience's are a success.

Now, go join the other 19th man or whatever you call your selves, and walk out with the game in the balance.

User avatar
slenderman
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 397
Joined: Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:44 am
Has thanked: 129 times
Been thanked: 213 times

Re: Footbrawl (pointless arguments about the AFL)

#48 Post by slenderman » Sat May 31, 2014 7:44 pm

rev wrote:
slenderman wrote:Ugh, take this crap to Bigfooty, reverend. There's a thread on that forum from the Port Power fans about how they would react if their kid was drafted to the Crows. Show support for what your child wants to do? God no. Re losing players, Port have lost players too, such as Ben Jacobs and Shaun Burgoyne, with Burgoyne admitting disenchantment within the ranks.

Fact is, you didn't show up in 2008-2012 because you're bandwagoners. Don't tell me about "we voted with our feet", no Port fans ever said that. In fact, back in 2011 when both Crows and Port were shit, I'd say to my mates "Hey, you wanna talk about footy?", and they'd be like "Nup" and go quiet, because Port were doing badly. They didn't say, "we're voting with our feet because we're disgusted by our management", and "we hate the way this club is being run", they said nothing. Besides, why would it have taken five seasons before anything changed?

Oh, but then in 2013/this year, now that you're finally good again, the Port ferals are the first ones to tell me about how good they are, suddenly they want to talk footy again. Then, going to the showdown this year and last, a bunch of Port ferals throw their scarves in my face and wave their shiny new flags in my way as I try to walk out. I remember one of the Port trivia questions was "What year was this famous Port Adelaide moment?". Answer? 2013, of course. It's not like most Port fans remember 2008-2012

I respect the passionate Port fans who stuck with their team through some of the darkest days in their history, such as Richmond 2010 in the pissing rain on their 140th anniversary, 165, Gold Coast and GWS losses, and as much as I hate Port, they're killing us off field. Don't act as if your club has always been perfect when you take pleasure in seeing us lose to Melbourne. Your club has been there, through much darker days as well.

I'm honestly pissed off with the Crows management at the moment. Walking a 19th man flag around the oval to a shitty crows anthem is NOT pre-match entertainment, Bernie Vince was handled disgracefully and Trigg and the board need sacking immediately (you could write a book as thick as a telephone book on what those muppets have cost us). I have questions about whether Sando is the right man to lead us (even in 2012 he refused to drop Shaw, Petrenko or Callinan in the finals), our assistant coaches (Bickley in particular) need replacing, and average list cloggers like Mackay, Shaw, Petrenko and Reilly need delisting.

Just remember that you won't be playing like this forever, form and success fluctuates, and we'll have to see if the bay covers and sub 20k crowds return when your now open premiership window closes.

Anyway, I have quite hypocritically gone off on a rant about Port when I told you to take it to Bigfooty. Don't bother replying rev, I'm not interested in a shit hurling fight with you. We should keep discussion in this forum civil and not resort to name calling and other immature crap, as you have done to others in this forum already. No need to get so worked up about what, at the end of the day, is a game, to total strangers.
Why suggest taking it to Bigfooty(too many egos there, not interested in joining), if you are going to launch into your own rant?
spiller wrote:Rev, you're obviously passionate and know your Port Adelaide history and i'm more than happy to go "toe to toe" even if it's for a bit of fun and amusement. However, you ruined it for me when you started making assumptions about what kind of person I am, my age and my level of intelligence. You even dropped a few name-callings in there. All assumptions of which are based largely on a stereotype of the football team that I follow. I'm reluctant to stoop to your level even though it would be the easiest way to stamp my authority (and self perceived it seems to be, in your case) over this thread.

You've never met me and you certainly dont know me. You're acting like an immature brat who can't control his or her's emotions.

In other words, get over yourself.
I know all I need to know, you support the crows, and I can judge what sort of supporter you are based on your posts on the subject.
I've been called worse then an immature brat.
jk1237 wrote:come on now, grow up camries, don't dish it out if you can't take it, its rather lame
Come on, they wouldn't be true South Australians if they could take it being thrown back at them.
Waewick wrote: Rev put it bluntly

your posts are near on unintelligible
In other words, your post was too long so I didn't read it, so instead I'll just call you dumb.
All your clubs "original" ideas are copied from interstate or overseas, which is fairly normal all over the world, but apparently you didn't get the memo.

I admire your blind faith because your inability to articulate any thing other than petty insults reflects your real knowledge of matters outside who can piss the furthest.
Here's the good part. I never claimed Port Adelaide invented playing a song before the team runs out, or marching to the stadium, or having a concert after a game.
That is just another convenient assumption by a crowbot because again the crowbot lacks an argument with substance or facts.

Port may very well have gotten inspiration for some of the things it's done from overseas.
But the point I was making, was that Port actually did something to improve the match day experience for fans. It's one of the key areas the club is focusing on in luring back as many fans and past members as possible.

Whereas, and pay attention now so I don't have to repeat my self, the Crows did nothing significant to improve the match day experience. What they did do though, is try and play catch up, thinking they can have some insignificant performers do a mini concert, get the grand mothers out of their retirement homes to do a sing along, etc etc.
It was all a knee jerk reaction because Port's match day experience's are a success.

