The Krispy Kreme / On The Run thread

Anything goes here.. :) Now with Beer Garden for our smoking patrons.
metro
Legendary Member!

Re: Krispy Kreme opens on Port Road

#46 Post by metro » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:22 pm

once they open stores in the city, darlington and waterloo corner (middle of nowhere?), then you might have a chance of getting in and buying a donut, but for now it's a 2-4 hour long wait in a line with all of the fat bogans desperate for donuts:

[Shuz]
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#47 Post by [Shuz] » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:58 pm

Can you order online?
Any views and opinions expressed are of my own, and do not reflect the views or opinions of any organisation of which I have an affiliation with.

Nathan

#48 Post by Nathan » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:25 pm

pushbutton wrote:It is certainly a bit of a novelty, and I don't have a problem with that!

I drove past last night about 7pm thinking the initial "kraze" might have worn off and I would just try one of their donuts to "kompare" it to Donut King and Breadtop donuts. I didn't though as there was STILL a queue of "kars" waiting to get in! The traffic was so "krazy" it wasn't safe for me to check whether or not there was also still a queue of "bogans"!!!

Maybe next week!
I'll give you a pass on the Mortal Kombat-esque K spelling, but consider this a warning on using quotation marks for emphasis. That's what italics are for.
:idea:

Burger
Gold-Member ;)

#49 Post by Burger » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:35 pm

It's been a while since I posted and was encouraged by the KK talk of relatives living in the Riverland (Berri, Renmark etc).

A number of them have actually "done the run" last Saturday afternoon, where one is required to drive the 3 hours to Adelaide, wait another 3 in line and then 3 hours home. It's, apparently, then compulsory to leave the remnant boxes in the rear seat of one's bogan-mobile as some sort of trophy.

It's not limited to Adelaide either. I have friends who waited in the queue in Parramatta when the first store opened. Their story (a very long one, I suspect) goes that they joined the queue as the sun went down and received their sweet holely treats as the sun was coming up.

Fountain Gate...well...if you've ever been there, I don't need to say any more.

monotonehell
VIP Member
VIP Member

#50 Post by monotonehell » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:57 pm

pushbutton wrote:It is certainly a bit of a novelty, and I don't have a problem with that!

I drove past last night about 7pm thinking the initial "kraze" might have worn off and I would just try one of their donuts to "kompare" it to Donut King and Breadtop donuts. I didn't though as there was STILL a queue of "kars" waiting to get in! The traffic was so "krazy" it wasn't safe for me to check whether or not there was also still a queue of "bogans"!!!

Maybe next week!
Kwit that.
Burger wrote:It's been a while since I posted and was encouraged by the KK talk of relatives living in the Riverland (Berri, Renmark etc).

A number of them have actually "done the run" last Saturday afternoon, where one is required to drive the 3 hours to Adelaide, wait another 3 in line and then 3 hours home. It's, apparently, then compulsory to leave the remnant boxes in the rear seat of one's bogan-mobile as some sort of trophy.

It's not limited to Adelaide either. I have friends who waited in the queue in Parramatta when the first store opened. Their story (a very long one, I suspect) goes that they joined the queue as the sun went down and received their sweet holely treats as the sun was coming up.

Fountain Gate...well...if you've ever been there, I don't need to say any more.
Of all the things to be a status symbol... People are Krazy!
Exit on the right in the direction of travel.

Phantom
High Rise Poster!

#51 Post by Phantom » Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:08 pm

Couldn't help myself.

"Mono, you're a knob. <3"

Aidan

#52 Post by Aidan » Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:46 pm

Phantom wrote:Couldn't help myself.

Did you get that from Kmart?
Just build it wrote:Bye Union Hall. I'll see you in another life, when we are both cats.

neoballmon
Legendary Member!

#53 Post by neoballmon » Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:54 pm

metro wrote:once they open stores in the city, darlington and waterloo corner (middle of nowhere?).
Waterloo corner (if on Port Wakefield road) will attract a number of travelers from North of Adelaide (from Port Pirie to Darwin, as well as Perth). It will take a lot of the carry overs out of Eastern planes for these people as well if they can buy them at their last stop in Adelaide.
Looking forward to a free-flowing Adelaide!

Torrens_5022
High Rise Poster!

#54 Post by Torrens_5022 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:14 pm

I went in yesterday around 3pm because my mum wanted some doughnuts, there was a bit of a line took about 50 mins. It takes ages because you only know what types thye have when your right at the counter and you need to choose at least 12 lol. How many people would really buy 12 doughnuts on a regular basis. They do sell individual doughnuts. They should sell 6 packs, one doughnut is like $4 and 12 is $27, 24 was $45, they did 36 i think was $54. They must be making so much money, they had lots of staff making and selling them.

pushbutton
Legendary Member!

#55 Post by pushbutton » Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:34 pm

Nathan wrote:

Maybe next week!
I'll give you a pass on the Mortal Kombat-esque K spelling, but consider this a warning on using quotation marks for emphasis. That's what italics are for.
Huh? A warning?

They are just quotation marks. Sorry but there are many worse things out there in the online world. I wasn't spamming or insulting other members, just having a little bit of harmless fun, so chill out!

Also they are not for emphasis. They are to show that I am very well aware that I am using the incorrect spelling. I did so as a spoof of the article in the Advertiser referred to earlier in this thread, as others have done also. As I said, just a bit of fun.

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

#56 Post by crawf » Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:56 pm

pushbutton wrote:
Nathan wrote:

Maybe next week!
Huh? A warning?

They are just quotation marks. Sorry but there are many worse things out there in the online world. I wasn't spamming or insulting other members, just having a little bit of harmless fun, so chill out!

Also they are not for emphasis. They are to show that I am very well aware that I am using the incorrect spelling. I did so as a spoof of the article in the Advertiser referred to earlier in this thread, as others have done also. As I said, just a bit of fun.

It's annoying. Stop.

Hooligan
Legendary Member!

#57 Post by Hooligan » Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:49 pm

Wait, back up. Did someone say Mortal Kombat?

Mortal Kombat > Krispy Kremes.

Code: Select all

Signature removed 

pushbutton
Legendary Member!

#58 Post by pushbutton » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:01 pm

crawf wrote:It's annoying. Stop.
It was not intended to annoy you, nor would it annoy most people. If you do find it annoying, I suggest you just ignore it.

metro
Legendary Member!

#59 Post by metro » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:47 pm

pushbutton wrote:
crawf wrote:It's annoying. Stop.
It was not intended to annoy you, nor would it annoy most people. If you do find it annoying, I suggest you just ignore it.
I think you might be 'pushing people's buttons' if you keep doing it :wink:

Nathan

#60 Post by Nathan » Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:01 pm

pushbutton wrote:
Huh? A warning?

Did I really need to add a smiley to indicate I was "joking"?