[COM] Renaissance Arcade | 132m | 40 Levels | Realm Apartments

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
serca
High Rise Poster!

[COM] Re: Renaissance Arcade | 132m | 40lvls | Realm Apartments

#226 Post by serca » Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:37 pm

ghs wrote:In that video, Callum Fraser states that this building will be the tallest in the state. You could argue
that the Port Pirie Smelter (205m) will still be the tallest in the state.
Haha classic

Definition of building is simply has walls and a roof . Id hope that stack doesn't have a roof.

There are lots of structures in SA even Adelaide taller than Westpac house . The cooling towers on Torrens power station, the transmission towers at mount lofty, Makris bundle of cash :wink: etc etc

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

#227 Post by crawf » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:20 pm

Realm Adelaide tower approved, with construction to now begin for two major skyscrapers this year
Sam Kelton, The Advertiser
January 11, 2017 4:41pm

THE battle for Adelaide’s tallest building will begin this year, with the approval of a 40-storey apartment tower on Austin Street in the CBD

Realm Adelaide, which has been approved by the Development Assessment Commission, will rise 132 metres, span 40 levels and feature 320 apartments ranging from one to four bedrooms.

Formerly billed as the Eclipse Project, the residential complex was to be 94m and 29 storeys high but plans were resubmitted with much bigger ambitions.

The tower is planned above the existing Renaissance Arcade and will revive Assay House, built in 1858, by restoring the facade with a view to host a bar and restaurant in the historic building.

But it will be a race against time to be the tallest.

Construction work on a building two metres taller will begin in the new year, after the state’s planning authority gave the project the green light.

The Development Assessment Commission in December approved the Kyren Group’s plan to build a 34-storey, 134m-high skyscraper at 11-27 Frome St.

The building will include a hotel, student accommodation, residential and serviced apartments, a cafe and car parking.

It will be two metres taller than the city’s existing tallest structure, the Westpac building.

Dubbed Frome Central, the development will mean Adelaide comedy club The Rhino Room and its sister venues, Urban Cow Studio and The Howling Owl, will be kicked out of their premises and their existing building demolished.

Elenberg Fraser founder Callum Fraser said Realm Adelaide’s approval was an exciting moment for the city, which had long pursued exemplar design.

“The approval of Adelaide’s tallest building, Realm Adelaide, is a milestone in the evolution of this city and its continual transformation,” he said.

“Its golden geometric form will stand out on the Adelaide skyline, creating a strong architectural statement in the city.

“Realm Adelaide will change apartment living as Adelaide residents know it, offering a lifestyle that hasn’t previously been available in the apartment sector here.”

Construction will start in mid-2017 and completion is anticipated by 2020.

timtam20292
Legendary Member!

#228 Post by timtam20292 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:24 pm

:D :D :D

Waewick
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#229 Post by Waewick » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:57 am

who said cheap money wasn't helping the economy

that is great news, hopefully it goes up!

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#230 Post by Ben » Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:03 pm

Prior to the official launch tonight sales are at 30%. Construction due 2nd half of the year.

Couple new renders.

Llessur2002

#231 Post by Llessur2002 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:29 pm

Not sure about anyone else but whilst I know that when they say this...

...they mean this sort of thing...

...for some reason all I can think of is this...

Nice building though.
Last edited by Llessur2002 on Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

monotonehell
VIP Member
VIP Member

#232 Post by monotonehell » Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:52 pm

Llessur2002 wrote:Not sure about anyone else but whilst I know that when they say this...
...however all I can think of is this...
Nice building though.
Ummmm... lol.

Depends on the layout. I've been in some apartments that have a good flow (feng schwing?) and others that make you feel like this:
FallingL.jpg
FallingL.jpg (4.28 KiB) Viewed 3107 times
Exit on the right in the direction of travel.

Llessur2002

#233 Post by Llessur2002 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:06 pm

I meant the 'new form of living' quote. Sounds more of a biological experiment than a lifestyle offering.

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#234 Post by Ben » Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:37 am

A couple of pics from last night.

They announced both the developer and architect are planning more buildings for Adelaide. They want this building to set the precedent of the new Adelaide.

Llessur2002

#235 Post by Llessur2002 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:45 am

That looks awesome. Would be more than happy for that to set the precedent of the new Adelaide.

ChillyPhilly

#236 Post by ChillyPhilly » Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:10 pm

monotonehell wrote:
Llessur2002 wrote:Not sure about anyone else but whilst I know that when they say this...
Nice building though.
Ummmm... lol.

Depends on the layout. I've been in some apartments that have a good flow (feng schwing?) and others that make you feel like this:
FallingL.jpg
Feng Shui.

Now I'm curious if its principles have ever informed the design and layout of a major new CBD building in recent years.
Our state, our city, our future.

All views expressed on this forum are my own.

Nort

#237 Post by Nort » Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:17 pm

Ben wrote:A couple of pics from last night.

They announced both the developer and architect are planning more buildings for Adelaide. They want this building to set the precedent of the new Adelaide.
Any good marketing team is going to say things like that, keep potential investors seeing this as a growth market, but hopefully it happens. An extra half dozen or so buildings of this size would change the vibe of the city completely.

monotonehell
VIP Member
VIP Member

#238 Post by monotonehell » Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:00 pm

ChillyPhilly wrote:
monotonehell wrote:
Nice building though.
Ummmm... lol.

FallingL.jpg
Feng Shui.

Now I'm curious if its principles have ever informed the design and layout of a major new CBD building in recent years.
No, not Feng Shui, that creates silly spaces, what's good for a dragon isn't necessarily good for living in. But Feng Schwing! See Wayne's World.

I think the normal concession to Feng Shui is to stick a mirror or two as a after the fact fix.
Exit on the right in the direction of travel.

Algernon

#239 Post by Algernon » Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:02 pm

monotonehell wrote: No, not Feng Shui, that creates silly spaces, what's good for a dragon isn't necessarily good for living in. But Feng Schwing! See Wayne's World.

I think the normal concession to Feng Shui is to stick a mirror or two as a after the fact fix.
I was thinking about sha-wing principles when I saw the renders

fishinajar
High Rise Poster!

#240 Post by fishinajar » Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:01 pm

Nort wrote:...An extra half dozen or so buildings of this size would change the vibe of the city completely.
As long as they're mostly resi. with ground floor retail & services, otherwise we'll just have more empty commercial space.