[U/C] Renaissance Arcade | 132m | 40 Levels | Realm Apartments

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
Message
Author
normh
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 133
Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:19 pm
Has thanked: 133 times
Been thanked: 74 times

[U/C] Re: Renaissance Arcade | 132m | 40 Levels | Realm Apartments

#736 Post by normh » Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:15 pm

timtam20292 wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:37 am
How many levels are in the podium?
I believe carparks up to the 7th floor, the 8th floor is the communal stuff, swimming pool, gym, whatever with some apartments and from there up it is just apartments.

whatstheirname
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 111
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:57 am
Has thanked: 32 times
Been thanked: 243 times

[U/C] Re: Renaissance Arcade | 132m | 40 Levels | Realm Apartments

#737 Post by whatstheirname » Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:16 pm

More concrete poured today, using the pump from the core - how exciting!!
Construction54.jpg
Construction54.jpg (4.34 MiB) Viewed 2316 times

normh
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 133
Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:19 pm
Has thanked: 133 times
Been thanked: 74 times

[U/C] Re: Renaissance Arcade | 132m | 40 Levels | Realm Apartments

#738 Post by normh » Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:02 am

whatstheirname wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:16 pm
More concrete poured today, using the pump from the core - how exciting!!
Construction54.jpg
Wow, that was quick, the slider will have to move tomorrow surely!

normh
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 133
Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:19 pm
Has thanked: 133 times
Been thanked: 74 times

[U/C] Re: Renaissance Arcade | 132m | 40 Levels | Realm Apartments

#739 Post by normh » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:45 am

On closer examination I see they haven't done the upramp yet to the new level but the rate they are doing this I would think not too long before that is completed as well.

whatstheirname
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 111
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:57 am
Has thanked: 32 times
Been thanked: 243 times

[U/C] Re: Renaissance Arcade | 132m | 40 Levels | Realm Apartments

#740 Post by whatstheirname » Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:44 am

Looking to pour the next floor? and no sign of core movement
Construction55.jpg
Construction55.jpg (4.99 MiB) Viewed 1850 times

User avatar
Pikey
VIP Member
VIP Member
Posts: 2198
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2005 7:41 am
Location: Sitting Down
Has thanked: 120 times
Been thanked: 336 times

[U/C] Re: Renaissance Arcade | 132m | 40 Levels | Realm Apartments

#741 Post by Pikey » Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:05 am

Wouldn't be surprised if the core rises later today or over the weekend.
Walking on over....

| Sensational-Adelaide.com Moderator |

Dvious
Legendary Member!
Posts: 560
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:46 pm
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 26 times

[U/C] Re: Renaissance Arcade | 132m | 40 Levels | Realm Apartments

#742 Post by Dvious » Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:44 am

Looks to be about 1 floor a week at the moment. Smashing ahead!

User avatar
Nathan
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 3090
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:09 pm
Location: Bowden
Has thanked: 188 times
Been thanked: 598 times
Contact:

[U/C] Re: Renaissance Arcade | 132m | 40 Levels | Realm Apartments

#743 Post by Nathan » Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:26 pm

Realm Adelaide tower near Rundle Street has been redesigned owing to higher wind pressure on the 132m-tall building
https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/messenge ... c8323b696d

THE exterior of a landmark $100 million apartment tower under construction in Adelaide's East End has been redesigned to counter wind-loads on the building’s increased height, its architect says.

Adelaide City Council has approved a final design for the 132m-tall Realm Adelaide tower, involving a redistribution of gold-coloured mesh panels on the eastern and western sides of what will be Adelaide's tallest apartment tower and equal second-tallest building.

The Austin St property, which is being built over the Renaissance Arcade, will feature 310 apartments. It is scheduled for completion by late 2019.

Elenberg Fraser associate architect James Harbard said the reallocation of panels was to counteract higher wind-loads on the building, which was initially designed as a 30-level building but was increased in height to 40 levels in 2016.

“We originally envisaged the facade screening of the building being a very light perforated mesh that was both transparent and would assist in reducing heat and provide similar shade to sitting under a tree,” Mr Harbard said.

“We have engineered a solution to get the facade to operate as per its original intent, without bulking it up with unnecessary steel work to counteract higher wind-loads at Level 40.

Image

Image

“The updated design still honours the original theme of the building, and the changes made have come about so the exterior design delivers the best result for residents.”

He said glazing to the windows and glass specifications had also been increased to counter Adelaide’s extreme summer heat.

The design of Realm’s interior is unchanged.

Realm Adelaide sales director Ben Small said 91 per cent of apartments had been sold.

normh
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 133
Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:19 pm
Has thanked: 133 times
Been thanked: 74 times

[U/C] Re: Renaissance Arcade | 132m | 40 Levels | Realm Apartments

#744 Post by normh » Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:12 am

Nathan wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:26 pm
Realm Adelaide tower near Rundle Street has been redesigned owing to higher wind pressure on the 132m-tall building
https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/messenge ... c8323b696d

THE exterior of a landmark $100 million apartment tower under construction in Adelaide's East End has been redesigned to counter wind-loads on the building’s increased height, its architect says.