Now, go join the other 19th man or whatever you call your selves, and walk out with the game in the balance.
Alright I'll eat my words and defend against your hypocrisy. Yes, you should take it to bigfooty, a forum dedicated to these shit hurling fights that you seem to love getting into because someone dares suggest your crowds are largely inflated by your success. Also, you claim you don't call us the "cows", taking the moral high ground, but instead, you call us the "crowbots". Big difference. A tad hypocritical if you ask me.

I don't know about you, but the Collingwood game entertainment was a big improvement over the previous efforts from the Crows. We played a band before the game and during half time, on the hill, not after the game at Memorial Drive like your mob. And we got rid of the crows anthem and 61st man flag walk around the oval. Sounds like an IMPROVEMENT in entertainment, no? I'll let you have the fact we copied the march, but I couldn't care less about that, it's just walking into a stadium over a bridge, which I do anyway. Big deal.

And for your final remark re leaving early, we could just say "oh, we're voting with our feet and disgusted by our performance", and we can also point out the hypocrisy in your statement. Were you there on this day?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IW3rF1WKxs

It's amazing how footy discussion (especially over the internet) brings out the worst in us. You seem to be quite a reasonable person when it comes to discussing development, but I'm not sure why you have to make ageist remarks against elderly Crows supporters, there's plenty of old Port fans too. The football should be a place where everyone should be allowed to enjoy themselves, not just Port fans up and about when they're successful.

rev
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 3868
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:14 pm
Has thanked: 248 times
Been thanked: 351 times

Re: Footbrawl (pointless arguments about the AFL)

#49 Post by rev » Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:57 am

Yep, a big improvement.

Like I said to Waewick, you can send your thankyou cards to Port Adelaide for bringing something new to football, which your club quickly copied in it's own fashion.

It's amazing how a crows supporter points out "the worst being brought out" in a port supporter, but says nothing of his fellow crows supporters who incited the discussion and dragged it down.

I make remarks about the general eledery age of crows supporters because they make up a big percentage of crows supporters at games.
You will get elderly women "tell you off" and go find police and security to remove you if you make too much noise, as an opposition supporter. And by too much noise I mean your typical non offensive barracking at a game.
Police and security are amused by it all.

You wont get that at a Port game though.

Btw, is Anne Moran a Crows or Port fan or neither? She was complaining about footy fans destroying the place afterwards...well, it's starting to emerge that it's Crows fans who are mostly responsible. Several people who work at Adelaide Oval, crows fans and people not interested in either team, have commented how much more well behaved and generally civilized Port fans are overall, compared to Crows fans who often leave the place trashed and are absolute pigs(in more ways then one). I'm not saying this to stir you up.

Have a nice Monday crowbot.

serca
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 335
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:46 pm
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 35 times

Re: Footbrawl (pointless arguments about the AFL)

#50 Post by serca » Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:04 pm

Yeah right ???? I guess there is passion then there is this thread. I though this was going to be a good idea ........ :toilet:

SuperEgz
Gold-Member ;)
Posts: 86
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:11 pm
Has thanked: 22 times
Been thanked: 18 times

Re: Footbrawl (pointless arguments about the AFL)

#51 Post by SuperEgz » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:53 pm

I think this new trdition is really starting to take off! What do you guys think about it?


User avatar
metro
Legendary Member!
Posts: 962
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:11 pm
Location: Adelaide
Has thanked: 371 times
Been thanked: 49 times

Re: Footbrawl (pointless arguments about the AFL)

#52 Post by metro » Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:13 pm

^ love it, and I'm no fan of AFL

and a bit reminiscent of Liverpool FC's 'You'll Never Walk Alone'


ml69
Legendary Member!
Posts: 829
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:16 pm
Location: Adelaide SA
Has thanked: 87 times
Been thanked: 66 times

Re: Footbrawl (pointless arguments about the AFL)

#53 Post by ml69 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:16 pm

SuperEgz wrote:I think this new trdition is really starting to take off! What do you guys think about it?

That is fantastic ... and that's coming from a Crows fan!

User avatar
ChillyPhilly
Legendary Member!
Posts: 1384
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:35 pm
Location: Adder-Laid, South Australia.
Has thanked: 258 times
Been thanked: 323 times
Contact:

Re: Footbrawl (pointless arguments about the AFL)

#54 Post by ChillyPhilly » Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:33 am

I can proudly say that I helped improvise the start of this new tradition with my group The Alberton Crowd (alongside the Cheer Squad in the southern goals). :)

www.fb.com/TheAlbertonCrowdPAFC
Our state, our city, our future.

All views expressed on this forum are my own.

rev
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 3868
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:14 pm
Has thanked: 248 times
Been thanked: 351 times

Re: Footbrawl (pointless arguments about the AFL)

#55 Post by rev » Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:41 am

Poor crows, trying hard to market the one millionth AFL fan at Adelaide Oval.

You forgot the very first game at Adelaide Oval.
One millionth fan to an AFL game at the oval overall is a Port fan.
One millionth this season will be a Crows fan. Unless a Port fan attends and flukes it. How funny would that be. :hilarious:

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests