I'm off to Queensland!

Anything goes here.. :) Now with Beer Garden for our smoking patrons.
ghs
Super Size Scraper Poster!

Re: I'm off to Queensland!

#16 Post by ghs » Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:40 am

Will wrote:
pushbutton wrote:I'll be about 20 minutes from the Gold Coast. I'll be there every weekend!

I never say never. But right now I can't imagine any reason I'd ever want to leave once I'm there.

It's paradise. (Quite literally)!!
I wish you all the best.

I just hope that the "novelty factor" of the Gold Coast doesn't wear off and you continue to enjoy it.
I agree with you Will, living away from home can be exciting initially but then after 6-12 months the novelty
wears off and you start missing your family and friends.

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

#17 Post by crawf » Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:29 pm

rev wrote:Have a good time up there.
A mate recently left for Queensland, he's in Brisbane. He's loving it, and contrary to what others say, he wont be coming back.
More work more money.
Brisbane is another story, I could easily live there!. Adelaide could learn a few things, Queen St Mall, Southbank etc.

I think what would drive me crazy about living on the Gold Coast is that it's more a tourist destination rather than a city. But good luck to you pushbutton.

pushbutton
Legendary Member!

#18 Post by pushbutton » Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:21 pm

I won't be missing my family and friends because most of them are moving there soon. I agree though it would be very hard to live there long without them. That's the only reason I haven't moved there before.

As for the tourism, that's fantastic as far as I'm concerned. I'm going to be a permanent tourist!