[U/C] 231-243 Waymouth Street | 55m | 17lvls | Student Accom

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
Nathan
Super Size Scraper Poster!

[U/C] Re: 231-243 Waymouth Street | 55m | 17lvls | Student Accom

#226 Post by Nathan » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:00 am

:roll:

Even if you think it's subjectively ugly, we should be encouraging developers to be more daring with their architecture. Some polarising buildings around the city is a heck of a lot more interesting than the same bland shit we normally get. We certainly don't need any more blocks with glass balconies and pods with grey aluminium panels and the the odd bit framed in some highlight colour.

If you think this looks like it's from a war zone, pull your head out of your hyperbolic arse. That's the same nonsense as when people describe a development as "future slums", despite not in the least bit resembling a real slum.

Pikey
VIP Member
VIP Member

#227 Post by Pikey » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:13 am

Could not agree more. I for one feel this is the most texturally diverse development we've had in recent times. Yes it's polarising, but seeing it on the urban context once the rest of the adjacent sites are developed, I think we'll appreciate the diversity on the skyline that this building has introduced.
Walking on over....

| Sensational-Adelaide.com Moderator |

Algernon
Legendary Member!

#228 Post by Algernon » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:36 pm

Pikey wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:13 am
Could not agree more. I for one feel this is the most texturally diverse development we've had in recent times. Yes it's polarising, but seeing it on the urban context once the rest of the adjacent sites are developed, I think we'll appreciate the diversity on the skyline that this building has introduced.
The earlier shot where the concrete is contrasted with the red brick building is the key. When everything is focalised on the building it's a strange beast. But I'm really looking forward to it having neighbours. One to watch as the west end evolves.