representation matters

Anything goes here.. :) Now with Beer Garden for our smoking patrons.
rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)

Re: representation matters

#61 Post by rev » Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:20 am

Matt wrote:
rev wrote:But just because I dared to question something related to the homosexual agenda I'm apparently a homophobe and lost cause.
The manner in which you put forward your argument is what draws angst.

I don't have a problem with debate or differing opinions, but suggesting the only contribution LGBT people have made to the city is sex and drugs in the parklands isn't going to win your point of view a lot of respect.
That's not entirely fair or true though.
That remark was made after an exchange of posts.

I wasn't, and am not, arguing against individual homosexuals or the homosexual community as a whole being better recognized, represented, and understood.
If some people weren't so precious, they would have realized that instead of attacking me.

The gay festival that we have in the city, who knows anything about it, outside the gay community? I don't know anything about it.
They talk about this walkway as if it's going to fix everything, or as if it's going to be a "building a bridge" moment or something. But then on the other hand a real opportunity to create better understanding and tolerance with that festival is ignored year after year, and looking at it from the outside you could say it's some sort of exclusive gay community thing only.

But like I said, and has been confirmed, it's just the council, or specifically as mentioned a councilor, trying to make them selves look good and show how progressive they are and in touch with society. So it's not even being done for the reasons some people in here are claiming it's for.

And ps, my reaction would be the same if this was a Hellenic walkway being proposed.

rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)

#62 Post by rev » Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:22 am

Waewick wrote:Wasn't someone on here connected to someone else starting a new political party?
Stumpjumper? I do recall someone saying something about it once, not sure if it was him, he just comes to mind because he's probably the more active political poster.

Ho Really
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#63 Post by Ho Really » Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:05 pm

I agree with rev in the opening post...WASTE OF MONEY...whether it is paid for by the ratepayers or the LGBT community. In the end it is a political stunt and not a celebration!

Cheers

P.S. Better to give the money to a homeless shelter instead.
Confucius say: Dumb man climb tree to get cherry, wise man spread limbs.