Southern Parklands

Anything goes here.. :) Now with Beer Garden for our smoking patrons.
duke
High Rise Poster!

Southern Parklands

#1 Post by duke » Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:37 am

I have recently seen a number of articles about the drunks and abuse in the southern parklands.

There is a new one today
http://www.news.com.au/national/south-a ... 7046979480

My office overlooks the park and we often see fights, public urination, some woman smashed a tram window with a beer bottle a few weeks ago.

The concern I have is that I am supposed to be having our wedding in the Veale Gardens in about a years time.

Has anyone been to a wedding in these gardens recently? I am wondering if we should chose a different area or if it will be cleaned up with the new laws.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)

Re: Southern Parklands

#2 Post by rev » Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:49 pm

Better budget for an open bar.

Or a couple security guards.

As bonbonerie you should be different and give your guests pepper spray or tasers.

Waewick
Super Size Scraper Poster!

Re: Southern Parklands

#3 Post by Waewick » Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:41 pm

duke wrote:I have recently seen a number of articles about the drunks and abuse in the southern parklands.

There is a new one today
http://www.news.com.au/national/south-a ... 7046979480

My office overlooks the park and we often see fights, public urination, some woman smashed a tram window with a beer bottle a few weeks ago.

The concern I have is that I am supposed to be having our wedding in the Veale Gardens in about a years time.

Has anyone been to a wedding in these gardens recently? I am wondering if we should chose a different area or if it will be cleaned up with the new laws.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
during the day it is fine.honestly I used to walk my kids there and you'd see nothing a veale gardens apart from some ducks.