SA Wins Monopoly!

Anything goes here.. :) Now with Beer Garden for our smoking patrons.
Al
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: SA Wins Monopoly!

#16 Post by Al » Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:36 am

Yeah I saw something on the street boards declaring the 'great monopoly hoax'. Looks like the piece of shit paper we call the Advertiser can't help but cut SA down at every opportunity. Talk about supporting your own state. I hope the person who wrote this article gets a huge kick up the ass (to put it politely). The editors and 'journalists' couldn't just let it be but instead try to bag SA whenever it got the chance. Well, I will NEVER buy another Advertiser again. :x

Howie
VIP Member
VIP Member

#17 Post by Howie » Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:05 am

Our original monopoly competition thread :D

http://www.sensational-adelaide.com/for ... ?f=4&t=675

Also in channel 9 news ticker this morning...
"Do you believe Adelaide and Barossa should have gotten the top two spots? 47% Yes, 53% No." lol

toby1
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#18 Post by toby1 » Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:20 pm

hahaha good ol' SA ingenuity :)

funny story, and now that how-ever-many boards have been printed up what is the future? take them off the shelves?
i will freely agree that it was wrong to rig it up like this, but it has to be said that their little hack got the job done, and either the admin of the monopoly site didn't realise what was happening or was "compliant" by allowing it to continue. hmmm ... i bet the eastern seaboard will use this against SA for years to come yet :twisted:
Thou Shalt Ignite That Which Burns

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

#19 Post by crawf » Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:14 pm

Well it would be pretty pathetic if we do because EVERY state cheated though especially us, WA and Queensland.

Will
VIP Member
VIP Member

#20 Post by Will » Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:34 am

Well I think we still won the competition fairly. Computer nerds in other states could have done the same thing. If they didn't that their problem.
:2cents:

Howie
VIP Member
VIP Member

#21 Post by Howie » Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:44 pm

Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member

#22 Post by Norman » Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:34 pm

Any of you blokes in there? :P

Howie
VIP Member
VIP Member

#23 Post by Howie » Sat Jun 09, 2007 1:17 am

Nah, we got the invite but had to be at the studio by 2pm and most of us had work or something else going on at the time. don't think the nation would want to see our ugly mugs on there anyway. :P

Edgar
Legendary Member!

#24 Post by Edgar » Fri Jun 15, 2007 12:29 pm

:D

Either way, if there really is the need to point on the blame, the Monopoly Board should be responsible. First, it is stupid enough to host an online casting votes and let the public secure their spots, secondly, if they really had no choice but to go online, they should have a bullet-proof, hacked-proof online casting system.

If they cannot come up with a good explanation, they could go bankrupt if the entire Australian states except SA decided to boycott :lol: What's worse? The other states just cannot accept SA's victory, anytime.

:wank: :wank: :wank:
Visit my website at http://www.edgarchieng.com for more photos of Adelaide and South Australia.

chickeeducks
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#25 Post by chickeeducks » Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:27 pm

hey guys

check out the new version that Monopoly is trying to do!

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=152598

so far sydney is coming in at #5 and SA is nowhere to be seen! Come on guys get your butts moving and start voting....lets see if we can put SA onto the Global Monopoly board!

Diamond
High Rise Poster!

#26 Post by Diamond » Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:06 pm

Didn't see this thread before, but not only do we have the best spots on the Monopoly board, we also have the best hackers in the country :lol:
Vladimir Putin - TIME Magazine's Man Of The Year 2007

LoveAdelaide
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#27 Post by LoveAdelaide » Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:44 am

I think we've got a point to prove , that regardless of voting systems we can get Adelaide on the Monopoly board fair and square - as it deserves to be because its the best city in Australia.... I am going to email all my friends and family and nominate Adelaide everyday until the end of the month and I bet we get on the board - if ALL OF US DO THE SAME - visit http://www.monopoly.com and nominate Adelaide - LET's ALL GIVE IT A GO AND SEE IF WE CAN"T GET ADELAIDE ON THE LEADER BOARD BY THE END OF THIS WEEK!

Brando
Donating Member
Donating Member

#28 Post by Brando » Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:36 pm

I have submitted my vote.. :D

Wayno
VIP Member
VIP Member

#29 Post by Wayno » Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:03 pm

we are getting closer!!!

in today's online tiser ==> http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/stor ... 82,00.html
ADELAIDE is only four cities away from reaching a spot on the wildcard top 20 in the election for the first ever World Monopoly board.

Organisers of the bid to get Australian cities onto the board are calling for all residents and fans of Adelaide to get online and vote everyday.

It is believed Adelaide is only 200 or so votes away from reaching the top 20. You can vote for Adelaide by clicking on http://www.monopolyworldvote.com/en_AU/world

You will need to register to vote - it only requires an email and password - which you have to verify. Once you are logged in you can nominate Adelaide in the red nomination box at the bottom of the page.

Go Adelaide!
you can vote daily for the next 16 days!!!
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

Howie
VIP Member
VIP Member

#30 Post by Howie » Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:47 pm

what the heck? i'm trying to vote here and there's no adelaide, australia?? what am i doing wrong?