[COM] City Central 8 | 72m | 20lvls | office

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
AtD
VIP Member
VIP Member

[COM] Re: #Proposed: City Central Tower 8 17 Levels

#16 Post by AtD » Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:46 pm

Ho Really wrote:Agreed. Whereabouts is its exact location in relation to Franklin Street and Victoria Square. You know where my disappointment lies? I believe City Central One should have been the iconic tower, maybe the 30 storey building we were so much looking forward to.

Cheers
12-26 Franklin Street
http://buildinglist.photoadelaide.com/M ... ?maploc=86

:)

17 levels is a disappointment? Shows how much we've been spoilt these last few years! You need to remember that since the City Central project was announced, we've had a massive building boom. There's a lot more space coming onto the market.

skyliner
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#17 Post by skyliner » Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:05 pm

Disappointing :(

Hoever in the face of all this, I seem to remember reading (on another city central thread) of someone on SA that had spoken to a foreman on the development area who indicated there was a big one coming. I have'nt given up hope yet - wait and see what pans out for the rest of the towers. Things have been pretty fluid till this time and may change again.

ADELAIDE - TOWARDS A GREATER CITY SKYLINE
Jack.

Plasmatron
High Rise Poster!

#18 Post by Plasmatron » Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:04 pm

AtD wrote:17 levels is a disappointment? Shows how much we've been spoilt these last few years!
I don't think it's necessarily the height many are dissapointed with, but mainly the height in relation to the prime location... with many other similar-sized buildings around, the development's going to blend into the background, without making much of an impact (as many people were speculating and presuming long in advance). Oh well, there's still many other sites and areas around for taller ones.
https://www.youtube.com/UltraVibeProductions

Brando
Donating Member
Donating Member

#19 Post by Brando » Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:24 pm

I just think we are always promised so much, yet we are always let down...and it's bullshit.

Omicron

#20 Post by Omicron » Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:16 pm

I have but one request - that it does not look like either CC1 or CC2.

Done
Gold-Member ;)

#21 Post by Done » Sat Feb 02, 2008 4:18 am

They could just be testing the waters...
What I mean is this could be a first shot with the ACC seeing what they can and can't get away with.
If this is tower 8, wouldn't we see a few more developments before this?

Ho Really

#22 Post by Ho Really » Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:10 pm

AtD wrote:...12-26 Franklin Street

17 levels is a disappointment?...
Thank you Adam. It's a reasonably-sized allotment, but maybe not enough for a 30-storey tower. The shadowing would be an issue during the winter months. Maybe the taller tower - which we hope is around the 30-storey mark - would slot in on the south side of Post Office Lane just behind CC1. Shadowing on Franklin Street/Victoria Square would be similar to a 17-storey building. Keep your fingers crossed!

Cheers
Confucius say: Dumb man climb tree to get cherry, wise man spread limbs.

Will
VIP Member
VIP Member

#23 Post by Will » Sat Feb 02, 2008 2:59 pm

Ho Really wrote:
AtD wrote:...12-26 Franklin Street

17 levels is a disappointment?...
Thank you Adam. It's a reasonably-sized allotment, but maybe not enough for a 30-storey tower. The shadowing would be an issue during the winter months. Maybe the taller tower - which we hope is around the 30-storey mark - would slot in on the south side of Post Office Lane just behind CC1. Shadowing on Franklin Street/Victoria Square would be similar to a 17-storey building. Keep your fingers crossed!

Cheers
But in the eastern capitals, they build taller buildings on smaller allotments. Why do our buildings have to be fat and stumpy? But furthermore the area behind CCT1 has already being developed; it houses the new Advertiser building. The reality of the situation is that any prospect for a 30 level tower on City Central, now seem very remote. This is why people like me are disappointed. If we had not been tempted by talk of a 30 level tower, then we would not be disappointed, but as usual we are told something big is being planned only to be disappointed when the final product is smaller and uglier.

frank1
Donating Member
Donating Member

#24 Post by frank1 » Sat Feb 02, 2008 3:23 pm

According to the AAC and the Nimby's of North Adelaide, everything has to fit in with Adelaide's 'majestic skyline'.
So pathetic :evil:

Ho Really

#25 Post by Ho Really » Sat Feb 02, 2008 3:51 pm

Will wrote:But in the eastern capitals, they build taller buildings on smaller allotments. Why do our buildings have to be fat and stumpy?
I agree. They could easily go to 100metres in height similar to the Grenfell Centre which is not that big around.
But furthermore the area behind CCT1 has already being developed; it houses the new Advertiser building.
Since I haven't been at the back of the new ANZ building I'm not sure how much room there is. I was looking at the map Adam had on his website. That allotment looks big. The Advertiser is west of CC1 and I was referring to south (unless that has become a plaza).
The reality of the situation is that any prospect for a 30 level tower on City Central, now seem very remote. This is why people like me are disappointed. If we had not been tempted by talk of a 30 level tower, then we would not be disappointed, but as usual we are told something big is being planned only to be disappointed when the final product is smaller and uglier.
I agree. They get your hopes high and then get kicked in the guts.

Realistically the ACC should be lifting the height limits way past the 120m mark to the east of the Town Hall in the area bound by King William, Grenfell, Pulteney and Wakefield Streets. Where flightpaths are less affected. Now, then we would have a city with some decent buildings.

Cheers

Will
VIP Member
VIP Member

#26 Post by Will » Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:59 am

Ho Really, the area south of CCT1 is a plaza.

Ho Really

#27 Post by Ho Really » Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:23 pm

Will wrote:Ho Really, the area south of CCT1 is a plaza.
How much room is there between the plaza and Franklin Street? I know there's a car park there to the side of the Post Office. I haven't been down there for a while, but I'm sure there's plenty of room for something over 20-storeys without it being a problem to Victoria Square.

Cheers

Matt
Legendary Member!

#28 Post by Matt » Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:22 pm

Zzzzzzz.

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

#29 Post by crawf » Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:00 pm

Remember plans for City Central keep changing all the time, so I'm still hopeful for a 100m+ tower or even a tower taller then Westpac House.

We need to remember that we have huge amount of office buildings planned for the city, so maybe developers thought it would be a safer option to just build a 17 level office building and make one of the other sites a 'landmark' tower.

Such as a mixed use tower with hotel accommodation, apartments and maybe office space. We gotta remember we have a massive demand for apartments atm.

Will
VIP Member
VIP Member

#30 Post by Will » Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:46 pm

Ho Really wrote:
Will wrote:Ho Really, the area south of CCT1 is a plaza.
How much room is there between the plaza and Franklin Street? I know there's a car park there to the side of the Post Office. I haven't been down there for a while, but I'm sure there's plenty of room for something over 20-storeys without it being a problem to Victoria Square.

Cheers
The plaza does not extend all the way to franklin Street. The area fronting Franklin Street is however reserved for the hotel development.