[CAN] Police Credit Union | 29m | 8lvls | Office

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
Howie
VIP Member
VIP Member

[CAN] Re: #Proposed: Cnr Gouger/West Terrace, 8lv $20m

#16 Post by Howie » Thu Oct 25, 2007 10:49 pm

Paul from pruszinski architects reports that this is going to council on 19november. Assuming it gets approved construction begins first thing next year.

Will
VIP Member
VIP Member

#17 Post by Will » Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:32 pm

Last edited by Will on Mon Dec 17, 2007 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cruise
Banned
Banned

#18 Post by Cruise » Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:26 am

this is exactly what west terrace needs.

Edgar
Legendary Member!

#19 Post by Edgar » Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:36 am

Is this located at the current liquor land site?
Visit my website at http://www.edgarchieng.com for more photos of Adelaide and South Australia.

bm7500
Donating Member
Donating Member

#20 Post by bm7500 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:20 am

edgar_raphael wrote:Is this located at the current liquor land site?
Yes, right on the corner of Gouger / West Tce.

Looks great IMO. Hopefully it gets passed as i can't see an 8 story building having too great an impact on the OLS, given that there is a 31 story tower only a few hundred metres behind it.
ADELAIDE SINGAPORE LONDON BERLIN AMSTERDAM PARIS TOKYO AUCKLAND DOHA DUBLIN HONG KONG BANGKOK REYKJAVIK ROME MADRID BUDAPEST COPENHAGEN ZURICH BRUSSELS VIENNA PRAGUE STOCKHOLM LUXEMBOURG BRATISLAVA NASSAU DUBAI BAHRAIN KUALA LUMPUR HELSINKI GENEVA

AG
VIP Member
VIP Member

#21 Post by AG » Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:06 am

Objections to city's Gateway
RUSSELL EMMERSON, REAL ESTATE EDITOR
December 03, 2007 12:00am
ADELAIDE City's development assessment panel will tonight decide whether to approve a new gateway building for Gouger St.

New South Wales-based builders Build Tec want to construct an eight-storey office and separate bottle shop on the corner of Gouger St and West Tce, next to the CMI Toyota car yard.

The land, valued at more than $2 million, is owned by Coles Group related company, Coles Group Property Developments. The proposed bottle shop is likely to be a Coles' 1st Choice.

Three objections have been lodged against the proposal.

Audio engineering school SAE Adelaide is calling for the assessment panel to take into account higher noise levels necessarily involved with the demolition of the old building and construction of the new.

Manager Michael Davison said the building would change the character of the area.

"The construction noise over the period of building the development will severely interrupt our core business, which is education," he wrote. A residential investor warned she may suffer financial loss if the demolition noise caused her tenants to move out or demand lower rent.

An agent of the developer said Build Tec would meet its environmental responsibilities but disturbance during construction was unavoidable.

At its last meeting, the panel approved a $20 million proposal to redevelop the CMI Toyota site on West Tce.

The panel voted to refuse the application in February because of the impacts on residents and because it did not make the most of the mixed-use site but limitations to the workshop's hours of operations allowed the approval.

UrbanSG
VIP Member
VIP Member

#22 Post by UrbanSG » Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:10 am

3 objections :D :D :D You get more objections for the construction of some single storey dwellings in some Council areas. I can't believe they wrote an article on this relating to only 3 objections. Clowns :wank:

By the way the original CMI development back in February had approximately 50 objections, just a slight difference there Russel! It did not get refused because they only changed the hours of operation the whole bloody design was changed. The main difference was the removal of the large car park adjacent the Residential Zone not a change in operating hours. Typical Advertiser journalism. We could write better articles than this bloke.
Last edited by UrbanSG on Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

ynotsfables
High Rise Poster!

#23 Post by ynotsfables » Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:14 am

I think it's a little unfair to publicly mention these three people that object to this project, I thought the Phoenix society did n't encourage it's residence, or allow them to be subject to such public scrutiny.

With all due respect to the Phoenix society, most of it's residence know better.

Howie
VIP Member
VIP Member

#24 Post by Howie » Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:30 am

Anyone know if submissions have closed for this development? I would like to make a submission of my own supporting this development.

UrbanSG
VIP Member
VIP Member

#25 Post by UrbanSG » Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:36 am

Yes they are closed Howie.

Howie
VIP Member
VIP Member

#26 Post by Howie » Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:34 pm

Gateway building deferred
CALLIE WATSON

December 03, 2007 09:30pm

ADELAIDE City Council's Development Assessment Panel tonight deferred a decision on whether to approve a new eight-storey building on Gouger St.
The panel wants the applicant, New South Wales-based builders Build Tec, to further consider the bulk, scale, noise and overshadowing of properties on nearby Alfred St.

It also wants more details on the building's energy efficiency before it gives the go-ahead.

Labelled as a gateway building, it is proposed for the corner of Gouger St and West Tce next to the CMI Toyota car yard.

Plasmatron
High Rise Poster!

#27 Post by Plasmatron » Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:47 am

Well, this seems like a typical Adelaide move. I mean, overshadowing? Being in the CBD, maybe those other properties shouldn't even be there, or at least the people should realise its reasonable for buildings to go up at any time. I know it hasn't been completely denied, but would this kind of thing happen in other major cities? As long as it gets approved (soon), without the height being reduced, I guess the delay to clarify and/or amend various details will be redeemed. Somewhat.
https://www.youtube.com/UltraVibeProductions

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

#28 Post by crawf » Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:58 am

I wouldn't even call that area apart of the CBD, its more like a inner city suburb. Its out of the main CBD part anyway so I don't think its that bad that the decision is yet to be made.

bva
High Rise Poster!

#29 Post by bva » Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:24 am

it does happen everywhere
camden council in london just refused a much needed and otherwise great 10 storey building in central london on the basis of the overshadowing impact to one window in a nearby property (which already had daylight issues anyway)!!!

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#30 Post by Ben » Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:34 am

One of the people on AdelaideNow refer to the DAP as the DRP (Development Rejection Panel) - I like it.