the computer desks at ikea for $9.95

Anything goes here.. :) Now with Beer Garden for our smoking patrons.
Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#16 Post by Ben » Tue Nov 28, 2006 2:16 pm

I wouldn't call the Adelaide Hills walking distance.... it is just not economical to have more than one store. People are meant to travel to get there, it's not a convenience store.

Howie
VIP Member
VIP Member

#17 Post by Howie » Tue Nov 28, 2006 2:17 pm

I'll have to agree with beemer85, you don't often go shopping for swedish furniture, so once in a blue moon it'll pay to drive from elizabeth and further up north to ikea.

It's like what 40min-1hr drive? That's really nothing compared to many other capitals.

madexml
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#18 Post by madexml » Tue Nov 28, 2006 2:41 pm

note i'm not an Elizabethian - i'm from Mawson Lakes!!!!
and in a recent conversation with some friends that have been and purchased items from IKEA have had some bad experiences with lack of parts once they have gotten home!

Howie
VIP Member
VIP Member

#19 Post by Howie » Tue Nov 28, 2006 2:55 pm

Mawson Lakes and you can't be bothered driving to IKEA?????!!!

Edgar
Legendary Member!

#20 Post by Edgar » Tue Nov 28, 2006 4:38 pm

madexml wrote:note i'm not an Elizabethian - i'm from Mawson Lakes!!!!
and in a recent conversation with some friends that have been and purchased items from IKEA have had some bad experiences with lack of parts once they have gotten home!
For people who lives further away from everybody else (as claimed), the next time you go out shopping at somewhere further than where you will usually go, it does pay to double check everything (read: components of purchase) before heading home, to prevent from having to drive all the way back to get the replacements.

And Mawson Lakes isn't far mate, I would consider Nourlunga/Elizabeth/Virginia/etc as far.

littledyl16
Gold-Member ;)

#21 Post by littledyl16 » Sat Dec 02, 2006 12:11 am

Mawson Lakes, far from ikea, i dont think so!all we have to do is just go down south rd for wat about 12km then just go down henley beach rd, or wateva it is. ive been to ikea about 3 times, and i live in mawson lakes and is not that far, but travelling from my house and going down south to marion is, something like that i would understand, but nah we are not that far really, and as if two stores would survive in Adelaide, melbourne only has 1, sydney only has 1 and so does brisbane, everything cant be within walking distance, im suprised ppl dont want parafield to go international so its not so far, or why dont we build a fake version of glenelg in salisbury so then the beach is closer (stupid remark, i know), perhaps whoever dreams of having all services closer is just lazy, or maybe they sort of get their ideas from Futurama, with the tube, and everyone just flying through them to get where ever they want, but we have to travel for some things, wether it be driving an hour to get to the airport or an hour to get to work, thats the way it is, but can you imagine how sydney people feel, they would have to drive far for ikea, the population of sydney is nearly five million, SO JUST DELA WITH IT!!!!Ur not the only that probably has drive far just to get to a store (like i said not like its far away!!!!!!).

littledyl16
Gold-Member ;)

#22 Post by littledyl16 » Sat Dec 02, 2006 12:13 am

And btw ikea is only 20-25minutes from mawsons on a good day, and bout 40-50mins on an extremely bad day.

Howie
VIP Member
VIP Member

#23 Post by Howie » Sat Dec 02, 2006 9:09 am

The 9.95 desks are sold out for those interested.

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

#24 Post by crawf » Sat Dec 02, 2006 2:58 pm

the problem with ikea in Adelaide they only have the one- if they had stores in other suburbs it might do better. i live in the northern suburbs and quite frankly it's in a pig of a location for a lot of people - and current fuel prices don't help!
I disagree. Adelaide is already struggling just to have one. you gotta remember we already have LeCornu (one of the worlds largest furniture stores) and so many others such as Harvey Norman, Freedom etc...

Al
VIP Member
VIP Member

#25 Post by Al » Sun Dec 03, 2006 4:26 pm

I went to Ikea today and if they're saying Ikea is struggling, I don't see it. I was spinning around for ages looking for a vacant car park. Inside it was certainly busy too. Maybe it's the usual crap reporting from the Advertiser.

Will
VIP Member
VIP Member

#26 Post by Will » Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:46 pm

Al wrote:I went to Ikea today and if they're saying Ikea is struggling, I don't see it. I was spinning around for ages looking for a vacant car park. Inside it was certainly busy too. Maybe it's the usual crap reporting from the Advertiser.
Likewise, I went to IKEA last Thursday at around 1:00 pm, and I had difficulty finding a car-park, I ended up leaving the car at row E. Inside it was full, and the people were actually buying. So unless IKEA expected there to be the same monster crowds that were observed when it opened, they should be happy.