Adelaide City Council has approved a final design for the 132m-tall Realm Adelaide tower, involving a redistribution of gold-coloured mesh panels on the eastern and western sides of what will be Adelaide's tallest apartment tower and equal second-tallest building.

The Austin St property, which is being built over the Renaissance Arcade, will feature 310 apartments. It is scheduled for completion by late 2019.

Elenberg Fraser associate architect James Harbard said the reallocation of panels was to counteract higher wind-loads on the building, which was initially designed as a 30-level building but was increased in height to 40 levels in 2016.

“We originally envisaged the facade screening of the building being a very light perforated mesh that was both transparent and would assist in reducing heat and provide similar shade to sitting under a tree,” Mr Harbard said.

“We have engineered a solution to get the facade to operate as per its original intent, without bulking it up with unnecessary steel work to counteract higher wind-loads at Level 40.

“The updated design still honours the original theme of the building, and the changes made have come about so the exterior design delivers the best result for residents.”

He said glazing to the windows and glass specifications had also been increased to counter Adelaide’s extreme summer heat.

The design of Realm’s interior is unchanged.

Realm Adelaide sales director Ben Small said 91 per cent of apartments had been sold.

No! There is something else going on here, it is not just a shifting of the "gold panels" It looks like one panel has been removed from each end and the other moved over so only 8 panels on each side and leaving nice clean lines.

BUT the kicker is there is internal changes, look at the "new look" in the middle third, there is no what appears to be balconies! albeit small. Anyone have any thoughts?

Patrick_27
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 1629
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:41 pm
Location: Adelaide CBD, SA
Been thanked: 196 times

[U/C] Re: Renaissance Arcade | 132m | 40 Levels | Realm Apartments

#745 Post by Patrick_27 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:29 am

This is a really shit outcome. Even if the glazing of the windows is amazing, this building has gone from bold to bland and it now looks like something I would expect from a mid-rise building in Melbourne's Southbank. The only way I could see that redesign popping is by removing the balconies on the sides, which you couldn't do now that sales have been made.

User avatar
timtam20292
Legendary Member!
Posts: 1058
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:03 pm
Has thanked: 850 times
Been thanked: 145 times

[U/C] Re: Renaissance Arcade | 132m | 40 Levels | Realm Apartments

#746 Post by timtam20292 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:17 am

It looks fine.

User avatar
Algernon
Legendary Member!
Posts: 1102
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2005 9:46 pm
Location: Moravia
Has thanked: 308 times
Been thanked: 146 times

[U/C] Re: Renaissance Arcade | 132m | 40 Levels | Realm Apartments

#747 Post by Algernon » Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:29 am

I slightly prefer the older design because the new one has a bit too much vertical symmetry for my taste. It's still the pick of the 100m+ developments in Adelaide. Also a relief that the revised materials wasn't for cost cutting.

User avatar
Thunderstruck
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 125
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2005 9:41 am
Location: Seaford Meadows, SA

[U/C] Re: Renaissance Arcade | 132m | 40 Levels | Realm Apartments

#748 Post by Thunderstruck » Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:19 am

Ugh, new design is a pretty large downgrade, puts everything in straight lines giving it a blocky rectangle feel. it's still going to be good but it could have been excellent. Loved the old.
"He was the sort of person who stood on mountaintops during thunderstorms in wet copper armour shouting "All the Gods are bastards" - Pratchett

adel aide
Sen-Rookie-Sational
Posts: 40
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:12 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 3 times

[U/C] Re: Renaissance Arcade | 132m | 40 Levels | Realm Apartments

#749 Post by adel aide » Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:24 am

Algernon wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:29 am
I slightly prefer the older design because the new one has a bit too much vertical symmetry for my taste. It's still the pick of the 100m+ developments in Adelaide. Also a relief that the revised materials wasn't for cost cutting.
Do you honestly believe the developer would come out and say they are changing the design to save costs??? Surely it is a lot easier and face saving to blame it on the wind but why now? The redesign to 40 storeys went through in 2016 and they would have needed to assess wind loads etc as part of that process so it sounds like a BS excuse to me and cutting costs will be the main driver here.

Will
VIP Member
VIP Member
Posts: 5516
Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2005 6:48 pm
Location: Adelaide
Has thanked: 513 times
Been thanked: 147 times

[U/C] Re: Renaissance Arcade | 132m | 40 Levels | Realm Apartments

#750 Post by Will » Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:13 pm

I have to say I prefer the new design. To me it looks neater and emphasises the verticality of the building.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bradj and 13 guests